This is a discussion on Personality Cafe Myers Briggs Dating Service Now Open within the Articles forums, part of the Announcements category; Took a while of coding but I rushed it so please report any bugs thanks....
I made a profile just for fun, but it looked ridiculous so I deleted it.
Awesome, Lance. Brilliant. *thumbs up*
PersonalityCafe - Myers Briggs Dating
We need people making profiles to work out the bugs. If you don't want to date then choose penpal or somethgin.
Lance you need more height levels. You are missing some around 5 foot 9. If I were you Lance i would make an account on plenty of fish and grab some ideas from that site.
Just a question here since I've never owned a forum but won't this add to the cost of keeping the forum up? I mean, aside from being a ridiculous notion (we are not eharmony dammit), if this works then won't there be larger influx of people? This seems like an entirely useless feature that will do more damage then good to me.
I made a profile to work out bugs.
Some notable issues:
- Height is missing anything in the 10" and 11" range, it jumps straight from 5'9" to 6'0".
- Weight? You expect women to admit this? Another issue is that you're using it to eyeball someone's appearance, but I know solid women who weigh far more than what they look, and other women who look heavy but don't weigh that much. It's a pretty lousy indicator. You'd do better using "body shape type" or something, along with height.
- United States was misspelled as "Staes" or "Sates" or something.
- The strengths/weaknesses indicators aren't great as implemented either.... not enough options, so you can get stuck with something that doesn't really describe you.... PLUS no degree of "strength" there either. I mean, who would rate themselves as "unstable" considering it makes you sound like a lunatic? Same with the others. Either a LOT more variety... or strength of indicator needs to be added somehow.
- More options to gender preferences ("either" along with "male/female" would be good).
- More options to frequency of drinking or smoking. The words chosen skip over that whole middle range --- more than "rarely" but less than "often/regularly." Also doesn't say how many drinks. As an indicator, this field should be more precise or else abolished altogether because it's giving a false indication.
Anyway... interesting idea. :)
Update on written profile (shown below):
is an INTP Female, 40 years old, living in Harrisburg, PA, United Sates. She became a Member of our community on 09-09-2009 hoping to find a Male aged from 25 to 45, from the Same State and targeted to Friendship. (Ummm... Didn't join PersonalityCafe to scope out guys!)
Talking about her life, she said that she is Separated, with children living elsewhere, Caucasian, Agnostic in her religion and having a Bachelor'degree education level. (remove apostrophe after Bachelor)
She is considered as Good looking in overall appearance, having 533 height and 180 lbs weight, with Brown eyes and Brown hairs. (yikes, where?) She has Sagittarius sign and her best point is Honest while her worst is Moody. In daily life she smokes Never and drinks Rarely.
- the height # is totally wrong
- "weighs 180 lbs"
- Her astrological sign is Sagittarius, and her best point is being honest while her worst is being moody. (The adjective list should all be of similar style so they plug in correctly to the text.)
- In daily life, she Never smokes and Rarely drinks. (putting the adjectives first might work)
So Lance... how ya doing?