[ENFP] Wanderlust

Wanderlust

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
Thank Tree32Thanks

This is a discussion on Wanderlust within the ENFP Forum - The Inspirers forums, part of the NF's Temperament Forum- The Dreamers category; I'm getting to that stage where I want to travel again. My husband and I might travel this summer starting ...

  1. #1
    ENFP

    Wanderlust

    I'm getting to that stage where I want to travel again. My husband and I might travel this summer starting off July 22nd in Israel and end sometime in early September at Portugal. My list of countries is below:

    Israel - 7 days
    Jordan - 3 days
    Turkey - 3 days
    Bulgaria - 3 days
    Romania - 5 days
    Hungary - 3 days
    Austria - 3 days
    Germany - 3 days
    Switzerland - 9 days
    Italy down to its southern tip than fly to France - 9 days
    France -9 days
    Spain - 6 days
    Portugal - 3 days

    My question is if money is not an issue where would you stay in these countries, what to visit, and favorite restaurants? What would be a bucket list item to do in these areas or stay? Would love to hear all suggestions.

    Background on us: We're tolerant of other people's cultures, love history and the study of different religions, but aren't afraid of fun exciting things to try like bungee jumping. We also love food (from a hole in the walls to three stars Michelin restaurants) and are not shy at trying out different taste on the menu. Of course, we also like beer and wine.

    So let your Ne fly and what would you think of if you could do this trip and money was not an option? Mind you the set schedule is not set in stone.
    Last edited by NIHM; 05-17-2019 at 02:35 PM.
    GusWriter, Llyralen, Fru2 and 1 others thanked this post.



  2. #2
    ENFP

    @NIHM For France I'd recommend visiting Guedelon- it's a medieval castle in the making, they're using traditional techniques to build it. Strasbourg is my favorite city in France. The last thing you'd want to do while being in Turkey is visiting an all-inclusive hotel complex and stay there. There's so much to see in Turkey, it'd be a shame to go there for something you could experience anywhere else. Istanbul is amazing. In Germany - Hamburg's new port region is worth visiting and Berlin and Munich are a must. I liked staying at Baden-Baden if you're interested in visiting the black forest on the south west of the country.

    Here are my recommendations for Israel:
    Jerusalem (book at least 2 days)
    - A walk through the City of David
    - Yad Vashem holocaust memorial center - Best architecture I've seen in Israel, portrays the full meaning of the story through the building's design, I wouldn't skip this experience. You could visit mount Herzel at the same day since it's right next to it.
    - Mahane Yehuda street market is where you'd want to eat inside the city, you've got some fancy restaurants there too.
    - Abu Gosh Is an Arab village west of the city, best known for it's Hummus and Falafel restaurants. Definitely worth a visit.

    Tel Aviv
    A great way to see the city would be to walk through the boulevards from the marina east to Rabin square, then go south to Habima square, then proceed through Rothschild blvd. to Neve Tzedek(a cool hipster neighborhood) then continue to Jaffa which is right west of it. Then end the walk with a stroll down the main beach of Tel Aviv back to the marina. You'd have a lot of opportunities to spot street food and restaurants on the way. The marina has some restaurants with nice views (accompanied with masses of people)

    Haifa
    The Baha'i gardens are phenomenal, worth a visit.

    North
    Tiberius (and its lake) Are a touristic hotspot, but I'd rather go for a visit in one of the Druzi villages up north from there - I've enjoyed visiting Peki'in, make sure to try the Pita Labane at the Taboun on the main square of the village, that's my favorite meal of all time.
    Banias nature reserve to the northeast of there is a great spot for tracking. The are several rivers in the region that are worth a visit. There are places to go kayaking there too.
    Theres an old strategic fort on the Golan heights that shows a full 360 of the region and gives a full picture of the strategic importance of the place. I don't remember the name of the hill, Avital? Something along those lines... Anyway, there's a cafe there called Coffee Annan which is visible on Google maps, so you could just navigate there.

    South
    Ein Gedi nature reserve
    Mesada - You don't want to miss this one.
    Dead sea
    Ramon crater is worth a visit, but there's not much to do there aside from experiencing the view.
    Eilat - a great place for free diving, scuba-diving and kite-surfing. You've got some beautiful coral reefs there.

