Cognitive functions, are processes of the cognition. They are not behaviors, they are not philosophies, they're not magic, they're not a language, they're not a culture, they are not a government, they're not math, they're not animals, they're not poetry, they're not professors nor students, and they're definitely not unicorns. Anything that is not a process of cognition means that it is not a cognitive function.
There are two types of cognitive functions:
1. There are perceptive functions
2. And there are judgement functions
There are two different directions a function can take:
1. An extraverted direction which means external from self.
2. An introverted direction which means internal to self.
There are two different types of perceptive functions:
1. There is sensation which deals with perceiving sensations constantly. A sensation does not mean senses. There are sensations and there are senses. Senses perceive sensations, senses are not sensations.
2. There is intuition which deals with perceiving possibilities, and underlying meanings constantly. An intuition is not a sensation nor is it a sense. The senses can perceive intuitions, but senses are not intuitions.
3. A sense is how we perceive. A perceptive function is what we perceive. Sensors perceive sensations through the senses, Intuitives perceive through the senses. There are also way more senses then the common known five senses which also help us perceive.
There are two judgement functions:
1. There is feeling which is a judgement that derives from a core of harmony and discord to acquire peace/contentment. It can deal with either facts or opinions but facts eventually mold or help induce opinions.
2. There is thinking which is a judgement that derives from the core of acquiring and utilization of facts to acquire resources, it has nothing to do with opinions unless the opinion is judged as fact. Resources can be anything from materialistic possessions to Intellection knowledge or skill.
The cognitive functions are processes which means they are a system and follow the rules of a system. Once the gears of senses start to perceive/rotate, the perceptive function gear starts rotating which in turn produces perceptions. A process is when one thing affects another thing which in turn produces an effect that can lead to the production of other things. In other words cognitive functions are explainable and none of them are mystical. Some may seem mystical but they are either misunderstood or some people just cant comprehend them. None of you are special in relation to others, none of you are better in relation to others. Instead each of you are individuals on your own journey trying to discover yourself and how to use that self to relate to the world around you and within you. We all have a place in the system of life as gears that are part of existence.