Personality Cafe Myers Briggs Dating Service Now Open

Personality Cafe Myers Briggs Dating Service Now Open

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
Thank Tree13Thanks

This is a discussion on Personality Cafe Myers Briggs Dating Service Now Open within the Articles forums, part of the Announcements category; Took a while of coding but I rushed it so please report any bugs thanks....

  1. #1

    Personality Cafe Myers Briggs Dating Service Now Open



    Took a while of coding but I rushed it so please report any bugs thanks.
    WickedQueen and Selene thanked this post.



  2. #2

    Looks great!

  3. #3

    I made a profile just for fun, but it looked ridiculous so I deleted it.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4

    Awesome, Lance. Brilliant. *thumbs up*


    .

  6. #5

    PersonalityCafe - Myers Briggs Dating


    We need people making profiles to work out the bugs. If you don't want to date then choose penpal or somethgin.

    Lance you need more height levels. You are missing some around 5 foot 9. If I were you Lance i would make an account on plenty of fish and grab some ideas from that site.

  7. #6

    Just a question here since I've never owned a forum but won't this add to the cost of keeping the forum up? I mean, aside from being a ridiculous notion (we are not eharmony dammit), if this works then won't there be larger influx of people? This seems like an entirely useless feature that will do more damage then good to me.

  8. #7

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Nem View Post
    Just a question here since I've never owned a forum but won't this add to the cost of keeping the forum up? I mean, aside from being a ridiculous notion (we are not eharmony dammit), if this works then won't there be larger influx of people? This seems like an entirely useless feature that will do more damage then good to me.
    I would say he will most likely split it from the forum eventually. It is pretty much a beta tester right now.

  9. #8

    I made a profile to work out bugs.

    Some notable issues:


    • Height is missing anything in the 10" and 11" range, it jumps straight from 5'9" to 6'0".
    • Weight? You expect women to admit this? Another issue is that you're using it to eyeball someone's appearance, but I know solid women who weigh far more than what they look, and other women who look heavy but don't weigh that much. It's a pretty lousy indicator. You'd do better using "body shape type" or something, along with height.
    • United States was misspelled as "Staes" or "Sates" or something.
    • The strengths/weaknesses indicators aren't great as implemented either.... not enough options, so you can get stuck with something that doesn't really describe you.... PLUS no degree of "strength" there either. I mean, who would rate themselves as "unstable" considering it makes you sound like a lunatic? Same with the others. Either a LOT more variety... or strength of indicator needs to be added somehow.
    • More options to gender preferences ("either" along with "male/female" would be good).
    • More options to frequency of drinking or smoking. The words chosen skip over that whole middle range --- more than "rarely" but less than "often/regularly." Also doesn't say how many drinks. As an indicator, this field should be more precise or else abolished altogether because it's giving a false indication.

    Anyway... interesting idea. :)


    Update on written profile (shown below):

    is an INTP Female, 40 years old, living in Harrisburg, PA, United Sates. She became a Member of our community on 09-09-2009 hoping to find a Male aged from 25 to 45, from the Same State and targeted to Friendship. (Ummm... Didn't join PersonalityCafe to scope out guys!)

    Talking about her life, she said that she is Separated, with children living elsewhere, Caucasian, Agnostic in her religion and having a Bachelor'degree education level. (remove apostrophe after Bachelor)

    She is considered as Good looking in overall appearance, having 533 height and 180 lbs weight, with Brown eyes and Brown hairs. (yikes, where?) She has Sagittarius sign and her best point is Honest while her worst is Moody. In daily life she smokes Never and drinks Rarely.

    Corrections here:
    - the height # is totally wrong
    - "weighs 180 lbs"
    - Her astrological sign is Sagittarius, and her best point is being honest while her worst is being moody. (The adjective list should all be of similar style so they plug in correctly to the text.)
    - In daily life, she Never smokes and Rarely drinks. (putting the adjectives first might work)
    Liontiger and imru2 thanked this post.

