Who is 4w5 with a 479 tritype on this forum?

Who is 4w5 with a 479 tritype on this forum?

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Thank Tree10Thanks

This is a discussion on Who is 4w5 with a 479 tritype on this forum? within the Enneagram Personality Theory Forum forums, part of the Personality Type Forums category; Just for fun, who's also 4w5 and 479 tritype on this forum? I usually see the Gentle Spirit paired with ...

  1. #1
    Type 4w5

    Who is 4w5 with a 479 tritype on this forum?

    Just for fun, who's also 4w5 and 479 tritype on this forum? I usually see the Gentle Spirit paired with 4w3, but i'd like to know if this combination is popular in here.

    Do you think that 5 wing might interfere with that 7 high-spirited energy?



  2. #2
    Type 4

    Good luck! I've been trying to find an INFJ with a 469 tritype that has either a 4 or a 6 core. :D

  3. #3
    Type 4w5

    Quote Originally Posted by Lunatics View Post
    Good luck! I've been trying to find an INFJ with a 469 tritype that has either a 4 or a 6 core. :D
    I know a youtuber who's a core 6w7 INFJ but she's 614 though. I personally think that 469 tritype is more common in INFPs and ISFPs.
    Lunatics thanked this post.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Type 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Karkino View Post
    I know a youtuber who's a core 6w7 INFJ but she's 614 though. I personally think that 469 tritype is more common in INFPs and ISFPs.
    Yeah, I agree to an extent it is more natural for an INFP/ISFP to be a Seeker but actually it's not exclusive just to them. There's a blog post here that lists most common MBTI types and INFJ is there.

    That's why I was curious to hear how it plays out for the INFJ because I can imagine a lot of conflicting feelings and desires, plus not a typical Seeker. At least this is how it comes out for me. For a long time I believed I'm a 1 as my gut fix but it's actually a 9 as I'm much more conflict-averse. I've also realised that when you're trying to differentiate and pinpoint an enneagram type/archetype you need to "separate" yourself from MBTI and any other typology. Distinguishing your energies then becomes a bit easier. There were some INFJ Seekers lurking around PerC few years ago but they no longer seem to be active. Hope someone shares their Seeker experiences eventually. :D

    Check out that blog I shared. You may find something useful there for you, too. :)
    Karkino thanked this post.

  6. #5

    I am 749 and am ESFP!
    Karkino thanked this post.

  7. #6
    Type 4w5

    Quote Originally Posted by Lunatics View Post
    Yeah, I agree to an extent it is more natural for an INFP/ISFP to be a Seeker but actually it's not exclusive just to them. There's a blog post here that lists most common MBTI types and INFJ is there.

    That's why I was curious to hear how it plays out for the INFJ because I can imagine a lot of conflicting feelings and desires, plus not a typical Seeker. At least this is how it comes out for me. For a long time I believed I'm a 1 as my gut fix but it's actually a 9 as I'm much more conflict-averse. I've also realised that when you're trying to differentiate and pinpoint an enneagram type/archetype you need to "separate" yourself from MBTI and any other typology. Distinguishing your energies then becomes a bit easier. There were some INFJ Seekers lurking around PerC few years ago but they no longer seem to be active. Hope someone shares their Seeker experiences eventually. :D

    Check out that blog I shared. You may find something useful there for you, too. :)
    Yeah, Seekers come from all walk of life to be honest, like most of the Archetypes. You're also right when you say that in order to separate your MBTI type from your Enneatype in order to garner better accuracy, especially Tritype. From my personal experience, finding my actual tritype was a pain... I immediately stuck with the 459 archetype at first, because it fits well with a 4w5 INFP, but something as definitively missing from the Contemplative description. Everything as a bit too hermetic and air-tight. I then went for 469, then 479, then back to 459... even considered 471 and 451 for a bit! But in the end, 479 was a perfect fit. I definitively possess the gentle, magical energy of the archetype even if I don't always fit with the 7 energy. The fact that I have a 5 wing was very tricky for me, since I feel both the pull of 5's desire thirst for knowledge depth and 7's need for variety and lightness.

    Oh, and is it me or 469's description seems a bit too negative? All this doubtful and questioning energy...I mean :(
    Lunatics thanked this post.

  8. #7
    Type 4w5

    Quote Originally Posted by Glenda Gnome Starr View Post
    I am 749 and am ESFP!
    That's a pretty upbeat combination! How do you deal with the Seven and Four energy mix?

