Ti vs Te examples

Ti vs Te examples

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Thank Tree12Thanks

This is a discussion on Ti vs Te examples within the Cognitive Functions forums, part of the Personality Type Forums category; Any specific scenarios demonstrating the contrast been Ti and Te?...

  1. #1

    Ti vs Te examples

    Any specific scenarios demonstrating the contrast been Ti and Te?
    Moo Rice thanked this post.



  2. #2

    I'm sorry I don't have any specific exemples to give you right now, but I'd say it's something like:


    Te: "How functional/useful this thing is for the momentary situation? How would this be best applied right now?"

    Ti: "How functional/useful this thing is in general? How would this be best applied in any situation?"
    Last edited by Moo Rice; 06-01-2018 at 06:55 PM. Reason: forgot a word

  3. #3

    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Rice View Post
    I'm sorry I don't have any specific exemples to give you right now, but I'd say it's something like:


    Te: "How functional/useful this thing is for the momentary situation? How would this be applied right now?"

    Ti: "How functional/useful this thing is in general? How would this be applied in any situation?"
    Thanks for adding to my dichotomies nightmares. Now i gotta observe what i do more of those.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4

    Quote Originally Posted by SirCanSir View Post
    Thanks for adding to my dichotomies nightmares. Now i gotta observe what i do more of those.
    You're welcome! lol

  6. #5

    Te: I follow the rules of the road because it makes sense. Left lanes move faster, and preferably for passing only. Speed limits not only allow for easy merging and allow time for people to make turns, 50-60 limits is a more efficient speed to go and still be saving gas. Stop signs and traffic lights, timed correctly, work like clockwork. Adjusting following distance according to weather and traffic conditions is an underappreciated key to driving.

    Ti: I have to follow the rules of the road because other people don't make sense. Brake lights mean slow down, empty roads mean speed up - driving really isn't that different from walking down a sidewalk. Why waste gas sitting at an empty intersection, waiting for a light to change? Driving slow causes more accidents than driving fast. Following traffic rules is no guarantee of safety, sifting my environment and predicting others' actions is.
    Moo Rice, PiT and Kizuna thanked this post.

  7. #6

    Ti - Why don't you just look deeply first?

    Te - Why don't you just get it done?

    or on the flip side

    Ti - Why can't you just do it this way, it is much more effective and accurate!

    Te - Shouldn't we look deeply on how to utilise it first?
    Moo Rice thanked this post.

  8. #7

    Te - Instruction manual's are great !

    Ti - What's a instruction manual?
    Moo Rice and Kizuna thanked this post.

  9. #8
    ISTP

    So in lifting we have these things called cues, which help the lifter to remember the proper positions to get in to be at their strongest. An example is "try to bend the bar around your back" on a low bar squat. This is a Ti way of seeing it. The Te explanation is that if your back is tight you can support more weight and keep your chest up. I absolutely can't lift without the proper cues. Ti understands, Te is.

  10. #9
    INTJ

    Quote Originally Posted by great_pudgy_owl View Post
    Te: I follow the rules of the road because it makes sense. Left lanes move faster, and preferably for passing only. Speed limits not only allow for easy merging and allow time for people to make turns, 50-60 limits is a more efficient speed to go and still be saving gas. Stop signs and traffic lights, timed correctly, work like clockwork. Adjusting following distance according to weather and traffic conditions is an underappreciated key to driving.

    Ti: I have to follow the rules of the road because other people don't make sense. Brake lights mean slow down, empty roads mean speed up - driving really isn't that different from walking down a sidewalk. Why waste gas sitting at an empty intersection, waiting for a light to change? Driving slow causes more accidents than driving fast. Following traffic rules is no guarantee of safety, sifting my environment and predicting others' actions is.
    I really like this post to illustrate the difference. Ti emphasizes logical order while Te emphasizes practical efficiency. The two often intertwine, which is why I like to look at what sorts of arguments someone responds to to differentiate this. It is easier to hear an argument that is distinctly "Ti" or "Te" and decide which one you find more persuasive than it is to decide which between the two you tend to employ of your own volition.
    Kizuna and great_pudgy_owl thanked this post.

  11. #10

    Somewhat specialized case, but whatever:

    Te: "Wake up, it's almost noon (it's actually just past 10 am or sth)!! The sun is up, the day has begun, how can you be wasting your time just sleeping your life away!!? [Getting up early is the thing to do, that's the way the world works.]"

    --> Sleeping and waking "procedures" (among many others) have to be regulated and standardized, as in "ALWAYS go to sleep before midnight", "always turn off the TV at 11pm", "always wake up around 9am", always this always that]

    Ti: [Well it DEPENDS!!]--> A million variables to be considered that change the whole picture and make the decision making more fluid, adaptive and, well, situational. What is the most energy-saving, efficient and logical thing to do today, in this situation, is not applicable to every day and all similar situations, etc.
    great_pudgy_owl thanked this post.


     
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. REAl LIFE examples of Te vs Ti?
    By Navid in forum Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-16-2018, 02:05 AM
  2. Ti vs Te/Si vs Se: Examples please?
    By vhaydenlv in forum Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-30-2017, 04:03 PM
  3. Can You Give Easy, Real Life Examples Of Ti vs Te?
    By WintersFlame in forum Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 04-08-2017, 11:22 AM
  4. Ti PoLR / Te HA vs. Te PoLR / Ti HA
    By Gossip Goat in forum Socionics Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-17-2016, 06:36 PM
  5. ti vs te examples?
    By idklol in forum Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-20-2014, 12:57 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:43 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0