[ENFP] ESFP Careers and Hobby Suggestion?

ESFP Careers and Hobby Suggestion?

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Thank Tree8Thanks

This is a discussion on ESFP Careers and Hobby Suggestion? within the ENFP Forum - The Inspirers forums, part of the NF's Temperament Forum- The Dreamers category; Haha I know I'm not an ENFP, but I thought I was and posted a lot here and ended up ...

  1. #1

    ESFP Careers and Hobby Suggestion?

    Haha I know I'm not an ENFP, but I thought I was and posted a lot here and ended up falling in love with you guys, and also I did this same post on the ESFP forum but got no replies...I'm guessing not many ESFP's use PC or smthn.

    Basically, I am curious if you guys know any ESFP's whether friends or family, and what their hobbies and careers look like. I am only 16, but I want some goals and some activites I enjoy and can build on, I recently quit a sport, but it is for the best. And that was basically my only hobby. Now I only have fitness lol im boring.

    Also, I love PC and stuff, but I kinda got the vibe I would not get the responses I want on the ESFP thread. I mean, like who is the closest type to ESFP, so that I can post there and get type specific response.....I hope that made sense.



  2. #2

    Hello!

    I had an ESFP professor teaching work ethics. She was very passionate about what she taught and she was both kind and supportive as a professor. She genuinely wanted to help and I was a struggling student.
    Being a professor wasn't simply a way for her to earn money. You could tell she wanted to make a difference.

    I had an ESFP ex manager who is now currently teaching cosmetics and skincare. Like me, she's into the beauty industry.

    I know two other ESFPs who are salespeople. They're good at being charismatic and getting people to buy products and goods.

    My ESFP cousin is interested in getting into interior design.

    Not to sound cliche but all the ESFPs I listed above excel at sports and enjoy it. I would also look into art in general, theatre, medical, music, martial arts, skydiving and dancing.

  3. #3

    Quote Originally Posted by Alassea View Post
    Hello!

    I had an ESFP professor teaching work ethics. She was very passionate about what she taught and she was both kind and supportive as a professor. She genuinely wanted to help and I was a struggling student.
    Being a professor wasn't simply a way for her to earn money. You could tell she wanted to make a difference.

    I had an ESFP ex manager who is now currently teaching cosmetics and skincare. Like me, she's into the beauty industry.

    I know two other ESFPs who are salespeople. They're good at being charismatic and getting people to buy products and goods.

    My ESFP cousin is interested in getting into interior design.

    Not to sound cliche but all the ESFPs I listed above excel at sports and enjoy it. I would also look into art in general, theatre, medical, music, martial arts, skydiving and dancing.
    thank you :), i will give art and its forms and also theatre, and some form of martial art a try
    Alassea thanked this post.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4

    I'm gonna break your unspoken rules, if you don't mind, and ask you instead. If you could have any job or profession, what would it be?

  6. #5

    Quote Originally Posted by ENFPathetic View Post
    I'm gonna break your unspoken rules, if you don't mind, and ask you instead. If you could have any job or profession, what would it be?
    XD hmm lets think. I have no f***ing clue XDDD thats why i asked!.....

    But ok for me, career would have to be someting that involves people, some creativity, novelty, and yeah. I just read career descriptions online and get bored, the descriptions do not do the careers justice, hence I have to ask people's personal exeperiences with different careers. I did not answer your question sorry, I tried tho XD

  7. #6

    Quote Originally Posted by The Big S View Post
    XD hmm lets think. I have no f***ing clue XDDD thats why i asked!.....

    But ok for me, career would have to be someting that involves people, some creativity, novelty, and yeah. I just read career descriptions online and get bored, the descriptions do not do the careers justice, hence I have to ask people's personal exeperiences with different careers. I did not answer your question sorry, I tried tho XD
    That's a perfectly good answer. "I don't know" is an underrated answer to be honest.

    Reading job descriptions will not really help you, and asking people for suggestions is not that different in that it will not yield any worthwhile results which is why I took it upon myself to push you in the right direction and ask for input from the only person who can help you figure this out. You!

    The reason job descriptions and suggestions from others are ultimately useless is because even if you somehow end up finding a job you enjoy with such methods, you will not understand why you enjoy it and sooner or later it will stop being enjoyable and you will be back to square 1 reading through job descriptions and asking people for suggestions on what to try next. For what it's worth, I'm speaking from experience.

