Fi and Ni need to be defined better - Page 11

Fi and Ni need to be defined better

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 459
Thank Tree93Thanks

This is a discussion on Fi and Ni need to be defined better within the Cognitive Functions forums, part of the Personality Type Forums category; Originally Posted by Casus Belli No. Once again, the MBTI is theoretical, the Big 5 empirical. The MBTI questionnaire is ...

  1. #101

    Quote Originally Posted by Casus Belli View Post
    No.

    Once again, the MBTI is theoretical, the Big 5 empirical. The MBTI questionnaire is based on a theory. And this theory includes that your type does not change. He is evolving. Different results mean that you do not know yourself correctly.

    Yes it is dogmatic, it is unfair, but it's the theory.
    That’s not correct at all. The MBTI is literally a questionnaire. The MBTI type is literally the result of a questionnaire.

  2. #102

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidGH View Post
    That’s not correct at all. The MBTI is literally a questionnaire. The MBTI type is literally the result of a questionnaire.

    The MBTI® assessment makes Carl Jung’s theory of psychological type both understandable and highly practical by helping individuals identify their preferences in four areas (see graphic below).



    https://asia.themyersbriggs.com/instruments/mbti/


    So theorical. Because... Jung considered the type as unchangeable. But is evolving. If you get different results, the MBTI considers this as an imprecision. Your reasoning is a personal reasoning, not the official reasoning.

    Second, the MBTI is not just a questionnaire. It is also ideally an interview with a practitioner to eliminating inconsistencies as much as possible.


    Last edited by Casus Belli; 09-05-2019 at 11:43 AM.

  3. #103

    I'm pretty done with this conversation tbh. If you're going to say different MBTI results are because you don't know yourself enough or aren't being honest then fine.

    People obviously don't behave the same way throughout all their life towards any person. You're different with your friends than you are at work for example. This is the type of "change" i'm referring to. But if you dont have any friends or a job i guess its hard to tell ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #104

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bunny View Post
    I'm pretty done with this conversation tbh. If you're going to say different MBTI results are because you don't know yourself enough or aren't being honest then fine.

    People obviously don't behave the same way throughout all their life towards any person. You're different with your friends than you are at work for example. This is the type of "change" i'm referring to. But if you dont have any friends or a job i guess its hard to tell ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    The MBTI is about a deep trend... Obviously your relationship to others is slightly fluctuating depending on the context or the nature of the relationship...

    I had a job when you were still a child ... But if you really are INTJ, you will seek independence first. And friends after.
    Last edited by Casus Belli; 09-05-2019 at 12:15 PM.

  6. #105

    Quote Originally Posted by Casus Belli View Post
    The MBTI® assessment makes Carl Jung’s theory of psychological type both understandable and highly practical by helping individuals identify their preferences in four areas (see graphic below).
    That doesn’t support your claim at all. You’re stating that MBTI is something that it is not.


    https://asia.themyersbriggs.com/instruments/mbti/

    So theorical. Because... Jung considered the type as unchangeable. But is evolving. If you get different results, the MBTI considers this as an imprecision. Your reasoning is a personal reasoning, not the official reasoning.
    I’m not using a reasoning at all. You’re using a personal reasoning.

    The theory behind the creation of the MBTI doesn’t change what the MBTI is. You’re stating false information.

    Second, the MBTI is not just a questionnaire. It is also ideally an interview with a practitioner to eliminating inconsistencies as much as possible.
    It usually entails a practitioner discussing the results with the individual to verify that individual agrees with the results, as well as offer alternative plausible types for the individual to consider.

    The Myers–Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is an introspective self-report questionnaire with the purpose of indicating differing psychological preferences in how people perceive the world around them and make decisions.
    Source: Wikipedia.

    That’s a definition. You can tell it’s a definition because of the word “is” not being followed by a participle. “The MBTI is based upon the theories of Jung and upon cognitive functions” is not a definition of anything, let alone a definition of MBTI.

  7. #106

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bunny View Post
    I'm pretty done with this conversation tbh. If you're going to say different MBTI results are because you don't know yourself enough or aren't being honest then fine.