  9. #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Karkino View Post
    That's a pretty upbeat combination! How do you deal with the Seven and Four energy mix?
    Well, for sure, I have trouble sitting still! I want to touch and experience everything and I love to share the stories of my experiences. It can get exhausting at times, however.
    Karkino thanked this post.

  10. #9
    Type 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Karkino View Post
    Yeah, Seekers come from all walk of life to be honest, like most of the Archetypes. You're also right when you say that in order to separate your MBTI type from your Enneatype in order to garner better accuracy, especially Tritype. From my personal experience, finding my actual tritype was a pain... I immediately stuck with the 459 archetype at first, because it fits well with a 4w5 INFP, but something as definitively missing from the Contemplative description. Everything as a bit too hermetic and air-tight. I then went for 469, then 479, then back to 459... even considered 471 and 451 for a bit! But in the end, 479 was a perfect fit. I definitively possess the gentle, magical energy of the archetype even if I don't always fit with the 7 energy. The fact that I have a 5 wing was very tricky for me, since I feel both the pull of 5's desire thirst for knowledge depth and 7's need for variety and lightness.

    Oh, and is it me or 469's description seems a bit too negative? All this doubtful and questioning energy...I mean :(
    Hahah, I think 4s have the natural drive to seek to ascribe themselves to something because of their need to truly know themselves. We feel embarrassed about admitting that we haven't that one figured out since how can one claim to be authentic and significant when he/she doesn't even know who he/she is in the first place, right?!

    We've all been there. Self-exploration and self-awareness are difficult things. We're far more objective and observant of others than ourselves. For me it's been also a journey. Initially I went with 461 because it's what naturally came out from my enneagram tests. However, the description didn't click satisfactorily enough for me until I found that one here (check it out if you're curious, there are many 4-core tritype descriptions). Afterwards, for a couple of years I found myself slowly deviating from it and I had started to think something is wrong with me. Then recently I sat down and reflected on what my key life goals/drives are. I paired it down to peace, contentment, beauty, love and acceptance. Obviously there are specific caveats in terms of when I feel like I derive these and live in such a manner. I realised as a self-proclaimed 461 I'm totally going about my existential drives in a wrong way since I've been working myself to death, doing things I don't like in order to portray my value to people I didn't really know or care about. I caught myself that I've been unconsciously 'cheating' on myself out of fear that I need to do certain things, I need to go the hard way because that's what society glorifies - having it all! Career, family, good friends, good hobbies, social status, etc. If I pushed myself a bit longer , living by my false 1-gut fix that all needs to be perfect in my life so I feel worthy and from there content, I probably would have bitten the dust. I concluded I needed far less achievements, money and social expression to feel at peace. In fact, I feel most at peace in nature alone with my loved one(s).

    What also really helped me is that my partner has a definite 1-gut fix in his tritype and that really made me realise how different my 1 energy is than his. To a point where I started to doubt my 1 energy. I went on a full Internet dig after that. I found all sources I could on both 461 and 469, 1w9 and 9w1. Read blogposts, forum threads, watched YouTube videos and recorded live archetype panels where people discussed their type. All in all I grasped the enneagram is a very complicated and complex system. You have to understand that your core matters first and so does your instinctual stacking. Those two would influence your personality and how you cope with situations the most. Then for the other two energies in your archetypes I learned that you have to look on them as 'flavours'. So what I did is I read on the basic desires, fears, integration and disintegration processes of 1,4,6 and 9 on this website. I summarised the most similarities and relied more on that info instead of on the full archetype one which tends to be inclined towards a description of a person with one core only which influences the whole nature and behavioural direction of the profile. I really believe that your core matters a lot on how your tritype will play out. And the further down an energy is in your tritype the less influence it will have on you. Last but not least, I went with the tritype that gave me the least anxiety and the most relief. A 4 has the propensity to 'create' its personality in the end of the day and being a nonchalant Seeker type over a stuck-up Philosopher felt like less trouble for me, lol. Funnily, it's exactly because of that 4-ish awareness and quality why a 4-core may find it most difficult than any other core type to identify their archetype. A 4's personality is a mold, a chameleon, ever-changing in different rates.

