Your most frequent mistype and your explanation for that - Page 3

Your most frequent mistype and your explanation for that

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42
Thank Tree14Thanks

This is a discussion on Your most frequent mistype and your explanation for that within the Cognitive Functions forums, part of the Personality Type Forums category; Regarding Joseph. This guy thinks that Ne is about knowing what people want and Ni is about knowing what I ...

  1. #21
    Unknown

    Regarding Joseph.
    This guy thinks that Ne is about knowing what people want and Ni is about knowing what I want ... He portrait SJs as mindless drones who have no idea what they want in life(because Ni is on 7th or 8th) and live to just listen to others orders ....
    His ENFP video is also very weird ....
    His typing video is hilarious : "you can type anyone within 10 seconds with 100% accuracy just using my table"

    Regarding original topic. I am not aware if i am mistyped. Whenever i attempt retyping i always come back to ISTJ
    Last edited by Elwinz; 07-03-2018 at 07:03 AM.
    Paradigm and Santa Gloss thanked this post.

  2. #22

    Quote Originally Posted by knifey View Post
    If you can't summarize something then you don't understand it. Why would I take reading recommendations from somebody who doesn't understand the book they're recommending? lol...
    Summarize what? You talk nonsense. I summarized that in conclusion. Dude doesn't know what he is talking about. You don't need summary, you need details and what I dislike is how quick some people are to disrespect what people are saying with "oh you must prove me". Jeez, I learned everything I know without doing such crap. Anyway, here you go:
    said that ISTJs are walking libraries
    There's no such function responsible for that and it's only his limited assumption


    implied that Feeling functions aren't rational
    They are rational and feeling, that's how Jung described them. Rationale based on feeling or so. I know that introverted Feeling just feels selectively, bases judgement on inner processing.



    said that majority matters more to extraversion, not individual issues
    Extraverts perfectly fine work with small issues and even single people. They aren't dysfunctional. Jung's theory is just a frame of cognition, details don't matter as core things remain in any situation the same.


    says that Thinking is more beliefs rather than true
    Never ever. It's about drawing most logical conclusions, beliefs maybe be F stuff or something else completely.



    Te = surround of smart people
    Totally not needed, they can, but it's not rule and rarely happens. It's incorrect as there's no need to do that. False understanding of theory.


    Te must feel smart
    Te is not about feeling at all. It's exactly like Ti judges and finds truth. There's also not such thing as 'must' feel as people are wildly different from each other, even of same type. This can be linked to Feeling functions, but not always, sometimes that "feel" is about perceptions too, so it's hard to say.



    Trump isn't ESTP for him
    false, Trump has some real Fe, but isn't Fe dom or aux, ESTP is right, possibly ISTP

  3. #23

    Quote Originally Posted by The red spirit View Post
    Summarize what? You talk nonsense. I summarized that in conclusion. Dude doesn't know what he is talking about. You don't need summary, you need details and what I dislike is how quick some people are to disrespect what people are saying with "oh you must prove me".
    You don't have to prove anything to me. There is a difference between proving something and showing you have some reason for what you say.... seriously, big difference.

    implied that Feeling functions aren't rational
    They are rational and feeling, that's how Jung described them. Rationale based on feeling or so. I know that introverted Feeling just feels selectively, bases judgement on inner processing.



    said that majority matters more to extraversion, not individual issues
    Extraverts perfectly fine work with small issues and even single people. They aren't dysfunctional. Jung's theory is just a frame of cognition, details don't matter as core things remain in any situation the same.


    says that Thinking is more beliefs rather than true
    Never ever. It's about drawing most logical conclusions, beliefs maybe be F stuff or something else completely.



    Te = surround of smart people
    Totally not needed, they can, but it's not rule and rarely happens. It's incorrect as there's no need to do that. False understanding of theory.


