7w8 vs 8w7!

7w8 vs 8w7!

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Thank Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By VenusDeMilo

This is a discussion on 7w8 vs 8w7! within the Enneagram Personality Theory Forum forums, part of the Personality Type Forums category; I‘m curious to know how you differentiate 7w8 and 8w7?...

  1. #1

    7w8 vs 8w7!

    I‘m curious to know how you differentiate 7w8 and 8w7?



  2. #2
    Type 9w8

    7w8 is more afraid than angry, 8w7 is more angry than afraid.

  3. #3

    Quote Originally Posted by Inveniet View Post
    7w8 is more afraid than angry, 8w7 is more angry than afraid.
    Okay, this is helpful!

    Would you say that this could show also in interaction with other people? The 7w8 being more nervous/scattered, for example, and the 8w7 being more aggressive/ argumentative?
    Inveniet thanked this post.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4

    In a friend group I am the fun and freedom loving, non-committal friend but at the same time I can be really confrontational and relentless when it comes to my own needs and ambitions. I give you direct and blunt advice and opinions.I‘ve read that both types are aggressive. I can‘t tell if the 7 or the 8 is stronger though..

    But I am honestly not an anxious person at all, zero percent!! These type of people even irritate me and if someone around me is that way I tell them to toughen up, don‘t be a bitch and be more confident.

    It depends who I am interacting with, because with strangers you have to be diplomatic and careful but with family you have less of a filter so I can be more direct and my family members told me that they are scared to pick up fights with me. Idk.

    So if you would decide by anxious vs angry alone , I would tend towards the 8w7...

  6. #5
    Type 9w8

    Quote Originally Posted by VenusDeMilo View Post
    Okay, this is helpful!

    Would you say that this could show also in interaction with other people? The 7w8 being more nervous/scattered, for example, and the 8w7 being more aggressive/ argumentative?
    I wouldn't say 7's necessarily come off as nervous.
    Just because type 5, 6, 7 falls under the label fear, doesn't mean that they all seem anxious.
    They certainly can if they are low on mental health though.

    Some stuff that might illuminate 7


    In the same vein 8, 9, 1 does not have to come off as angry either, especially 9 can seem not angry at all.
    And will deny being angry themselves.

    Some stuff that might illuminate 8

    To really figure out what type one is, one must go on a journey of self discovery,
    because external tells are not entirely reliable.

    From what you write, I would say that 7w8 is a good hypothesis.
    Fun mentioned before challenge!

    You can always change it if you encounter new evidence to the contrary.
    People often change their type back and forth in the beginning,
    as their understanding becomes deeper.

    Cause it is you, in the final analysis, that must understand what type you are, and why.
    Other people can just give you their feedback and suggestions,
    which might just as well be wrong as it might be right.

    If you want more feedback on your particular type you go here!

  7. #6

    Quote Originally Posted by Inveniet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VenusDeMilo View Post
    Okay, this is helpful!

    Would you say that this could show also in interaction with other people? The 7w8 being more nervous/scattered, for example, and the 8w7 being more aggressive/ argumentative?
    I wouldn't say 7's necessarily come off as nervous.
    Just because type 5, 6, 7 falls under the label fear, doesn't mean that they all seem anxious.
    They certainly can if they are low on mental health though.

    Some stuff that might illuminate 7


    In the same vein 8, 9, 1 does not have to come off as angry either, especially 9 can seem not angry at all.
    And will deny being angry themselves.

    Some stuff that might illuminate 8

    To really figure out what type one is, one must go on a journey of self discovery,
    because external tells are not entirely reliable.

    From what you write, I would say that 7w8 is a good hypothesis.
    Fun mentioned before challenge!

    You can always change it if you encounter new evidence to the contrary.
    People often change their type back and forth in the beginning,
    as their understanding becomes deeper.

    Cause it is you, in the final analysis, that must understand what type you are, and why.
    Other people can just give you their feedback and suggestions,
    which might just as well be wrong as it might be right.

    If you want more feedback on your particular type you go here!
    Thank you for your extensive answer!

    I agree, I have to figure it out myself through self-reflection! I‘ll keep on observing!


     

Similar Threads

  1. [7w8 3w4 8w9] vs [7w8 3w4 9w8] vs [7w8 3w4 8w7]
    By inlinesk8r in forum Enneagram Personality Theory Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-02-2018, 07:06 PM
  2. [Enneagram Type 7] Differences between 7w8 sp/sx, 7w8 sx/so, 7w8 so/sx, 7w8 sx/sp and 7w8 sp/so?
    By dawnriddler in forum Type 7 Forum - The Enthusiast
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-28-2017, 05:22 PM
  3. 8w7 vs 7w8?
    By Strong Bulk Brah in forum Enneagram Personality Theory Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-30-2015, 07:02 PM
  4. Difference between 7w8 3w4 9w8 and 7w8 3w2 8w7
    By NTlazerman in forum Enneagram Personality Theory Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2015, 09:42 PM
  5. [Enneagram Type 8] What is the difference between 8w7, 3w4, 5w6 and 8w7, 5w6, 3w4?
    By Negativity Bias in forum Type 8 Forum - The Challenger
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-09-2013, 06:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:28 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0