Cognitive Function: Ne vs Ni - Page 11

Cognitive Function: Ne vs Ni

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 285
Thank Tree800Thanks

This is a discussion on Cognitive Function: Ne vs Ni within the Articles forums, part of the Announcements category; Originally Posted by SilverRvn @ MegaTuxRacer : I think what you don't understand is that the "one liners" are just ...

  1. #101

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverRvn View Post
    @MegaTuxRacer: I think what you don't understand is that the "one liners" are just mere abstracts or short IDEAS of what the functions actually are. It's the most basic type of description of what they do. It is a general idea of what they're all about and gives a short ray of insight into what they mean. The one liners clearly have no depth as to HOW they work, clearly but people, like myself generally like the bigger picture rather than the details as they can be thoroughly confusing. Also, I respect your opinion as to why it's not adequate but just because you feel that way doesn't automatically make it true. And if you find them to be inadequate, then by all means help us understand them better, because clearly if people keep on asking what the differences are between Ne and Ni, and they STILL don't understand where you find them to make sense, then this thread would cease to exist. Sometimes people ned to look at the overviews as opposed to the fundamentals to understand better.
    It's how the functions work that defines them. Also, to be more poignant, your descriptions are inadequate because they are not really exclusive to the functions you're describing. For example, your description of Ni is actually Ni+Je. However if we remove the part about working something into a goal, it still doesn't only describe Ni. It could also describe Ne. One might say that I am being pedantic, but your description doesn't really help out anyone who wants to understand Ni in the tertiary or inferior position. Your description may not even be adequate for someone that is Ni auxiliary. Furthermore, your description of Ne is Ne+Ji in certain instances. I myself don't really allow my Ne to wander aimlessly when I am trying to get something done. I might not have a fixed point of where I want to arrive, but I know the direction I want to go in.

    Thank you.
    You're welcome.

    And I find it a lot easier to understand what @ENTPreneur said than what a lot of people come up with on here.
    That's great, and I understood him very well. He also classified the strength of each function rather than what each function is.
    Dreamer777, OceanLee, OceanLee and 16 others thanked this post.

  2. #102

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaTuxRacer View Post
    I myself don't really allow my Ne to wander aimlessly when I am trying to get something done. I might not have a fixed point of where I want to arrive, but I know the direction I want to go in.

    Intuition, both introverted and extroverted, is a perceiving function. Do you also not allow your Se to perceive cold in winter?

  3. #103

    @MegaTuxRacer: I understand what you're saying and I do apologize if what I wrote made you feel...annoyed, but I honestly was merely posting what I was taught. I'm also open to learning something from you and anyone else on these forums as I value what other people have to say, however, your first reply back to me came across as a little condescending, followed by your other two posts which were unappreciated. I don't really ask of much from other people, but I don't really enjoy feeling as though I'm below somebody because I'm not up to the standard of someone else; there are other ways to say things and as a Super Member, forgive me, but I feel like someone of your rank would know that by now since you've been interacting on this site quite often. My flaw is that I like to believe that people are inherently good and kind, so thank you.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #104

    Quote Originally Posted by Weeds32 View Post
    Intuition, both introverted and extroverted, is a perceiving function. Do you also not allow your Se to perceive cold in winter?
    You're entirely wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverRvn View Post
    @MegaTuxRacer: I understand what you're saying and I do apologize if what I wrote made you feel...annoyed, but I honestly was merely posting what I was taught. I'm also open to learning something from you and anyone else on these forums as I value what other people have to say, however, your first reply back to me came across as a little condescending, followed by your other two posts which were unappreciated. I don't really ask of much from other people, but I don't really enjoy feeling as though I'm below somebody because I'm not up to the standard of someone else; there are other ways to say things and as a Super Member, forgive me, but I feel like someone of your rank would know that by now since you've been interacting on this site quite often. My flaw is that I like to believe that people are inherently good and kind, so thank you.
    I'm sorry. I am in a very stressful point in my life right now, and I suppose I took that out on you. However, I still stand by everything I said, just in a nicer way. Again, no offense intended.
    Ace Face and SilverRvn thanked this post.

  6. #105

    @MegaTuxRacer : Thank you, and I appreciate you for saying that.

  7. #106
  8. #107

    Quote Originally Posted by Weeds32 View Post
    @MegaTuxRacer ... I disagree.
    Okay so, yes Ni and Ne are both perceiving functions. No, that's not how Se works.

  9. #108

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaTuxRacer View Post
    Okay so, yes Ni and Ne are both perceiving functions. No, that's not how Se works.
    I know. My Se question was intentionally absurd.

  10. #109

    Quote Originally Posted by Weeds32 View Post
    I know. My Se question was intentionally absurd.
    Then do please explain what you meant.

  11. #110

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaTuxRacer View Post
    I actually don't know what to think of this actually. It strikes me as mostly right, but there are some discrepancies with how the judging functions interact in your description with the way I understand Ne/Ni. I will have to think on that.



    You assume Ne would stay focused enough to arrive at the destination. That's the number one flaw in your analogy.



    In what way did I hate on it?
    in this part when you said:
    You assume Ne would stay focused enough to arrive at the destination. That's the number one flaw in your analogy.
    ha ha! you gave me a good laugh! :) i get into so much trouble for my Ne, Ne is secondary for me as an INFP, i get accused of being irrational all the time, partly due to Fi as my dominant function, and partly due to my crazy Ne!! u r right, who says we can stay focused to arrive at the destination, we may never ever arrive, we get carried off on some other Ne explosion along the way and deter to that path and who knows where on earth we'll end up as we continue to keep repeating that explosive Ne cycle!!

    btw, i do appreciate your presentation on Ne and Ni, i enjoyed it very much. :)

    you mentioned that Ne can be used well if the judging function working with it is developed well, but how does that work for the emotional/feeling (Fi) judging function, emotions are irrational, so is there any hope for an INFP to use Ne well? i get accused of being irrational all the time, but yet i see so much incredible possibilities on how to improve a system, but don't know how to converse properly so that the listener can actually realize the value and wisdom of the possibilites i see?? any help for me on this?? i'm 48 now btw....
    Memento thanked this post.


     
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How much of each cognitive function do YOU think you have?
    By thehigher in forum Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 02:18 PM
  2. [INFJ] New Cognitive Function Quiz
    By Collossus in forum INFJ Forum - The Protectors
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 04-15-2013, 05:43 PM
  3. What Cognitive Function would this fall under?
    By Jiena in forum Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-19-2011, 02:08 AM
  4. Wich Cognitive Function Is That?
    By Garfield in forum Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-02-2011, 09:53 AM
  5. [ENFP] Cognitive Function Test
    By cbelle in forum ENFP Forum - The Inspirers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-21-2010, 07:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:43 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0