  10. #9

    Quote Originally Posted by TreeBob View Post
    PersonalityCafe - Myers Briggs Dating


    We need people making profiles to work out the bugs. If you don't want to date then choose penpal or somethgin.

    Lance you need more height levels. You are missing some around 5 foot 9. If I were you Lance i would make an account on plenty of fish and grab some ideas from that site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennywocky View Post
    I made a profile to work out bugs.

    Some notable issues:


    • Height is missing anything in the 10" and 11" range, it jumps straight from 5'9" to 6'0".
    • Weight? You expect women to admit this? Another issue is that you're using it to eyeball someone's appearance, but I know solid women who weigh far more than what they look, and other women who look heavy but don't weigh that much. It's a pretty lousy indicator. You'd do better using "body shape type" or something, along with height.
    • United States was misspelled as "Staes" or "Sates" or something.
    • The strengths/weaknesses indicators aren't great as implemented either.... not enough options, so you can get stuck with something that doesn't really describe you.... PLUS no degree of "strength" there either. I mean, who would rate themselves as "unstable" considering it makes you sound like a lunatic? Same with the others. Either a LOT more variety... or strength of indicator needs to be added somehow.
    • More options to gender preferences ("either" along with "male/female" would be good).
    • More options to frequency of drinking or smoking. The words chosen skip over that whole middle range --- more than "rarely" but less than "often/regularly." Also doesn't say how many drinks. As an indicator, this field should be more precise or else abolished altogether because it's giving a false indication.

    Anyway... interesting idea. :)


    Update on written profile (shown below):

    is an INTP Female, 40 years old, living in Harrisburg, PA, United Sates. She became a Member of our community on 09-09-2009 hoping to find a Male aged from 25 to 45, from the Same State and targeted to Friendship. (Ummm... Didn't join PersonalityCafe to scope out guys!)

    Talking about her life, she said that she is Separated, with children living elsewhere, Caucasian, Agnostic in her religion and having a Bachelor'degree education level. (remove apostrophe after Bachelor)

    She is considered as Good looking in overall appearance, having 533 height and 180 lbs weight, with Brown eyes and Brown hairs. (yikes, where?) She has Sagittarius sign and her best point is Honest while her worst is Moody. In daily life she smokes Never and drinks Rarely.

    Corrections here:
    - the height # is totally wrong
    - "weighs 180 lbs"
    - Her astrological sign is Sagittarius, and her best point is being honest while her worst is being moody. (The adjective list should all be of similar style so they plug in correctly to the text.)
    - In daily life, she Never smokes and Rarely drinks. (putting the adjectives first might work)
    Thanks for trying it out and informing of the bugs. I'll fix it asap. Like treebob says its in beta so don't expect it to be perfect. I will add more soon and I'll try to grab some ideas from other dating sites.. :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Nem View Post
    Just a question here since I've never owned a forum but won't this add to the cost of keeping the forum up? I mean, aside from being a ridiculous notion (we are not eharmony dammit), if this works then won't there be larger influx of people? This seems like an entirely useless feature that will do more damage then good to me.
    Not really. This won't add much to the forum cost. It does not take that many queries in the mysql since most of it is in file. I don't think there would be a large influx of people really since this script is not as complex as other dating sites. Like you said we are not eharmony. :P I don't know why its useless? I created this simply because I saw the need to make a dating script specifically for the mbti. This would also benefit many in real life if its successful so I don't see why its useless. We need to build up the memberships though.
    WickedQueen thanked this post.

  11. #10

    So Lance... how ya doing?
    BehindSmile thanked this post.


     
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Gender, Myers-Briggs, and the Odd Man/Woman Out
    By entpreter in forum Myers Briggs Forum
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 08-28-2014, 07:38 PM
  2. Myers Briggs Animal Personality
    By Happy in forum Myers Briggs Forum
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 08-29-2012, 11:37 AM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-11-2009, 04:24 PM
  4. Myers Briggs Animal Personality
    By Happy in forum Articles
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 06-02-2009, 01:19 PM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-23-2009, 11:07 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:15 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0