[ISFP] ISFP: Spiritual or Religious?

ISFP: Spiritual or Religious?

View Poll Results: ISFPs: Are you more Spiritual or Relgious?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spiritual, but not Religious

    7 53.85%
  • Religious, but not Spiritual

    0 0%
  • Both

    3 23.08%
  • Neither

    3 23.08%
+ Reply to Thread
Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Thank Tree10Thanks

This is a discussion on ISFP: Spiritual or Religious? within the ISFP Forum - The Artists forums, part of the SP's Temperament Forum- The Creators category; Fellow ISFPs, which would decribe you more: 1) Spiritual, but not Religious 2) Religious, but not Spiritual 3) Spiritual and ...

  1. #1
    Unknown Personality

    ISFP: Spiritual or Religious?

    Fellow ISFPs, which would decribe you more:
    1) Spiritual, but not Religious
    2) Religious, but not Spiritual
    3) Spiritual and Religious
    4) Neither Spiritual or Religious



  2. #2
    ISFP - The Artists

    My parents identify as SBNR. I've never been inside a church in my entire life.

    I am neither. Science is a beautiful thing.
    FreeBeer and Jimmers thanked this post.

  3. #3
    Unknown Personality

    Myself, I feel a deep connection with life and nature, which I would call spiritual.
    @hulia I agree, science is a beautiful things
    FreeBeer thanked this post.

  4. #4
    Unknown Personality

    I am sorry but what's the difference?
    Right now I can tell you that I'm not religious.
    FreeBeer thanked this post.

  5. #5
    INFP - The Idealists

    Quote Originally Posted by uncertain View Post
    I am sorry but what's the difference?
    Right now I can tell you that I'm not religious.
    I guess someone would be religious if they identify as catholic and faithful or a hindu, or muslim or a worshiper of Cthulhu, Satan *insert whatever here".

    Spiritual...well this one is going to be harder to define with words so here ya go:

    uncertain, stoicBrit and Jimmers thanked this post.

  6. #6
    Unknown Personality

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeBeer View Post
    I guess someone would be religious if they identify as catholic and faithful or a hindu, or muslim or a worshiper of Cthulhu, Satan *insert whatever here".

    Spiritual...well this one is going to be harder to define with words so here ya go:

    That's how I feel when I think of the word spirituality but I'm not entirely sure if I am or not.
    FreeBeer thanked this post.

  7. #7
    Unknown Personality

    It seems spirituality is "unorganized religion..." but still a sort of religion. A faith/belief in something non-objective.

    It usually involves a god force, which is just infinite, possibility, creativity (no morality or ethics in and of itself, that's not the point)... linked with the patterns of all music and math, the flower of life, energies. Alchemy, "magic[k]," and chakras start to become very reasonable.

    It's ambiguous/vague, confusing, and changes depending on who you have explain it to you.
    I'd fall with spirituality currently.

  8. #8
    Unknown Personality

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeBeer View Post
    I guess someone would be religious if they identify as catholic and faithful or a hindu, or muslim or a worshiper of Cthulhu, Satan *insert whatever here".

    Spiritual...well this one is going to be harder to define with words so here ya go:

    Yeah, something like that. Incredible.
    FreeBeer thanked this post.

  9. #9
    ISFP - The Artists

    I have to confess that I'm not exactly sure how to answer this poll... These terms tend to be defined differently by secular and by religious people, and even then, I don't feel I fit into either of those molds. I'd have to say I'm not really either. I consider myself redeemed, in the biblical sense. I guess I just don't consider myself very religious or spiritual in the way people tend to view these things these days. I'm not religious, because, while I do believe in morals, I don't depend on any religious observances to lead to eternal happiness or life. And to call myself spiritual, but not religious--well, personally, I find I'm rather shallow and incomplete in and of myself, and don't seek some deeper spiritual connection with the world or whatever... And I say this as a pastor and preacher. :-) I guess that's why I say I've been redeemed or ransomed. (oh, and I've always felt somewhat uncomfortable around overtly religious or spiritual people. Maybe it's my Fi, but I tend to get suspicious when somebody exudes such traits [Fe?] maybe that's why I don't consider myself either religious or spiritual... I dunno...)

  10. #10
    Unknown Personality

    Quote Originally Posted by ferroequinologist View Post
    I have to confess that I'm not exactly sure how to answer this poll... These terms tend to be defined differently by secular and by religious people, and even then, I don't feel I fit into either of those molds. I'd have to say I'm not really either. I consider myself redeemed, in the biblical sense. I guess I just don't consider myself very religious or spiritual in the way people tend to view these things these days. I'm not religious, because, while I do believe in morals, I don't depend on any religious observances to lead to eternal happiness or life. And to call myself spiritual, but not religious--well, personally, I find I'm rather shallow and incomplete in and of myself, and don't seek some deeper spiritual connection with the world or whatever... And I say this as a pastor and preacher. :-) I guess that's why I say I've been redeemed or ransomed. (oh, and I've always felt somewhat uncomfortable around overtly religious or spiritual people. Maybe it's my Fi, but I tend to get suspicious when somebody exudes such traits [Fe?] maybe that's why I don't consider myself either religious or spiritual... I dunno...)
    That's ok, no worries :) The options aren't the best. This is my first poll and I usually don't like them because they tend to make things too simple. I actually like responses like yours for that very reason, because simple polls don't capture the grey areas very well. I associate being spiritual with being more independent from institutions with what you believe, more free-spirited. But as I read some responses I realized my own lack of foresight, that there isn't one all inclusive definition of spirituality. My aplogies, my poll does suck :p

    I should have just asked what people believe or don't believe. I'm curious how other ISFPs view the world, its beauty, where they think it all came from, and how that drives them, but I don't want it to become contentious either.


 

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. *Note* To protect our forum from spam, we require all users to verify their email. We will send you a confirmation email after you've created an account. Be sure to check your "spam" box if you don't receive it in your inbox.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] are you religious/spiritual?
    By Junction0 in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-15-2012, 08:05 AM
  2. [Enneagram Type 4] Do you consider yourself to be spiritual, religious, etc?
    By Tread Softly in forum Type 4 Forum - The Individualist
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-28-2012, 12:57 AM
  3. What is the difference in being religious or being spiritual?
    By Tega1 in forum Critical Thinking & Philosophy
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 03:41 PM
  4. Philosophical or Spiritual or Religious Taoists Here?
    By fourtines in forum Critical Thinking & Philosophy
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-18-2011, 06:41 AM
  5. [INFJ] INFJs: Are you very religious and/or spiritual?
    By AtheistGuy in forum INFJ Forum - The Protectors
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 12:08 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:21 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
2014 PersonalityCafe