Abnormally Hight Ti in an ENTJ?

Abnormally Hight Ti in an ENTJ?

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37
Thank Tree58Thanks

This is a discussion on Abnormally Hight Ti in an ENTJ? within the Cognitive Functions forums, part of the Personality Type Forums category; Here are my cognitive function scores: Extroverted Thinking (Te) ||||||||||||||||||||||||| 11.62 Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||||||||||||||||| 9.925 Introverted Thinking (Ti) ||||||||||||||||||||| ...

  1. #1
    ENTJ - The Executives

    Abnormally Hight Ti in an ENTJ?

    Here are my cognitive function scores:

    Extroverted Thinking (Te) ||||||||||||||||||||||||| 11.62
    Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||||||||||||||||| 9.925
    Introverted Thinking (Ti) ||||||||||||||||||||| 9.89
    Extroverted Intuition (Ne) ||||||||||||||||| 7.69
    Introverted Sensation (Si) |||||||||||||| 6.47
    Extroverted Sensation (Se) ||||| 1.57
    Introverted Feeling (Fi) |||| 1.02
    Extroverted Feeling (Fe) ||| 0.98


    Notice anything strange? I'm an ENTJ. Every test I've taken has said so, and reading a description of ENTJ behavior is like reading a biography of myself..... except for the supposed aversion to detail. In high school, I was the head of the math team, and distinctly remember acing my first geometric proofs exam, a test that the rest of the class literally failed. In college, I drank the tears of my classmates in abstract algebra, and was transferred out of an Intro to Logic class by my professor because I "already knew it all".

    On the other hand, I'm very outgoing, presume authority in conversations, naturally assume leadership of groups, am driven primarily by my desire for power, and have to consciously fight against the notion that I'm always right.

    Is this at all common? Does it have something to do with IQ? Is it even appropriate for me to call myself an ENTJ?
    Nessie thanked this post.



  2. #2
    ENTP - The Visionaries

    Tests mean nothing. They indicate expression of functions, not preference. Even then, they're terrible because of the language they use, and the questions they ask. Only you can know what functions you use, and certainly don't delude yourself into thinking that because you're so smart, you get an extra function. -.-

    Here's mine:

    Your Cognitive Functions:
    Extroverted Intuition (Ne) |||||||||||||||||||| 9.38
    Extroverted Sensation (Se) |||||||||||||||| 7.17
    Introverted Thinking (Ti) ||||||||||||| 5.84
    Extroverted Thinking (Te) |||||||||||| 5.31
    Introverted Intuition (Ni) |||||||| 3.235
    Introverted Sensation (Si) |||||| 2.24
    Extroverted Feeling (Fe) |||| 1.38
    Introverted Feeling (Fi) ||| 0.62
    Do I actually use Se, Te, Ni, or Fi to this degree? No, I don't. The questions are just phishing for a yes or no sort of answer. An adept human typist would see the functional development, but the computer's just doing the best it can with multiple choice responses.

    Could you be a type other than ENTJ? Sure you could, that's up to you to figure out. The test just isn't the best way to judge that sort of thing.

  3. #3
    ISTJ - The Duty Fulfillers


    Same here except I'm an I;

    Boolean101, who is now retired, stated that Jung postulated Ni users can use Ti quite readily.

    Honestly, I don't get how the two are mutually exclusive, and I think these tests fail to differentiate.

    For example: "Do you take things apart to figure out how they work" which is a 'Ti' question
    For example: "Do you see how systems change with varying some of its parts" which is an Ni question

    How on Earth could you concieve of all possibilities in which he varying parts have on a system without at least somewhat taking it apart in your mind.

    I would ask; is the function more of a preference or servile?
    For example, do you take things apart for the fun of it or is it more to serve Ni?
    Arrogus thanked this post.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    ISTJ - The Duty Fulfillers


    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberbroccoli View Post
    Tests mean nothing. They indicate expression of functions, not preference. Even then, they're terrible because of the language they use, and the questions they ask. Only you can know what functions you use, and certainly don't delude yourself into thinking that because you're so smart, you get an extra function. -.-

    Here's mine:



    Do I actually use Se, Te, Ni, or Fi to this degree? No, I don't. The questions are just phishing for a yes or no sort of answer. An adept human typist would see the functional development, but the computer's just doing the best it can with multiple choice responses.
    I would say 'yeah you do' actually. You just use Se as a servile role for Ne. Ne needs to put things together so of course it needs to have knowledge of what it is that is there. You may not be as attune to the sheer nature of the beast as an Se dom would, but you are certainly using Se.

    Same with Te; I'm sure you have to linearize your thoughts to make sense to people. But again, it's a servile role rather than a preference.

    I think this is what's throwing people off here: "I have a high X for my X type". It's perfectly feasible for someone to use one function a lot in their daily lives:

    For example, if I threw you in a gladiator match to the death "Hunger Games" style, I bet your Se would shoot right above your Ne. But it wasn't your preferred mode of operation. Sociology and enviornment need to be taken into consideration.

  6. #5
    ENTP - The Visionaries

    For that matter, if you were to trust it, just a quick glance shows that the test would believe you to be an ENTJ
    Extroverted Thinking (Te) ||||||||||||||||||||||||| 11.62
    Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||||||||||||||||| 9.925
    Introverted Thinking (Ti) ||||||||||||||||||||| 9.89
    Extroverted Intuition (Ne) ||||||||||||||||| 7.69
    Introverted Sensation (Si) |||||||||||||| 6.47
    Extroverted Sensation (Se) ||||| 1.57
    Introverted Feeling (Fi) |||| 1.02
    Extroverted Feeling (Fe) ||| 0.98

    You've got Te - Ni as Dom - Aux , and you have Se - Fi down there in the inferior zone. Based on the information provided, you'd seem to me to be a pretty averagely developed ENTJ for ages 14-30~ .
    Nessie and Arrogus thanked this post.