    Te must feel smart
    Te is not about feeling at all. It's exactly like Ti judges and finds truth. There's also not such thing as 'must' feel as people are wildly different from each other, even of same type. This can be linked to Feeling functions, but not always, sometimes that "feel" is about perceptions too, so it's hard to say.
    all this proves to me is you don't understand what he means by what he says in the video. As a Ti I must "feel" like I'm evaluating all the information without bias and giving it as much consideration as it deserves. Are feelings involved? No. Is it true? Of course. at this point I think your biggest issue is with the english language.

    Also just because you feel like something should happen, just because you are driven to do something, does not mean it happens or is likely to happen. When we are talking about personality type it's about what we feel driven to do, and not what we do. When he says Te is a library he's not saying that Te even has a lot of information, he's talking about how Te stores information or that they do store information. I have definitely seen this in every Te I know, they collect information and judge how smart they are by how much information they have accumulated. I judge how smart I am by my ability to figure something out, I would never accept something because the majority thinks it's true or somebody smarter than me thinks it's true. This is what the video says and I've never seen it to be false.

    You still didn't really give a single example to back up anything you said, so it still seems like your opinions you "explained" are really still based in nothing.

    says that Thinking is more beliefs rather than true
    Never ever. It's about drawing most logical conclusions
    One does not negate the other.

    You draw the most logical conclusion based on what you believe is most likely true. Ti does not do this, they figure it out until they know. This is what makes Te's "logical conclusion" a belief, because it's a guess. They have no power to actually discern truth, it's always a guess. Maybe they have enough information to make a guess that's extremely accurate and beyond question. Irrelevant, it's still a guess.
    Last edited by knifey; 07-03-2018 at 08:17 PM.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24

    Quote Originally Posted by knifey View Post
    You don't have to prove anything to me. There is a difference between proving something and showing you have some reason for what you say.... seriously, big difference.
    That's exactly the same.

    Showing some reason is at some point semi-conscious effect of having proved something, at least reasonable enough to be believed into. Which is effectively proving, just without negative drama and is based on mutual acceptance.


