[ENFJ] I need help you guys!

I need help you guys!

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Thank Tree4Thanks
  • 2 Post By Eggsies
  • 1 Post By Simpson17866
  • 1 Post By Robert2928

This is a discussion on I need help you guys! within the ENFJ Forum - The Givers forums, part of the NF's Temperament Forum- The Dreamers category; I used to think I was ENFJ but now I'm unsure. Is there someone who can help me? I've studied ...

  1. #1
    Unknown Personality

    I need help you guys!

    I used to think I was ENFJ but now I'm unsure. Is there someone who can help me? I've studied MBTI for 4 years and help people to find their types all of the time on tumblr, but I'm so horrible at analyzing myself. I originally typed as ESFJ, but that didn't feel right to me. I know I use Fe-hands down. I don't know if it is my dominate or supporting cognitive function though. Really, this function is all I'm sure of. My best friend (INFP) tells me that I'm not like his other ENFJ friends and I'm not as charismatic. He tells me that I'm more of a hybrid between ENFJ and ESFJ. I do not use past experiences to make choices in the present. I'm a very in the now kind of person. This is why I'm not ESFJ. They pull from past experiences all the time.

    My point is, Can someone ask me real life questions to help me determine my type? I don't believe the tests online are accurate and it takes someone looking into detail to find someones true type. I'm willing to answer any and all questions. This has been a long time coming and I really should have done this sooner. Any help I can get would be great! Thank you so much!!

    Julia



  2. #2

    @Julia_ExFJ could you describe Ni and Si? From what I've understood, Ni uses experience as well.
    Also, what is the tumblr-page? Might be useful, and if not, an interesting read. :)

    I'm no ENFJ, but I do believe I can help here anyways, hope it's okey.

  3. #3
    Unknown Personality

    problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinina View Post
    @Julia_ExFJ could you describe Ni and Si? From what I've understood, Ni uses experience as well.
    Also, what is the tumblr-page? Might be useful, and if not, an interesting read. :)

    I'm no ENFJ, but I do believe I can help here anyways, hope it's okey.


    My tumblr is @sociallywakwardENFJ and it isn't just about MBTI for the record lol

    Ni is a mysterious thing. N's are definitely largely focused on the future. Ni relies on gut feelings while Si uses the 5 senses to take in information. Ni is interested in more abstract thoughts that S types who like hard facts.

    Basically, Ni "looks at consistency of ideas and thoughts with an internal framework. They trust flashes from the unconscious, which may be hard for others to understand."

    Si users compare present facts and experiences to past experience. Trusts the past. Stores sensory data for later use."

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4

    Quote Originally Posted by Julia_ExFJ View Post
    My tumblr is @sociallywakwardENFJ and it isn't just about MBTI for the record lol

    Ni is a mysterious thing. N's are definitely largely focused on the future. Ni relies on gut feelings while Si uses the 5 senses to take in information. Ni is interested in more abstract thoughts that S types who like hard facts.

    Basically, Ni "looks at consistency of ideas and thoughts with an internal framework. They trust flashes from the unconscious, which may be hard for others to understand."

    Si users compare present facts and experiences to past experience. Trusts the past. Stores sensory data for later use."
    I'll answer this in two days when I get home, I'm at a camp at the moment.

  6. #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Julia_ExFJ View Post
    My tumblr is @sociallywakwardENFJ and it isn't just about MBTI for the record lol

    Ni is a mysterious thing. N's are definitely largely focused on the future. Ni relies on gut feelings while Si uses the 5 senses to take in information. Ni is interested in more abstract thoughts that S types who like hard facts.

    Basically, Ni "looks at consistency of ideas and thoughts with an internal framework. They trust flashes from the unconscious, which may be hard for others to understand."

    Si users compare present facts and experiences to past experience. Trusts the past. Stores sensory data for later use."
    Eeeeeh, there is an extreme amount of stereotypical misinformation here.

    I honestly have no more desire or energy to explain why these perceptions of cognitive functions are entirely false, but as a random example, I can say that by that logic, every individual in the military is one single MBTI type. Which is obviously incorrect.
    Last edited by Eggsies; 07-23-2015 at 09:58 PM.
    Simpson17866 and KC thanked this post.