  3. #3
    ENFP

    Quote Originally Posted by Fru2 View Post
    @NIHM For France I'd recommend visiting Guedelon- it's a medieval castle in the making, they're using traditional techniques to build it. Strasbourg is my favorite city in France. The last thing you'd want to do while being in Turkey is visiting an all-inclusive hotel complex and stay there. There's so much to see in Turkey, it'd be a shame to go there for something you could experience anywhere else. Istanbul is amazing. In Germany - Hamburg's new port region is worth visiting and Berlin and Munich are a must. I liked staying at Baden-Baden if you're interested in visiting the black forest on the south west of the country.

    Here are my recommendations for Israel:
    Jerusalem (book at least 2 days)
    - A walk through the City of David
    - Yad Vashem holocaust memorial center - Best architecture I've seen in Israel, portrays the full meaning of the story through the building's design, I wouldn't skip this experience. You could visit mount Herzel at the same day since it's right next to it.
    - Mahane Yehuda street market is where you'd want to eat inside the city, you've got some fancy restaurants there too.
    - Abu Gosh Is an Arab village west of the city, best known for it's Hummus and Falafel restaurants. Definitely worth a visit.

    Tel Aviv
    A great way to see the city would be to walk through the boulevards from the marina east to Rabin square, then go south to Habima square, then proceed through Rothschild blvd. to Neve Tzedek(a cool hipster neighborhood) then continue to Jaffa which is right west of it. Then end the walk with a stroll down the main beach of Tel Aviv back to the marina. You'd have a lot of opportunities to spot street food and restaurants on the way. The marina has some restaurants with nice views (accompanied with masses of people)

    Haifa
    The Baha'i gardens are phenomenal, worth a visit.

    North
    Tiberius (and its lake) Are a touristic hotspot, but I'd rather go for a visit in one of the Druzi villages up north from there - I've enjoyed visiting Peki'in, make sure to try the Pita Labane at the Taboun on the main square of the village, that's my favorite meal of all time.
    Banias nature reserve to the northeast of there is a great spot for tracking. The are several rivers in the region that are worth a visit. There are places to go kayaking there too.
    Theres an old strategic fort on the Golan heights that shows a full 360 of the region and gives a full picture of the strategic importance of the place. I don't remember the name of the hill, Avital? Something along those lines... Anyway, there's a cafe there called Coffee Annan which is visible on Google maps, so you could just navigate there.

    South
    Ein Gedi nature reserve
    Mesada - You don't want to miss this one.
    Dead sea
    Ramon crater is worth a visit, but there's not much to do there aside from experiencing the view.
    Eilat - a great place for free diving, scuba-diving and kite-surfing. You've got some beautiful coral reefs there.
    Thank you so much for this, I think I'm also going to Jordan too. I completely forgot about the Petra. So yeah I'll do the dead sea on Israel's side and Jordan's side.
    Last edited by NIHM; 05-18-2019 at 11:19 AM.
    Llyralen and Fru2 thanked this post.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    ENFP

    Quote Originally Posted by NIHM View Post
    Thank you so much for this, I think I'm also going to Jordan too. I completely forgot about the Petra. So yeah I'll do the dead sea on Israel's side and Jordan's side.
    You're welcome! If you've got any more questions just ask. Wish I'd visit Petra some day.
    Llyralen thanked this post.

  6. #5

    My wanderlust has metastasised into grade IV unabletostaystilloma, but while I've been to most of those places, I don't think I could be of much help - I have never travelled like that. The shortest I've ever stayed in a place is a month, and generally it's more like 3-6 months. I can't imagine blazing through places at that kind of a pace - I'm this kind of a traveller...

    However when you pass through Bulgaria, you won't regret a visit to Plovdiv, which is where I have spent most of this year (leaving soon). There are buses and a night train to Plovdiv from Istanbul. It's not older than Athens, but it has a nice mix of old and creative. Probably enough to Ne-ntertain you for day or two. Sofia is an easy 2-2.5 hr train/bus ride away when you feel like moving on.

    Last edited by Marvin the Dendroid; 05-18-2019 at 01:31 AM.
    Llyralen, Fru2 and NIHM thanked this post.

  7. #6

    For France I can help, just give me the following info's :

    -Will have your own car or depends on public transport ?
    -Do you know already which part (north or south) of France you will start from ? It can take up to 9th ours to travel from a town in northern part to southern, which means you will probably stuck to visit the region of your starting point, except if you don't mind losing almost one day in transport.

    There is plenty of things to do whatever region you choose anyway, each one have its historical monuments, local food, activities etc. And the towns near another country borders can be a mix of the two countries cultures which can be very fun to discover.
    Llyralen and NIHM thanked this post.