    It's slightly easier to type when you're extroverted than when you're introverted since there's so much more depth and hidden qualities in an introverted person. It's not all out on display there. So you've got the right to feel lost and take more time to find yourself. I think a 479 is a great tritype for the usually heavy 4! I can imagine a 4 that's not as dark,negative and tragic, or at least one that can easily pull back itself to the 'light' side. :) A 4 that more easily gets over bad situations, seeks out positive situations and people with more openness and one that more easily identifies toxic people which is a pretty useful skill to have in life. I imagine a quite dreamy and romantic 4. If that's you, then there's nothing to be ashamed of and you should stop trying to 'cut down' your wings by ascribing to a more rigid or tragic archetype. Also if you're 4w5 I can imagine that a way the 5 wing plays out for you is that you may be more bookish, inquisitive, seeking understanding which would only make your positive experiences more meaningful once you have done your 'research'. Simply put you look before you jump.

    I think the enneagram is a wonderful typology but it is flawed. There are limited descriptions and real life examples of people to truly see how the archetype part of it actualises itself in practice. It's slightly easier to type when you're extroverted than when you're introverted since there's so much more depth and hidden qualities in an introverted person. It's not all out on display there. So you've got the right to feel lost and take more time to find yourself.

    And you're right about the majority of the 469/Seeker descriptions sounding negative, lol. They really try to portray the type as this feeble and passive person. It may be the case if the Seeker has a core 9, bless, I do really feel sorry for people like that. But that doesn't account for Seekers with core 4 or core 6 which would naturally be reactive and emotionally expressive. The descriptions to me don't also account for any improved, matured types and mainly form a pretty unhealthy picture. That's why I focused more on the basic desires and fears bit as I mentioned to you a few paragraphs above. And also I was very happy to find the description quoted below from the previous link I shared because it helped me affirm my intuition that a 4 Seeker isn't as helpless, all-time insecure or passive. I can be assertive when I'm very passionate about something and under the right circumstances. ;)

    If Core 4: The most friendly 4. Due to the double Attachment fixations, they lack the aloofness of many 4s. They are still reserved, but are more responsive to others’ needs and less lost in their heads. They have more of a desire to share their inner life and to have it validated. They are still moody, but they have more of a sense of humor about themselves and their lives. Their creative work, while raw, is also welcoming.
    Last edited by Lunatics; 09-26-2019 at 08:35 AM.
    Karkino thanked this post.

  11. #10
    Type 4w5

    Quote Originally Posted by Lunatics View Post
    Hahah, I think 4s have the natural drive to seek to ascribe themselves to something because of their need to truly know themselves. We feel embarrassed about admitting that we haven't that one figured out since how can one claim to be authentic and significant when he/she doesn't even know who he/she is in the first place, right?!

    We've all been there. Self-exploration and self-awareness are difficult things. We're far more objective and observant of others than ourselves. For me it's been also a journey. Initially I went with 461 because it's what naturally came out from my enneagram tests. However, the description didn't click satisfactorily enough for me until I found that one here (check it out if you're curious, there are many 4-core tritype descriptions). Afterwards, for a couple of years I found myself slowly deviating from it and I had started to think something is wrong with me. Then recently I sat down and reflected on what my key life goals/drives are. I paired it down to peace, contentment, beauty, love and acceptance. Obviously there are specific caveats in terms of when I feel like I derive these and live in such a manner. I realised as a self-proclaimed 461 I'm totally going about my existential drives in a wrong way since I've been working myself to death, doing things I don't like in order to portray my value to people I didn't really know or care about. I caught myself that I've been unconsciously 'cheating' on myself out of fear that I need to do certain things, I need to go the hard way because that's what society glorifies - having it all! Career, family, good friends, good hobbies, social status, etc. If I pushed myself a bit longer , living by my false 1-gut fix that all needs to be perfect in my life so I feel worthy and from there content, I probably would have bitten the dust. I concluded I needed far less achievements, money and social expression to feel at peace. In fact, I feel most at peace in nature alone with my loved one(s).

