What are you doing today to improve yourself?
Post motivational stuff and strategies you've been using to work on your weak areas! Here are some weak areas (informal list compiled from a bunch of sources + my own ENFP-ness) that we as ENFPs can work on:
2. Dealing with personal criticism/conflict (by practicing avoidant behaviors, emotional outbursts, etc.)
3. Internalizing anger and taking it out on ourselves, leaving the underlying issue to remain unresolved
4. Seeking mindless experiences and sensations.
5. Fearing commitment in relationships
6. Not following through with projects - starting a bunch and leaving them unfinished!
7. Tardiness and loss of productivity due to not being efficient with our time
8. Decision-making (!!!)
Rules for ENFP success (from personalitypage):Anyone want to add to the list? What are you doing to face some of these issues head on? :D Hopefully we can help each other, if y'all are game for it. *passes out flower garlands* Heh. ^_^Ten Rules to Live By to Achieve ENFP Success
1. Feed Your Strengths! Make sure you have opportunities to have new experiences to feel your quest of understanding the world.
2. Face Your Weaknesses! Realize and accept that some traits are strengths and some are weaknesses. By facing your weaknesses, you can overcome them and they will have less power over you.
3. Express Your Feelings. Don’t let anger get bottled up inside you. If you have strong feelings, sort them out and express them, or they may become destructive!
4. Make Decisions. Don't be afraid to have an opinion. You need to know how you feel about things in order to be effective.
5. Smile at Criticism. Try to see disagreement and discord as an opportunity for growth, because that’s exactly what it is. Try not to become overly defensive towards criticism; try to hear it and judge it objectively.
6. Be Aware of Others. Remember that there are 15 other personality types out there who see things differently than you see them. Most of your problems with other people are easier to deal with if you try to understand the other person's perspective.
7. Be Aware of Yourself. Don't stint your own needs for the sake of others too much. Realise you are an important focus. If you do not fulfill your own needs, how will continue to be effective and how will others know you are true to your beliefs?
8. Be Accountable for Yourself. Don’t waste mental energy finding blame in other’s behaviour, or in identifying yourself as a victim. You have more control over your life than any other person has.
9. Assume the Best. Don't distress yourself by assuming the worst. Remember that a positive attitude creates positive situations.
10. When in Doubt, Ask Questions! Don't assume that the lack of feedback is the same thing as negative feedback. If you need feedback and don't have any, ask for it.
This week I am...
-resisting my type 9 urges to not work out by working out EVERY DAY, rain or shine
-finding opportunities to say "no" to people instead of leaving them hanging and deciding at the last minute for commitments. It's quite empowering!