  8. #7

    That's an impressive list! Do you have plans for Italy? It's the only one on the list I know well. Do you know when you will be there?

    I've been to the South of Italy repeatedly for family so I know Rome and Naples best. Couldn't give you specific restaurants, can't say I know that detail (it was all about Nonna's cooking and Zia Maria's homemade pizza!)

    I've been to Venice, Florence and a few smaller places on the south coast. I guess for a lot of people Venice is a must and I suppose if you have never been: it is. It's the most touristic and expensive with the most disappointing foods... Are you surprised? But the architecture is gorgeous... Still it's gorgeous in Rome too. Florence is surrounded by rolling green hills and those stunning Italian Cypress trees. Plus the art... If you are a lover of Renaissance art then you will be busy in Italy!

    In Rome I'd always go to the pantheon (and so many churches you can visit in Italy, it's not about being religious but the stunning and famous murals and so much gold... Roman Catholics can be gaudy) and there's a Gelataria called Della Palma nearby which boasts about having 150 flavours to choose from. Well, it's always the place to go. Of course you can imagine there are many other sites to see in Rome (Colosseum is good enough from the outside) also Vatican city, might as well if you are there!

    If you're looking for a beach holiday Italy isn't really the stress free beauty you hope it is. I spend most of my time on the south-west coast and all the beaches are privatised so you will have to pay for a section on an overcrowded beach. Sun is sweltering in summer, waters are beautiful though. That's the Mediterranean for you. Turkey was gorgeous too though. And the best food I've ever had was in Turkey. If you are planning the Mediterranean in the height of summer then you might want to adopt siestas as part of your routine to avoid the midday sun... I certainly do. Enjoy early mornings and late evenings.

    If you're doing pizza, go to Street vendors. Have a large slice for lunch, pizza isn't a dinner type food as my family would shake their heads disapprovingly at anyone who ordered pizza at a restaurant... But then Italians are weird about food, I suppose they have every right to be. Simple dishes can taste so good if you find the right places. Try potato rosamary pizza (no cheese/tomato) and arancini. Maybe these are just things I'm nostalgic for but it's also some of the stranger things that I don't get to eat that much out of Italy.
    Llyralen, Fru2 and NIHM thanked this post.

  9. #8

    Quote Originally Posted by NIHM View Post
    love history
    All of my Roman what.

    I'd just give myself the full dose. So in Israel, that's Caesarea, in Italy, you'll pick between Pompeii (overrun) and Herculaneum (smaller and less crowdy), in Rome the Colosseum, in France I'd hike along the Pont Du Garde, in Germany it's either Trier (baths) or Cologne, both with large museums, and there are certainly more in the other countries I can't remember. Also, somewhere along the way, I'd try to catch an open-air event in one of the ancient amphitheatres. They do that e.g. in Caesarea, in Orange (France), in Pula (Croatia) or Verona (Italy). My personal favourite would probably be Mahler's 8th in Orange (July 29th). French midi, warm nights, the smell of lavender and a symphony orchestra ... to die for.

    ... sigh. Now I really wanna go myself :(
    NIHM, Marvin the Dendroid, Fru2 and 1 others thanked this post.

  10. #9
    ENFP

    Quote Originally Posted by Noyau Obscur View Post
    For France I can help, just give me the following info's :

    -Will have your own car or depends on public transport ?
    -Do you know already which part (north or south) of France you will start from ? It can take up to 9th ours to travel from a town in northern part to southern, which means you will probably stuck to visit the region of your starting point, except if you don't mind losing almost one day in transport.

    There is plenty of things to do whatever region you choose anyway, each one have its historical monuments, local food, activities, etc. And the towns near another country borders can be a mix of the two countries cultures which can be very fun to discover.
    Well, we planned on flying from the southern tip of Italy back into Paris, France and then going south (train or car). It depends if the train allows us to bring our luggage. I love trains and enjoy them but I'm finding at least with the train from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem there is no room for luggage. Also, our schedule isn't set so we're kind of going to stop if something looks interesting and stay in a town longer overnight just to see it. My husband doesn't mind schedules and kind of fills in the details for me, he's an INTJ but he also likes my wandering spirit of ohhh look a field of flower gardens, let's stop. lol. Like he's already been the one to say, no sweety we can't rent the Fiat, our luggage won't fit. I wish I could decide just to take a backpack and a few essentials. He also points out that we need a Visa to enter both Jordan and Turkey if we went to visit them prior to flying from the States. He also has pointed out we will, however, have to stick to some schedule since we will have reservations and hotels and airfare tickets. The reason I'm planning now everything before we sit we a travel planner agency in one week. So far I have Israel, Jordan, and Istanbul (Turkey) mapped out on what we're going to do.