    What also really helped me is that my partner has a definite 1-gut fix in his tritype and that really made me realise how different my 1 energy is than his. To a point where I started to doubt my 1 energy. I went on a full Internet dig after that. I found all sources I could on both 461 and 469, 1w9 and 9w1. Read blogposts, forum threads, watched YouTube videos and recorded live archetype panels where people discussed their type. All in all I grasped the enneagram is a very complicated and complex system. You have to understand that your core matters first and so does your instinctual stacking. Those two would influence your personality and how you cope with situations the most. Then for the other two energies in your archetypes I learned that you have to look on them as 'flavours'. So what I did is I read on the basic desires, fears, integration and disintegration processes of 1,4,6 and 9 on this website. I summarised the most similarities and relied more on that info instead of on the full archetype one which tends to be inclined towards a description of a person with one core only which influences the whole nature and behavioural direction of the profile. I really believe that your core matters a lot on how your tritype will play out. And the further down an energy is in your tritype the less influence it will have on you. Last but not least, I went with the tritype that gave me the least anxiety and the most relief. A 4 has the propensity to 'create' its personality in the end of the day and being a nonchalant Seeker type over a stuck-up Philosopher felt like less trouble for me, lol. Funnily, it's exactly because of that 4-ish awareness and quality why a 4-core may find it most difficult than any other core type to identify their archetype. A 4's personality is a mold, a chameleon, ever-changing in different rates.

    It's slightly easier to type when you're extroverted than when you're introverted since there's so much more depth and hidden qualities in an introverted person. It's not all out on display there. So you've got the right to feel lost and take more time to find yourself. I think a 479 is a great tritype for the usually heavy 4! I can imagine a 4 that's not as dark,negative and tragic, or at least one that can easily pull back itself to the 'light' side. :) A 4 that more easily gets over bad situations, seeks out positive situations and people with more openness and one that more easily identifies toxic people which is a pretty useful skill to have in life. I imagine a quite dreamy and romantic 4. If that's you, then there's nothing to be ashamed of and you should stop trying to 'cut down' your wings by ascribing to a more rigid or tragic archetype. Also if you're 4w5 I can imagine that a way the 5 wing plays out for you is that you may be more bookish, inquisitive, seeking understanding which would only make your positive experiences more meaningful once you have done your 'research'. Simply put you look before you jump.

    I think the enneagram is a wonderful typology but it is flawed. There are limited descriptions and real life examples of people to truly see how the archetype part of it actualises itself in practice. It's slightly easier to type when you're extroverted than when you're introverted since there's so much more depth and hidden qualities in an introverted person. It's not all out on display there. So you've got the right to feel lost and take more time to find yourself.

    And you're right about the majority of the 469/Seeker descriptions sounding negative, lol. They really try to portray the type as this feeble and passive person. It may be the case if the Seeker has a core 9, bless, I do really feel sorry for people like that. But that doesn't account for Seekers with core 4 or core 6 which would naturally be reactive and emotionally expressive. The descriptions to me don't also account for any improved, matured types and mainly form a pretty unhealthy picture. That's why I focused more on the basic desires and fears bit as I mentioned to you a few paragraphs above. And also I was very happy to find the description quoted below from the previous link I shared because it helped me affirm my intuition that a 4 Seeker isn't as helpless, all-time insecure or passive. I can be assertive when I'm very passionate about something and under the right circumstances. ;)

    Thanks for your reply!

    I personally always felt that tritype is like finding a perfect fitting shoe in a generic store : you won't find THE one perfect pair, but you will try one many before settling on one that you find the most appealing and comfortable. I have also found that even though people with the same tritype might have a lot of similarities between them personality-wise, they don't focus on the same core elements, especially with a different dominant instinct.

    Funny I went to the same websites over and over again :P


    I feel that my combination of 4w5 479 so/sx is especially dreamy and magical, given that I don't intially bother with self-preservation. I'm airy and absent-minded to a fault and this has gotten me into trouble many times. I think that having a double access to the head center give me a lot of fear-related anxiety, which might be exacerbated with my social instinct. Also, having no real gut energy means that going after something in the real world is very hard and tiresome. I often feel trapped inside my body, not knowing how to effectively micromanage its every needs and feeling irritated being inside it. I just wish I could glide outside of it and be a boundless soul wandering the world in search of touching and exciting stories.
    Lunatics thanked this post.


     
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-10-2019, 08:42 PM
  2. [Enneagram Type 4] Tritype 479?
    By Katy Linsao in forum Type 4 Forum - The Individualist
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-13-2016, 06:54 PM
  3. [Enneagram Type 4] 479 tritype
    By Sign of the Times in forum Type 4 Forum - The Individualist
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 04-23-2016, 11:54 PM
  4. [Enneagram Type 7] 479 tritype
    By Sign of the Times in forum Type 7 Forum - The Enthusiast
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-14-2013, 10:51 AM
  5. [Enneagram Type 9] 479 tritype
    By Sign of the Times in forum Type 9 Forum - The Peacemaker
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-16-2012, 02:05 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:20 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0