    People obviously don't behave the same way throughout all their life towards any person. You're different with your friends than you are at work for example. This is the type of "change" i'm referring to. But if you dont have any friends or a job i guess its hard to tell ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Casus Belli View Post
    The MBTI is about a deep trend... Obviously your relationship to others is slightly fluctuating depending on the context or the nature of the relationship...
    Are y’all talking about autistic people or something?

  8. #107

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidGH View Post

    Source: Wikipedia.

    You seem to enjoy sterile discussions around wikipedia definitions. Not me. Obviously you are not a boring ENTP. It is a complete coincidence if your intellectual stimulation is boosted by an anarchic debate with imprecise outlines.

  9. #108

    Quote Originally Posted by Casus Belli View Post
    You seem to enjoy sterile discussions around wikipedia definitions. Not me. Obviously you are not a boring ENTP. It is a complete coincidence if your intellectual stimulation is boosted by an anarchic debate with imprecise outlines.
    You’ve yet to even supply a definition, let alone an accurate one.

    You do understand the difference between what someone purports and what is fact, correct? If you supply a link or a quote of someone purporting that a theory is valid, then the only fact that you have supplied is that someone factually stated that they believe a theory to be valid.

  10. #109
    INFP

    Michael Pierce has a good video about Ni on YouTube. Essentially it's a bucket in your mind, subconsciously collecting all kinds of data and creating a soup out of it, the user doesn't know they've been collecting this data until it clicks together some how and provides them insight into something or an "ahha moment".

    I find it's easier to understand Ni when contrasted with Ne. Ne does not collect data and synthesize it, it sees data and thinks of one thing then another thEn another, associating the data with other unrelated data.

    Ni is interested in archetypes. "The hero with 1000 faces" "Man and his symbols" Ne is interested in alternatives " Pizza, Hawaiian Pizza, Korean Pizza, Vietnamese Pizza." Ni works on source material, Ne troubleshoots source material.


    As far as Fi goes, if everybody smokes cigarettes and think it's cool and some kid says " I think smoking cigarettes is bad." That's Fi. Now it's easy to see why someone would think that because you know smoking has objective affects on you health, but if you think "everybody thinks smoking is bad." That's Fe, not personally looking at what you think is good or bad but looking at what is deemed good or bad commonly among people.
    Last edited by L P; 09-05-2019 at 01:01 PM.

  11. #110

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    Michael Pierce has a good video about Ni on YouTube. Essentially it's a bucket in your mind, subconsciously collecting all kinds of data and creating a soup out of it, the user doesn't know they've been collecting this data until it clicks together some how and provides them insight into something or an "ahha moment".

    I find it's easier to understand Ni when contrasted with Ne. Ne does not collect data and synthesize it, it sees data and thinks of one thing then another thEn another, associating the data with other unrelated data.

    Ni is interested in archetypes. "The hero with 1000 faces" "Man and his symbols" Ne is interested in alternatives " Pizza, Hawaiian Pizza, Korean Pizza, Vietnamese Pizza." Ni works on source material, Ne troubleshoots source material.


    As far as Fi goes, if everybody smokes cigarettes and think it's cool and some kid says " I think smoking cigarettes is bad." That's Fi. Now it's easy to see why someone would think that because you know smoking has objective affects on you health, but if you think "everybody thinks smoking is bad." That's Fe, not personally looking at what you think is good or bad but looking at what is deemed good or bad commonly among people.
    Ni in Socionics is basically Episodic Memory. That definition you supplied sounds similar.

    So Fe is Populist, and Fi is what? Elitism?


     
Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Feeling like you have to be more judgy to be taken seriously (Ne)
    By Saiyed En Sabah Nur in forum Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-13-2019, 03:48 PM
  2. [ESTP] To be or not to be ESTP?
    By xVladdy in forum ESTP Forum - The Doers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-27-2018, 03:32 PM
  3. [ENFJ] To Be or Not to be that is the question!
    By Thought Dr in forum ENFJ Forum - The Givers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-03-2018, 09:34 AM
  4. Is it necessary to be comfortable with one's type in order to be that type?
    By Sven The Returned in forum Myers Briggs Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-19-2018, 09:27 PM
  5. just want to be judged by a keen eye (to be a bit more certain)
    By PlasticRenaissance in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-24-2018, 11:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:39 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0