    Again while in France, Paris will be the start and then go to the south of France. I'm pretty sure I'm going to add more days to France. I was eyeballing it just now.

  11. #10
    ENFP

    Quote Originally Posted by Falling Foxes View Post
    That's an impressive list! Do you have plans for Italy? It's the only one on the list I know well. Do you know when you will be there?

    I've been to the South of Italy repeatedly for family so I know Rome and Naples best. Couldn't give you specific restaurants, can't say I know that detail (it was all about Nonna's cooking and Zia Maria's homemade pizza!)

    I've been to Venice, Florence and a few smaller places on the south coast. I guess for a lot of people Venice is a must and I suppose if you have never been: it is. It's the most touristic and expensive with the most disappointing foods... Are you surprised? But the architecture is gorgeous... Still it's gorgeous in Rome too. Florence is surrounded by rolling green hills and those stunning Italian Cypress trees. Plus the art... If you are a lover of Renaissance art then you will be busy in Italy!

    In Rome I'd always go to the pantheon (and so many churches you can visit in Italy, it's not about being religious but the stunning and famous murals and so much gold... Roman Catholics can be gaudy) and there's a Gelataria called Della Palma nearby which boasts about having 150 flavours to choose from. Well, it's always the place to go. Of course you can imagine there are many other sites to see in Rome (Colosseum is good enough from the outside) also Vatican city, might as well if you are there!

    If you're looking for a beach holiday Italy isn't really the stress free beauty you hope it is. I spend most of my time on the south-west coast and all the beaches are privatised so you will have to pay for a section on an overcrowded beach. Sun is sweltering in summer, waters are beautiful though. That's the Mediterranean for you. Turkey was gorgeous too though. And the best food I've ever had was in Turkey. If you are planning the Mediterranean in the height of summer then you might want to adopt siestas as part of your routine to avoid the midday sun... I certainly do. Enjoy early mornings and late evenings.

    If you're doing pizza, go to Street vendors. Have a large slice for lunch, pizza isn't a dinner type food as my family would shake their heads disapprovingly at anyone who ordered pizza at a restaurant... But then Italians are weird about food, I suppose they have every right to be. Simple dishes can taste so good if you find the right places. Try potato rosamary pizza (no cheese/tomato) and arancini. Maybe these are just things I'm nostalgic for but it's also some of the stranger things that I don't get to eat that much out of Italy.
    I know Italy might be in late August for us. Currently, we're hitting Turkey on my planning stages on Aug 5th. Yes, Venice and Rome are both a must for me. I also have family in Italy but closer to the Switzerland border and I have family in Switzerland I'm stopping by to say hi to the cousins.

    Ohh siestas sound marvelous for a midday nap and I do love my art.

    Yeah, I know about the weirdness of food. Like ordering tortellini and it comes out in a broth form when I was sixteen or getting the weird look when you order Alfredo. Of course southern Italy I don't know much about and the last time I was in northern Italy was sixteen. Being sixteen and being the American mutt I said very disapproving that they didn't know how to make tortellini, I got a stern look from my great grandmother. I've since grown up a lot and understand there is a huge difference in American Italian and actual Italian food. The description of that pizza sounds wonderful to me, I'll try it for sure.

    One thing I do miss is my grandmother's red sauce on Sunday. She called it her Sunday gravy.
    Last edited by NIHM; 05-18-2019 at 03:59 PM.
    Falling Foxes thanked this post.


     
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] INFp and Wanderlust
    By vastcat in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 12-14-2017, 07:58 PM
  2. [INFP] Anybody else like constantly moving, dream of wanderlust, nomadic life?
    By jd_ in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-25-2016, 08:56 PM
  3. [INFP] I'm following through with my wanderlust, wish me luck
    By A Better Tomorrow in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-16-2013, 06:25 AM
  4. [ENFP] Wanderlust and ENFPs
    By GROUNDED_ONE in forum ENFP Forum - The Inspirers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-01-2012, 10:11 PM
  5. ENTJ & Wanderlust
    By pwiloson in forum NT's Temperament Forum- The Intellects
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 09:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:34 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0