    It ultimately doesn't matter what other people's experience are with careers, nor does it even matter what your personal experiences are with a career. What truly matters is, what is your greater goal and how does each day contribute to that. I know it sounds counter intuitive, but the idea is to begin with the end in mind. So in that light, what do you want out of life?
    Fru2 thanked this post.

  8. #7

    Quote Originally Posted by ENFPathetic View Post
    That's a perfectly good answer. "I don't know" is an underrated answer to be honest.

    Reading job descriptions will not really help you, and asking people for suggestions is not that different in that it will not yield any worthwhile results which is why I took it upon myself to push you in the right direction and ask for input from the only person who can help you figure this out. You!

    The reason job descriptions and suggestions from others are ultimately useless is because even if you somehow end up finding a job you enjoy with such methods, you will not understand why you enjoy it and sooner or later it will stop being enjoyable and you will be back to square 1 reading through job descriptions and asking people for suggestions on what to try next. For what it's worth, I'm speaking from experience.

    It ultimately doesn't matter what other people's experience are with careers, nor does it even matter what your personal experiences are with a career. What truly matters is, what is your greater goal and how does each day contribute to that. I know it sounds counter intuitive, but the idea is to begin with the end in mind. So in that light, what do you want out of life?
    oh god what a deep question. I am not going to answer your question directly, but will list overall what I want in life. I first a formost want time to have fun aside from my career- parties, travel, social activity. I want a few friends and maybe one person I love, and just spend my life with them. Now, what i want to accomplish- I want to help benefit people, I want to use my creativity for good, I want to make something that will make my name known. But, I would be perfecty fine without being famous.


    Ok i just realized this question needs some serious thought. I mean, i do not know what I want to accomplish in my life, other than things unrelated to career stuff. I do not think I can give you an answer this soon, but i think this question will help guide me.
    Fru2 thanked this post.

  9. #8

    Quote Originally Posted by The Big S View Post
    oh god what a deep question. I am not going to answer your question directly, but will list overall what I want in life. I first a formost want time to have fun aside from my career- parties, travel, social activity. I want a few friends and maybe one person I love, and just spend my life with them. Now, what i want to accomplish- I want to help benefit people, I want to use my creativity for good, I want to make something that will make my name known. But, I would be perfecty fine without being famous.


    Ok i just realized this question needs some serious thought. I mean, i do not know what I want to accomplish in my life, other than things unrelated to career stuff. I do not think I can give you an answer this soon, but i think this question will help guide me.
    This is good. Keep thinking on this. Life goals are not supposed to be about a career. A career is supposed to help you achieve your life goals. The better you understand what you truly want, the more effectively you can narrow down your career choices.

    I like to think of it like this. My goal is my destination. My body is my vehicle. Knowledge and wisdom are my maps. Diet and exercise is how I service my vehicle. Reading and listening is how I improve the clarity of my maps. Choosing a career is like choosing your next route. If you have a clear map and a well serviced vehicle, then you won't care too much about the the route you take as long as it's getting you to your destination as effectively as possible.
    Fru2 thanked this post.

  10. #9

    Quote Originally Posted by ENFPathetic View Post
    This is good. Keep thinking on this. Life goals are not supposed to be about a career. A career is supposed to help you achieve your life goals. The better you understand what you truly want, the more effectively you can narrow down your career choices.

    I like to think of it like this. My goal is my destination. My body is my vehicle. Knowledge and wisdom are my maps. Diet and exercise is how I service my vehicle. Reading and listening is how I improve the clarity of my maps. Choosing a career is like choosing your next route. If you have a clear map and a well serviced vehicle, then you won't care too much about the the route you take as long as it's getting you to your destination as effectively as possible.
    you sir, are a wise man

  11. #10

    @ENFPathetic . I’ve missed you! Glad to see you on again!


     
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [ESFP] ESFP's, which Careers and Hobbies are best for us?
    By The Big S in forum ESFP Forum - The Performers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2019, 11:22 PM
  2. Foruming Hobby And Its Meaning
    By brittauzenne in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-07-2013, 07:29 AM
  3. [ESFP] ESFP Jobs And Careers
    By Word Dispenser in forum ESFP Forum - The Performers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-19-2012, 06:51 AM
  4. [BabyBoomers] What is your hobby and why?
    By startitup in forum Baby Boomers Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-03-2012, 08:33 AM
  5. [ENFP] an extravert in a relationship with an introvert and needing a hobby (advice pls)
    By shoeless in forum ENFP Forum - The Inspirers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2011, 03:30 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:26 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0