Another MBTI "debunking" - Page 10

Another MBTI "debunking"

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 104
Thank Tree91Thanks

This is a discussion on Another MBTI "debunking" within the Articles forums, part of the Announcements category; Originally Posted by Scoobyscoob So are you saying that as a Russian immigrant living in Lithuania or as a person ...

  1. #91

    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobyscoob View Post
    So are you saying that as a Russian immigrant living in Lithuania or as a person with an opinion on Russian people? Because what you're saying is a typical conservative argument against allowing immigration, because the argument goes that immigrants never fully integrate to their new country and thus a homogenous culture will never happen by allowing in immigrants. It's also the same argument used to say how someone can rise above poverty but will still behave like the poors. Very much a racist and classist argument when you strip away the niceties. Although like most racist and classist arguments, one could argue that there is a grain of truth to them.
    All words about Russians were just an example. Might as well say that a Lithuanian would never completely adapt to Japanese culture.


    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobyscoob View Post
    That could be due to you living in Eastern Europe because that argument doesn't really hold much water here in the US. :p
    US barely has any unified culture of its own and people's lives can be dramatically different. Most of the world isn't like USA.


    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobyscoob View Post
    Hahah yes, I knew from past conversation that you were obviously biased in favor of Socionics, which is why I criticized it in return. Socionics may have been started by some lady from Lithuania, but it was obviously developed in the Russian part of the USSR. Your bias continues to show here. ;)
    It's true that I will be a little bit more in favour of socionics, but my reasons are simple. First is that descriptions of many things are very culturally relatable, which is definitely not true with MBTI and second is that it was never really overglorified as MBTI was so it's easy to perceive it as it really is. Meanwhile MBTI community still thinks that it's MBTI is pretty much a godlike and only typology.


    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobyscoob View Post
    There aren't any "hipsters" here. Hipsters aren't on the internet much other than to post and share memes. lol People here are mostly older or don't fit in with the average Redditor.
    You don't read perC enough.


    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobyscoob View Post
    Also, MBTI is still used in work places. Socionics, as far as I'm aware, is almost universally derided as bullshit the few times I've tried bringing it up. People have the similar criticisms about MBTI as well, but there are companies that use it quite successfully. Something Socionics can't claim. ;)
    Doesn't change the fact that MBTI and socionics are virtually the same in core elements (functions, stacks). Pretty much shows how "rational" MBTI community is.

  2. #92

    Quote Originally Posted by The red spirit View Post
    All words about Russians were just an example. Might as well say that a Lithuanian would never completely adapt to Japanese culture.

    US barely has any unified culture of its own and people's lives can be dramatically different. Most of the world isn't like USA.

    It's true that I will be a little bit more in favour of socionics, but my reasons are simple. First is that descriptions of many things are very culturally relatable, which is definitely not true with MBTI and second is that it was never really overglorified as MBTI was so it's easy to perceive it as it really is. Meanwhile MBTI community still thinks that it's MBTI is pretty much a godlike and only typology.

    You don't read perC enough.

    Doesn't change the fact that MBTI and socionics are virtually the same in core elements (functions, stacks). Pretty much shows how "rational" MBTI community is.
    So... you're a Russian immigrant living in Lithuania. Why was that so difficult that you needed to avoid the question. Also, seriously. Are you racist or like some Slavic supremacist? You do know people have been immigrating for thousands of years and settle into the dominant culture of an area and after a few generations, there's essentially no difference between the recent settlers and the native people of the land. If you doubt me, then maybe read up on the Roman Empire. Empires don't continue on by excluding everyone. :p

    The rest of your argument has no interest to me other than MBTI = Good but don't consider it science. Socionics = Could be good but makes claims that I've found to be lackluster at best when applied.

  3. #93

    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobyscoob View Post
    So... you're a Russian immigrant living in Lithuania. Why was that so difficult that you needed to avoid the question.
    I didn't avoid anything. You are jumping to conclusions way too fast. I'm not an immigrant or anything like that. Born and lived in same place forever. And there's one useful feature of perC, you can look up someone's birth country under avatar.


    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobyscoob View Post
    Also, seriously. Are you racist or like some Slavic supremacist?
    I have no idea what that word means here, but I'm pretty sure that you are getting a wrong idea...


    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobyscoob View Post
    You do know people have been immigrating for thousands of years and settle into the dominant culture of an area and after a few generations, there's essentially no difference between the recent settlers and the native people of the land. If you doubt me, then maybe read up on the Roman Empire. Empires don't continue on by excluding everyone. :p
    I definitely wasn't talking about matters after several generations.