    Quote Originally Posted by knifey View Post
    all this proves to me is you don't understand what he means by what he says in the video. As a Ti I must "feel" like I'm evaluating all the information without bias and giving it as much consideration as it deserves. Are feelings involved? No. Is it true? Of course.
    Why do you have to "feel"? This doesn't make any sense. Ti is doing "global rationale" (it means just being rational in general sense, sorry my own made up term). From itself to itself. It is outside of known rationale (extraverted). It is subjective in thinking, but that doesn't make it wrong. It is right, but it doesn't extravert. It is essentially ignoring outer judgment information and does that judgment based on what makes sense to person. Fi user is also "global rationale", but how it does so is different. Unlike Ti, it by itself sees information and does selection of some things that one can feel or not feel. This is subjective and by itself isn't logical, but that doesn't make person instantly wrong. This selection of "what feels" is ordered inside and managed by "global rationale". So that 'feeler' is rather rational, ordered, consistent in what one feels. Ti is exactly the same, but it doesn't feel, it has to stay 'logical', but otherwise functions very similarly to Fi. Jungian 'feeling' is what one could expect, it's by itself far more rationalized, made to sound like it makes sense (it really does, poor wording here). Nowadays 'feeling' may mean something like happiness, love, horror or etc. Common understanding of 'feeling' is more emotional, soulish, mixed with beliefs, drama, personal stories and other things. Jung made theory from his almost 20 year experience with various patients, people, psychologist and he cared about 'hidden' or subconscious cognition, something that operates on level that can't be overly rationalized, we just work based on it. We just function due to it. Not sure if he intended that, but his theory is highly independent of how skillful person is in controlling himself, how skillful person is in being introvert, extravert or how smart person is. He didn't care if person was poor, rich, successful or total failure, he wanted to discover and share common operational elements of human cognition, which is highly independent of behaviour (but behaviour is highly dependent on cognition's products) and other already mentioned things. He first and foremost before typology like that saw most visible humanistic difference of introversion and extraversion, but later noticed that those two have their own types, which were hard at first to notice as those functions or elements were interconnected, mixed in people and were very variable, so he had difficulties, but later he dissected those as much as he could and we know 8 cognitive functions. Just that most people aren't 'pure' types, most of us are mixed. Minorities are either very clear dominating function people only (they dominant function is biggest part of their cognition, highly inbalanced) and very cognitively mixed people (people with their functions highly mixed, extremely balanced). Majority of us are in between those two extremes. Jung himself gave a start to function order or what today is known as function stack or model. He himself gave some details how it should look like, but he himself never really cared much about it and never made it as detailed as Harold Grant or Aušra Augustinavičiūtė did. Very likely he saw cognition as scattered, a bit wild and just didn't want to make not so precise speculations of 'string' type or 'serial type' models, which are something like that a>b>c. Neurologists now suggest that our brains are mostly similar to single core processor with very high parallelization, meaning that personality may be too "parallel" instead of "serial". Meaning that information is being processed not in series, but side by side in parallels. Model A for example is semi-parallel model. It states that we processes information unequally, but in parallel mode. So inbuilt psyche is unfair (serial in what is valued) and at the same time parallel in procession. This happens at unconscious level, only as Jung said favoured or 1st function is conscious and helping function (2nd) is semi-conscious. So our humanistic processor core has part of conscious controlling abilities to make processing unequal (prioritized). Also we must know that Jung said that main function is of highest importance and other functions are only good as they don't oppose main one and basically all functions are "helping" in order to maintain main function that defines a type being type. Main reason why we can't be totally fair or equal in cognitive functionality is that opposing attitudes will just fight with themselves and we as humans will be extremely conflicted inside to the point of humanistic dysfunction or being constantly damaged by our 'evenness', so we are precoded to be types, therefore something is already built in to have 'preference', which unlike popular definition isn't chosen by us and we have no control of it. It is just given. Reasons for the given are unknown to me, but I think it's just how genetic evolution made us to work in order to survive. This may suggest that we may be very different from animal cognitive functioning, but since we sorta understand that animals operate similarly to us and we came from animals, I think animals are similar to us, but have more basic cognition, thinking and other psychological functioning. Therefore potentially having cut down 'cognitive functions', which Jung wrote about.


    Are you satisfied now?

    That video said almost nothing of such stuff and gave lots of details to suggest me that he only knowns typology on stereotypical level, mixed by some real stuff, which is in conclusion inaccurate, skewed.




    Quote Originally Posted by knifey View Post
    at this point I think your biggest issue is with the english language.
    Think what you want, I just got exam results, I aced that exam, got perfect score of 100. Level B2. In practical scenarios I don't feel like having any biog problems apart from sometimes insufficient advanced vocabulary skills. I can speak and operate exactly the same with English as with my native language, but here's one thing missing. It's the feel, not that I don't English, but I just feel like it's "other", not native.




    Quote Originally Posted by knifey View Post
    Also just because you feel like something should happen, just because you are driven to do something, does not mean it happens or is likely to happen. When we are talking about personality type it's about what we feel driven to do, and not what we do. When he says Te is a library he's not saying that Te even has a lot of information, he's talking about how Te stores information or that they do store information. I have definitely seen this in every Te I know, they collect information and judge how smart they are by how much information they have accumulated.
    Not exactly like that, but...oh well...

