Your most frequent mistype and your explanation for that - Page 2

Your most frequent mistype and your explanation for that

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42
Thank Tree14Thanks

This is a discussion on Your most frequent mistype and your explanation for that within the Cognitive Functions forums, part of the Personality Type Forums category; Originally Posted by knifey oh... I never even thought anybody would consider wondering what other people would type them as. ...

  1. #11
    ISTP

    Quote Originally Posted by knifey View Post
    oh... I never even thought anybody would consider wondering what other people would type them as. I don't think about what other people think... INTJ's are constantly wondering what people are thinking about them though lol. Why do you think you "type/test" as an xNTJ?

    Anybody wondering what the difference is between Te and Ti should watch this

    as if you just understand it a bit... they are not similar.
    I score very high in Te and Ti they're usually my top two, however all 7 cognitive functions besides Fi are usually around the same with Ti and Te slightly higher. When observe my thought patterns its really apparent that I'm Ti dom, and actually I am annoyed to death by Te driven thought most of the time. Because my Fi is so low, I think how other people view me would be a good thing to know because it would in a way help make up for my own lack of introspection. Obviously though, since everyone is biased, I would need a rather large sample size. My thinking is, no one sees the complete picture, not you or anyone else, of who you really are.

  2. #12

    Most frequent mistype: INTP

    Reason: poor design of questionnaires, which determine E vs I based pretty much solely on how much you like to talk to people and go to parties. Poor self assessment of Fe due to questions not being phrased correctly.

    Second mistype (not frequent) but mostly in tests assessing cognitive functions: INFP

    Reason: Over estimation of Fi due to a free interpretation of the concept of "values". Relating values to ideas per se instead of ideas subjected to an inner sense of right and wrong, confusing values with intuition or senseless "premonition".

  3. #13

    Quote Originally Posted by soop View Post
    I score very high in Te and Ti
    tests are pretty bad at determining if you use Te. like it says in the video, Te goes on "who agrees the most" and not "what makes the most sense". They are not similar ways of thinking...

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14

    Mistyped as INFP recently. Or is it a mistype? Maybe INTP is the mistype!?
    I did so much reading on both types, but i still cant tell.

  6. #15

    ISTJ. Because there are times where I donít full embrace my Fe and rely too much on Si and Ti. Also, because I have good mathematical and logical intelligence and thinkers tend to be more gifted at that. In addition, cause Iím an Accounting Major and thatís more common with ISTJs than ISFJs. But reading the cognitive functions I donít relate to Te at all. Also, INFP if Iím in a more creative or Ne mode.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #16

    Quote Originally Posted by knifey View Post
    Anybody wondering what the difference is between Te and Ti should watch this

    as if you just understand it a bit... they are not similar.
    Whatever is being talked here, there's always Jung's own description, which is most correct one to the date. Ti/Te are similar and are exactly the same in terms of thinking itself, the difference lies in where it is directed to judge, external data or your own state.


    Edit:
    Watched video, fails:
    said that ISTJs are walking libraries - false
    implied that Feeling functions aren't rational - false
    said that majority matters more to extraversion, not individual issues - false
    says that Thinking is more beliefs rather than true - questionable about what he judged himself in this case, but looks like false
    Te = surround of smart people - false
    Te must feel smart - false
    Trump isn't ESTP for him - false, Trump has some real Fe, but isn't Fe dom or aux, ESTP is right, possibly ISTP

    Conclusion - dude doesn't really know what he is talking about and certainly barely knows anything about Jungian typology.
    Last edited by The red spirit; 07-02-2018 at 01:09 PM.

  8. #17

    Most frequent mistype: INTJ

    Explanation: Most likely my socionics being a very close race between LII and ILI (which just beats out LII by a hair or vice versa depending on the test). Something about the way I think is a bit of a hybrid between the two types, so it makes sense that I'll sometimes get mistyped as INTJ on certain tests: The questions and number therein make a big difference on what result I get, as one would expect. I suspect I turned out this way by necessity; probably a deep-seated desire to widen the range and depth of my cognitive abilities to compensate for areas in which I am more lacking.

  9. #18

    Quote Originally Posted by The red spirit View Post
    Conclusion - dude doesn't really know what he is talking about and certainly barely knows anything about Jungian typology.
    You say something is false, yet provide no examples of why. How do you expect anybody to respect your opinion when it's seemingly based on nothing?

  10. #19

    Quote Originally Posted by knifey View Post
    You say something is false, yet provide no examples of why. How do you expect anybody to respect your opinion when it's seemingly based on nothing?
    Read Jung and you will see how everything should be. Why should anyone believe random guy in the with no proof of where he is getting his knowledge from?

    You may not answer that question and it's totally fine. The only thing you should is to read Jung. I would be basically rewriting that book to answer your question.

  11. #20

    Quote Originally Posted by The red spirit View Post
    Read Jung and you will see how everything should be. Why should anyone believe random guy in the with no proof of where he is getting his knowledge from?

    You may not answer that question and it's totally fine. The only thing you should is to read Jung. I would be basically rewriting that book to answer your question.
    If you can't summarize something then you don't understand it. Why would I take reading recommendations from somebody who doesn't understand the book they're recommending? lol...


Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Enneagram Type 4] Do 4's mistype as 6's and do 6's mistype as 4's
    By desecrationsmile in forum Type 4 Forum - The Individualist
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-20-2015, 09:17 PM
  2. What are your most frequent emotions?
    By redspades in forum Myers Briggs Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-22-2015, 12:48 AM
  3. What is your most frequent sleeping position?
    By Leeoflittlefaith in forum Member Polls
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 10:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:28 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0