    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobyscoob View Post
    The rest of your argument has no interest to me other than MBTI = Good but don't consider it science. Socionics = Could be good but makes claims that I've found to be lackluster at best when applied.
    That's what you say while ignoring me and several other people in this thread. Both are crap and useless for anything meaningful, even for quick and dirty typings as both make very little sense.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #94

    Quote Originally Posted by The red spirit View Post
    I didn't avoid anything. You are jumping to conclusions way too fast. I'm not an immigrant or anything like that. Born and lived in same place forever. And there's one useful feature of perC, you can look up someone's birth country under avatar.

    I have no idea what that word means here, but I'm pretty sure that you are getting a wrong idea...

    I definitely wasn't talking about matters after several generations.

    That's what you say while ignoring me and several other people in this thread. Both are crap and useless for anything meaningful, even for quick and dirty typings as both make very little sense.
    Okay, that's all you needed to say. I'm just trying to see your point of view, because a lot of what you say makes sense but you seem to focus on things that I wouldn't focus on.
    The red spirit thanked this post.

  6. #95

    Bump. Just because.
    The red spirit thanked this post.

  7. #96

    My two cents about all that Jung vs MBTI debate.

    How do we know that Jung was right with his X chapter and his observations? it was his model and maybe it had some basis but maybe it had its flaws. In any other sphere and scientific field later researches expand and correct earlier findings.

    With cognitive psychology as far as I try to understand modern tendency is to disregard Jung's view at all. I mean, modern psychology found out that people have 6 basic personality dimensions.

    Agreeableness; conscientiousness; extraversion; openness to experience; and neuroticism, plus honesty and tendecy to arguments 9I don't remember the exact name).

    I mean, whether we take Jung's theory or mbti or any other built only four dimensions it will be only a part of real personality.

  8. #97

    Quote Originally Posted by Allana View Post
    My two cents about all that Jung vs MBTI debate.

    How do we know that Jung was right with his X chapter and his observations? it was his model and maybe it had some basis but maybe it had its flaws. In any other sphere and scientific field later researches expand and correct earlier findings.

    With cognitive psychology as far as I try to understand modern tendency is to disregard Jung's view at all. I mean, modern psychology found out that people have 6 basic personality dimensions.

    Agreeableness; conscientiousness; extraversion; openness to experience; and neuroticism, plus honesty and tendecy to arguments 9I don't remember the exact name).

    I mean, whether we take Jung's theory or mbti or any other built only four dimensions it will be only a part of real personality.
    Huh? You mean these dimensions don' t count? Thinking; feeling; perception; judging ... and some other ones?



    Quote Originally Posted by BigApplePi View Post
    Understanding Made Simple aka Six Tools for Understanding.


    6. HIERARCHY
    HIERARCHY. Hierarchy is by far the most complex part of understanding ...

    Whatever it is we wish to understand can be analyzed, meaning broken into parts. The task is to decide how to make the breakdown.
    Last edited by BigApplePi; 02-25-2020 at 04:15 AM.

  9. #98

    is it really possible to debunk something that people subconsciously invest in the moment they find it?
    doesn't matter how much the science says the astrology is wrong people will still use it to glean useful information about each other.
    same thing here with mbti.
    though granted some infograbs are sinister but alas that's just people.
    The red spirit thanked this post.

  10. #99


    People are so different from each other, that a precise classification of people is not possible, unless it has eight billion types, where each personality type is named after a specific person... Most people can be determined as belonging to multiple MBTI types at the same from different points of view, equally corresponding to the MBTI concept. :-)

  11. #100

    Sure. @reckful What do you think?


     
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. "Deep ocean" vs. "Outer space" and MBTI types
    By starvinginsomedeepmystery in forum Member Polls
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 12-15-2018, 02:17 AM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-21-2017, 05:28 AM
  3. [INFP] "childlike" .vs. "childish" , in this so-called "mature, adult" REAL-world..!
    By niki in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 140
    Last Post: 08-26-2016, 07:07 PM
  4. Is it possible to be a socionics "E" and a MBTI/jungian "I"?
    By dulcinea in forum What's my Socionics type?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2014, 01:29 PM
  5. Debunking the Myth, the contradiction in "Artistic INTPs".
    By Kohtumine in forum INTP Forum - The Thinkers
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 10-05-2012, 05:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:40 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0