    He excluded ISTJ, meanwhile called INTJ mastermind. He said that ISTJ is walking library, which is highly wrong if associated with Si function, it may be Te as you say, but you say it's information and maybe judged. Ok, but if we move to how INTJ type was about future, it certainly becomes clear that he knows nothing and stereotypically judged Ni and Si. Come one, it was obvious and he certainly was barely able to explain all (maybe camera shy or slower type) what he mean, suggesting that he may have just swallowed that information and tried to 'enlighten' us. He may have been just a different type in how he explains information, but if I know next to nothing, I tend to be unclear, unspecific, stuttering in telling, repeating some things in general feeling emptiness of my mind, but when I know I just spill the beans, I keep talking, I know stuff, I just 'go into zone' of explaining stuff and my telling type then becomes very serial (cause and effect strings) in parallely happened or happening things. He didn't really look like he was very confident, knowledgeable. Also kept touching car knobs and stuff instead of trying to be on point. It felt a bit distant from viewer, maybe a bit distant even from himself. It was just too hard to watch that. Overall both content was disappointing and presentation too. That's low quality stuff. Doing just for doing it. No feeling, no soul, nothing, emptiness.


    Quote Originally Posted by knifey View Post
    I judge how smart I am by my ability to figure something out, I would never accept something because the majority thinks it's true or somebody smarter than me thinks it's true. This is what the video says and I've never seen it to be false.
    I'm ISFP and I'm more with your 'way'. Sorry, but it's more thing of thinking abilities to distinguish something like that and therefore what you call as never to be false, you may have been calling something else as Ti and Te. This is major failure, which can be fixed by fitting state of mind and right attitude. Certainly not with rejection to suggestion, that's just cold and ignorant.


    Quote Originally Posted by knifey View Post
    You still didn't really give a single example to back up anything you said, so it still seems like your opinions you "explained" are really still based in nothing.
    That's just because you don't see explanations, which are all over the place and I want people have that "inner desire" to break apart, investigate what other people mean to aknowledge message sent. This is a pretty great engine into road of understanding things by yourself and not being toxic, rejectful only to find world bad.



    Quote Originally Posted by knifey View Post
    You draw the most logical conclusion based on what you believe is most likely true. Ti does not do this, they figure it out until they know. This is what makes Te's "logical conclusion" a belief, because it's a guess. They have no power to actually discern truth, it's always a guess. Maybe they have enough information to make a guess that's extremely accurate and beyond question. Irrelevant, it's still a guess.
    *facepalm*

    You can only believe such things if you believe in some sort of existentialism, absolute of some things thing and have very personal philosophy that everything never ever can be logical. Otherwise this is a major misunderstanding on your side. You may believe that logic doesn't exist or that it's a guesswork or whatever, but then you just can't expect your theories, beliefs to work in general understanding and what was defined before you. You are effectively secluding yourself from everything, not by this, but bit by a bit, further and further away. It almost sounds like a death. I always found such things to be scary.
    Last edited by The red spirit; 07-03-2018 at 10:49 PM.

  6. #25
    Unknown

    INTJ and INTP.

    INTJ: I'm a nerd, i like to analyze situations and people, create contingency plans, and i'm a little to immerse on my own thoughts sometimes (what makes me look detached from my physical environment). Collegues and family see me as this.

    INTP: People with whom i interact intellectually see me as this. I frequently create my own theories about subjects, based on observation and guessing possibilities. I like to see how small things have power on the big picture (like in the butterfly effect).

  7. #26

    Usually mistype as INTP
    Jawz thanked this post.

  8. #27
    INFP

    When I first got introduced to mbti, I was typed as an INTP, because of the false stereotype that scientists are Ts. Quickly realzed I was an INFP when I went more in depth into mbti. People might confuse me for an ENFP sometimes as I try to be outgoing and social in most social settings, but that's just an effort I make.
    Paradigm thanked this post.