  7. #6

    Quote Originally Posted by Julia_ExFJ View Post
    I do not use past experiences to make choices in the present. I'm a very in the now kind of person. This is why I'm not ESFJ. They pull from past experiences all the time.
    That's exactly the opposite of true. iNtuitors tend to care more about "what could be" while Sensors tend to care more about "what is"

  8. #7
    ENFJ - The Givers

    Quote Originally Posted by Julia_ExFJ View Post
    I used to think I was ENFJ but now I'm unsure. Is there someone who can help me? I've studied MBTI for 4 years and help people to find their types all of the time on tumblr, but I'm so horrible at analyzing myself. I originally typed as ESFJ, but that didn't feel right to me. I know I use Fe-hands down. I don't know if it is my dominate or supporting cognitive function though. Really, this function is all I'm sure of. My best friend (INFP) tells me that I'm not like his other ENFJ friends and I'm not as charismatic. He tells me that I'm more of a hybrid between ENFJ and ESFJ. I do not use past experiences to make choices in the present. I'm a very in the now kind of person. This is why I'm not ESFJ. They pull from past experiences all the time.

    My point is, Can someone ask me real life questions to help me determine my type? I don't believe the tests online are accurate and it takes someone looking into detail to find someones true type. I'm willing to answer any and all questions. This has been a long time coming and I really should have done this sooner. Any help I can get would be great! Thank you so much!!

    Julia
    I hope you get the advice you need but just some food for thought.

    I believe MBTI is still a very basic guidebook about personality and psychology as a whole but it shouldn't to too big of a determinant of who you are as a person.

    You are, at the end of the day, still your own unique person and no 16 boxes are going to effectively encapsulate you as a person.

    Like how people are different at work than they are at home, I believe we shift and adapt to different personality types (within plausible reason) depending on the situation and circumstance we're in. I swing from ENFJ to ENFP to ESFJ every now and then.

    If you want to find out your type, I believe you should analyze yourself when you're at your best and most comfortable to see where you fit in.

    But then again, I wouldn't put too much time and focus into it because that where I think most typism is born from and I've had way too many friends slip down that path because they think they completely knew someone because of they're personality type.

  9. #8

    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    You are, at the end of the day, still your own unique person and no 16 boxes are going to effectively encapsulate you as a person.

    Like how people are different at work than they are at home, I believe we shift and adapt to different personality types (within plausible reason) depending on the situation and circumstance we're in. I swing from ENFJ to ENFP to ESFJ every now and then.
    Exactly, that's why the really useful tests are the ones that use percentages instead of binary yes/no

    I'm basically INTP, but I'm also a lot closer to INFP than I am to ENTP, ISTP, or INTJ.

    INTP: 0.935 * 0.92 * 0.685 * 0.845 ≈ 49.8%

    ENTP: 0.065 * 0.92 * 0.685 * 0.845 ≈ 3.5%
    ISTP: 0.935 * 0.08 * 0.685 * 0.845 ≈ 4.3%
    INFP: 0.935 * 0.92 * 0.315 * 0.845 ≈ 22.9%
    INTJ: 0.935 * 0.92 * 0.685 * 0.155 ≈ 9.1%

    Likewise, you seem to have extremely high preferences for E and F but only moderately strong preferences for N and J.
    Last edited by Simpson17866; 07-24-2015 at 10:30 AM.
    KC thanked this post.

  10. #9

    Well, first of all, as Simpson17866 said, sensors is in the moment and intuition works with possibilities.

    Quote Originally Posted by Julia_ExFJ View Post
    My tumblr is @sociallywakwardENFJ and it isn't just about MBTI for the record lol

    Ni is a mysterious thing. N's are definitely largely focused on the future. Ni relies on gut feelings while Si uses the 5 senses to take in information. Ni is interested in more abstract thoughts that S types who like hard facts.

    Basically, Ni "looks at consistency of ideas and thoughts with an internal framework. They trust flashes from the unconscious, which may be hard for others to understand."

    Si users compare present facts and experiences to past experience. Trusts the past. Stores sensory data for later use."
    Found the tumblr, didn't give away too much though, more than that you were unsure of your type.

    I don't actually think Ni is that mysterious. It is focused on the future, that is true, but more than that, focused on possibilities. These possibilities they get from experience, from what kind of possibilities they've known before. This contrary to Ne, who doesn't rely on their experiences for possibilities.

    Sure, they trust flashes from the unconscious, but so does Si. Just in different ways. I can unconsciously "remember" how things have been before. Just as Ni. Though with Ni, it's about possibilities, and with Si it's about reality.

    That Si users compare present facts and experiences to their past is true, yes. But it's hardly all of Si. Si is about seeing the reality through a subjective lens.
    "Trusts in the past", how would you describe that? It seems like something most people (and me for a while) copies from a description and doesn't think twice about it.

    How would you describe Ne and Se, and which would you say you use?

  11. #10
    ENFJ - The Givers

    Where should I begin with this? Alright you’ve studied MBTI for 4 years but considering the amount of misinformation out there I’m going to, of course, be critical on you/the information you learned and have a mini lecture. For those unaware/lurking this is how this whole “cognitive functions” thing works.