  7. #6
    ENTP - The Visionaries

    Quote Originally Posted by FlightsOfFancy View Post
    I would say 'yeah you do' actually. You just use Se as a servile role for Ne. Ne needs to put things together so of course it needs to have knowledge of what it is that is there. You may not be as attune to the sheer nature of the beast as an Se dom would, but you are certainly using Se.

    Same with Te; I'm sure you have to linearize your thoughts to make sense to people. But again, it's a servile role rather than a preference.

    I think this is what's throwing people off here: "I have a high X for my X type". It's perfectly feasible for someone to use one function a lot in their daily lives:

    For example, if I threw you in a gladiator match to the death "Hunger Games" style, I bet your Se would shoot right above your Ne. But it wasn't your preferred mode of operation. Sociology and enviornment need to be taken into consideration.
    Perhaps add your bolding to "to this degree", as I said in my post ;P

    You use all the functions, but my Se isn't used to the degree displayed in the test results, nor is Te, etc. If I were in a gladiator style situation, I'd probably still be Ne-Ti heavily drawing from Si. I'm a 4th degree black belt in Taekwondo and compete in weapons, forms, and sparring. If I tried to use Se, I'd be far weaker in my exercise of it than I would be when using my native functions. The 4 functions not listed in functional preference really don't come into play as themselves without a filter through the top 4 functions. For example, my expression of Fi would be a very warped one through the lens of Fe or Ti.
    bearotter thanked this post.

  8. #7
    ENTJ - The Executives

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberbroccoli View Post
    Tests mean nothing. They indicate expression of functions, not preference. Even then, they're terrible because of the language they use, and the questions they ask. Only you can know what functions you use, and certainly don't delude yourself into thinking that because you're so smart, you get an extra function. -.-
    Quote Originally Posted by FlightsOfFancy View Post
    Same here except I'm an I;

    Boolean101, who is now retired, stated that Jung postulated Ni users can use Ti quite readily.

    Honestly, I don't get how the two are mutually exclusive, and I think these tests fail to differentiate.

    For example: "Do you take things apart to figure out how they work" which is a 'Ti' question
    For example: "Do you see how systems change with varying some of its parts" which is an Ni question

    How on Earth could you concieve of all possibilities in which he varying parts have on a system without at least somewhat taking it apart in your mind.

    I would ask; is the function more of a preference or servile?
    For example, do you take things apart for the fun of it or is it more to serve Ni?
    Using Ti is like a game to me, a test of skill, but ultimately not important. I may amuse myself (or humiliate someone else) by solving a logic puzzle, but everything that really matters is Te territory.

  9. #8
    ENTP - The Visionaries

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrogus View Post
    Using Ti is like a game to me, a test of skill, but ultimately not important. I may amuse myself (or humiliate someone else) by solving a logic puzzle, but everything that really matters is Te territory.
    So why doubt whether you're an ENTJ?
    Arrogus thanked this post.

  10. #9
    ENTJ - The Executives

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberbroccoli View Post
    For that matter, if you were to trust it, just a quick glance shows that the test would believe you to be an ENTJ
    [SIZE=5]
    You've got Te - Ni as Dom - Aux , and you have Se - Fi down there in the inferior zone. Based on the information provided, you'd seem to me to be a pretty averagely developed ENTJ for ages 14-30~ .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberbroccoli View Post
    So why doubt whether you're an ENTJ?
    I was under the impression that the shadow functions should score the lowest. It appears I was mistaken.

  11. #10
    INFJ - The Protectors

    Well shadow functions is a whole huge ball of yarn. You could have a shadow function that shows up that strongly that you aren't aware of, because its 'shadow' or unconscious. The problem is people think they 'use' functions (it might be more apt to say shadow functions use you without your knowledge) and so they're like "oh well I am ESFP with tons of Ne" and if we go down the shadow function mode all this means is that the test recorded a lot of what appeared to be extraverted intuition, but it doesn't mean the person has any conscious awareness of usage of it.

    Essentially it would be like finding out you could speak another language fluently. Lets say English (Se) is your first language and all you think you know, but then along comes a test and voila "oh hey did you know you also score really high on German?" and you're like "huh?" What happens is the test may notice, in this example, that perhaps you use a lot of germanic words and so erroneously concludes you speak German. In a function test context, the test may look at your answers and infer from them that you use a certain function, lets say Ne, but that is only based on the accuracy of your answers and what is being inferred from your behaviors. Just because you might exhibit attitudes and behaviors that look like Ne doesn't mean it is Ne. And even if it is, you're still not aware of it anyway so it doesn't matter. Remember shadow functions are UNCONSCIOUS. You have no more awareness of them than you do of the electrochemical processes in your brain. What Beebe was teaching is how to recognize the effects of complexes with his theory and what to look for.
    firedell, electricky, Jabberbroccoli and 8 others thanked this post.


     
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTJ] ENTJ women are you interested in ENTJ males?
    By kidgrave666 in forum ENTJ Forum - The Executives
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 10-14-2015, 10:23 PM
  2. [INTJ] Other ITTJ's take an abnormally long time to get over a break up?
    By RuthBoaz in forum INTJ Forum - The Scientists
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-22-2013, 03:15 PM
  3. [ENTJ] Socionics ENTj vs MBTI ENTJ persona
    By Boolean11 in forum ENTJ Forum - The Executives
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-21-2012, 06:59 PM
  4. [ENTP] ENTP abnormally large penis
    By Repus in forum ENTP Forum- The Visionaries
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 06:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:28 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0