  9. #28

    Probably INFJ and ISFP. My actions are mostly people-oriented and I try not to hurt anyone and my persona is very chameleon-like (pointed out by my ENxP friend), but I guess this is just an individual characteristic. INFPs are presented as idealists that are very concerned with the world in general. I don't consider myself one, mainly because I try to be as analytical (in relationships, in science and work I seem to be pretty uninterested) and impersonal as possible (Ni or even Ti?). My primary 'goal' seems to be to get beneath the human mind and figure out how it works and apply it to my writings and in my personal relationships (here goes Fi probably). Though my mood can suddenly change with meeting someone, I am very uncomfortable around people and I am afraid what I say may not be to their likings. Also when someone cries I try to be as supportive as I can but to be honest I don't know what to do and I feel lost. I am preoccupied with intepretating body language (Se/Ni?), which simply suggests ISFP. Hmm, seems reasonable. Then again I am very dreamy and tent to space of in the middle of the conversation because a sentence or a word provoked something in me and I start to create a vision or something like that. I am usually not dreaming of something out ot this world (magical creatures and stuff), but more practical stuff (what it might be 10 years later). So, to be honest I have no idea (maybe ISFP is not a bad guess after all), I have surely mistyped several times, and I don't know anything about my type. What confuses me is most of my favorite artists are mostly ISFP and INFJ, and the INFPs I usually admire and like very much, but not as much as the ISFPs and INFJs. MBTI, why u do this to me? (just rhymed).

    Sorry for the long and probably inconsistent post, sleep depravity and tiredness have taken effect on me.

  10. #29
    ENFP


    I've mistyped as a lot of things, but I ended up settling on INTP 9w1/6w5 for too long. Looking at extroversion vs introversion, I've been told by various people that I am "the stereotypical introvert." I score no higher than 15 of 100 on any I vs E tests, feel no desire to interact with others unless it's become habitual, lack expressiveness, and have a rather low threshold for stimulus. The thing that cued me into the fact that I was extroverted is that I have a crap ton of energy, am excessively energized by positive human interaction, and have been notified that I likely have a sensory disorder of some sort, hense the low stimulus threshold. Fi vs Ti was a hard one, as I'm pretty systems oriented. I mostly differentiated that one with the idea of low Te in the sense that my thought process isn't very linear and I've pretty much oriented my entire life and self esteem around meeting my goals and grades. For ENFP and INFP, I seem to have more access to my Te than my Si and even Fi, as I lack the INFP sentimentality and struggle to be subjective in the sense of understanding or caring about values and personal desires. Also I'm pretty emotionally flat.

    As for enneagram, it's really funny how much I idealized peacefulness when I'm a lot more aggressive and self righteous in nature than I'll ever knowledge willingly. 6 vs 1 goes back to the fact that I literally couldn't type myself out of fear of being wrong and not finding that "perfect fix."
    Last edited by Krayfish; 07-04-2018 at 08:17 PM.
    Paradigm thanked this post.

  11. #30
    Unknown

    Almost all of the types within the Se-Fe-Ni Gambit of cog functions. Worst mistype was thinking I'm an INFJ and then ENFJ. That was the one that most people saw in me the most before I got myself banned and got the opportunity to actually live my life outside of PerC which allowed me to come to new realization about myself outside of the echo chamber. I was pretty much all Fe when I was here first time around. But towards the end of my time here as my mental health improved, I had already stopped relating to the ENFJ's and was considering ENTP. That didn't last long either.

    Explanation? I picked the type that was closest to INFJ, but the extroverted version and ran with it. Then others just continued to validate it and pigeonholed me into that type so I never bothered to give other types a chance.

    Se-dominance was something I only considered after I spent the last 4 years living without even thinking about typology and therefore recognized the patterns of behavior much more easily than I was seeing while I was experiencing tunnel-vision on this site around 2011-2012.
    Last edited by Jawz; 07-05-2018 at 07:11 PM.


     
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Enneagram Type 4] Do 4's mistype as 6's and do 6's mistype as 4's
    By desecrationsmile in forum Type 4 Forum - The Individualist
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-20-2015, 09:17 PM
  2. What are your most frequent emotions?
    By redspades in forum Myers Briggs Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-22-2015, 12:48 AM
  3. What is your most frequent sleeping position?
    By Leeoflittlefaith in forum Member Polls
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 10:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:57 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0