Hi everyone! Pure, loving, embracing ENFP here. But ENFJs at work are turning me into a grumpy cat.
Here's a sample of everyday behavior I can't stand anymore.
- Disrespectful tone of voice. Always talking? Not a problem. But why hitting the volume of a taking-off jumbo every single time they talk? It's hard to concentrate.
- The "you must" mantra. You must eat this, you must eat that. Did you do what I told you to do? Come here, watch this video. (Erm, in 5 mins...) NO! Come here! You gotta see it now!
- Their way or no way. "Let's go to that cafť for lunch" seems a friendly request. But god forbid you wish you had the freedom to go to another cafť. They pout and sulk.
- They fake dialogues.This is one of the main issues for me. You can't have a dialogue with them: if you are lucky you'll be able to interrupt their overdetailed monologue, but after a quick pause they'll start from where they paused, without showing any sign of listening to you.
- You must entertain them. Know-it-all people, if you touch a topic when they can't be bossy because they're obviously not into that, they won't ask or comment. They'll go away or frown.
- They know best. Talking to someone about that restaurant? No, they've been there and it's not good (not for them, but for the whole universe). Here's a list of places where you really should go instead. Did you book a table? No? Do it now!
- They fake empathy. Their so sparkling that you think they feel you. Actually, you're the audience.
- They are insistent. No is never an answer.
- Everything they do is right. Everything others do is wrong. They judge you all the time.
- They "sell" their ideas all the time, even if there's no need to. They try to convince you and push you, but ENFPs will recoil.
- They act like bosses even if they don't have the authority to do so.
- You tell them something, they disagree. Then tell you the same thing you said previously and claimed they are right.
- They generalize A LOT. I guess they live by heuristics, which is normal, but in their case it's too much.
I work with a holy male INFP, three funny female ENFJs and one off-chain male ENFJ.
The INFP and I are getting more and more frustrated, sad, complaining. We feel invaded and emotionally abused because these people are also friends of us. Yes, we tried to talk to them. More sulking.
Other ENFPs having this "too much" feeling? <3