    Keep in mind MBTI has its roots in Psychology where there is the subject (aka the individual) and the object (aka something outside the individual) When it comes to MBTI the first mistake people make is taking the social definition of introversion = shy, extroversion = outgoing, etc. not aware of the definition change within the theory. In MBTI terms “introversion” just means “subject based” and “extroversion” means “object based.” Whether you are an introvert/extrovert in MBTI is determined by your dominant function.

    Take that basic idea and apply it to the 4 preferences of Sensing/Intuition and Thinking/Feeling. The mistake I see people making is associating behaviors with certain functions without understanding WHY the individuals with those functions perform the actions. It’s not so much of “sensors are in the moment” but more so extroverts aka “object based” individuals are in the moment focusing on their preferred function. Fe users actively engage other’s values/beliefs, Te users actively engage other’s logic, Ne users actively engage other’s ideas/possibilities, Se actively engage their immediate empirical environment. All are acting “in the moment” just in different ways. Introverts aka “subject based” individuals reflect more so on themselves than engage the environment. Fi users actively engage their personal values/beliefs, Ti users actively engage their personal logic, Ni users actively engage their personal ideas/possibilities, Si actively engage their personal interpretation of the immediate empirical environment. Your “MBTI type” is just your cognitive process (aka thought process) You, as an individual, have preferences with cognitive functions and the top 2 cognitive functions make you your type. That’s the theory, more or less, in a nutshell.

    Now on to @Julia_ExFJ ‘s personal case. What made you unsure of your type in the first place? When I see:


    “I've studied MBTI for 4 years and help people to find their types all of the time on tumblr, but I'm so horrible at analyzing myself.”



    It just suggests you prefer extroversion to introversion as you self-proclaimed strength is helping others find themselves while struggling to understand yourself. That, from my experiences, is something common among Fe users who have a hard time figuring themselves out so they kind of learn more about themselves from interactions with others. Why didn’t ESFJ feel right? How do you know you use Fe? Give me an example of how you use it. If you are unsure whether or not Fe is you dominant or auxiliary then look into your inferior function/inferior function eruptions. Naomi Quenck has information in regards to that topic in her book and I know a few excerpts from her book are scattered around on this website/the internet in general. I’m questioning the alleged INFP’s claim of “charisma” being associated with all ENFJs as ,“1 ENFJ =/= all ENFJs” along with the people in his mind could be a completely different type all together. Considering the amount of misinformation spread this isn’t unlikely. Just sayin’. A hybrid of an ENFJ/ESFJ? Considering that both types have the same dominant function they have similarities in cognition but what was his explanation of this “hybrid” type?


    I do not use past experiences to make choices in the present. I'm a very in the now kind of person. This is why I'm not ESFJ. They pull from past experiences all the time.



    Now if you were making a case for not being a ISFJ the statement above would work however both ENFJs/ESFJs are Fe doms thus “object based” extroverts thus both types can be “in the now” or, essentially, action oriented. From my experiences with MBTI there is a massive bias against “S” types (because everybody knows the “S” stands for such things as shallow, stupid, etc. lol) so why should I, or anybody reading this, just believe you aren’t trying to be an ENFJ because “N” types a favored for their “deep, complex, abstract thinking” opposed to ESFJ with the associated “S” type stereotypes? Why should I, or others, believe this isn’t another case of “special snowflake syndrome”? From my experiences people seem to desire to be associated with the labels/stereotypes associated with MBTI types ("I wanna be INTJ so I can be smart", "I wanna be ESTP so I can be good at sports", "I don't wanna be ESFJ because they are boring", etc.) opposed to discovering their real type.



    Don’t take any of this the wrong way. I don’t know you or your story/situation nor am I implying that I “have you all figured out” however since you were asking the right questions I decided to help. Below are 7 questions common questions used in the type me forums that I find easy to peg someone’s cognitive preferences. For your answers describe your thought process Example (1. My initial thoughts are _ because of _. My outwards reaction would likely be _ because of _) You don’t have to sound as “robotic” but just explain your thoughts as you answer the questions so when I analyze them I have something to work with. Have a nice day.


    1.) You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?



    2.) You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?



    3.) On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?



    4.) What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?



    5.) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?



    6.) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?



    7.) What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
    sempiternal thanked this post.


     

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] Guys guys guys! What kinda presents do you like to receive?
    By Kittynip in forum ENTP Forum- The Visionaries
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-22-2016, 10:41 PM
  2. Replies: 97
    Last Post: 06-03-2014, 05:34 PM
  3. Guys, guys, guys. The most important question.
    By A Little Bit of Cheeze in forum Member Polls
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 07-18-2013, 07:22 PM
  4. [INFP] What subjects do INFP guys enjoy discussing with other guys?
    By note4note in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 12:52 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:38 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0