(Video) Help a poor, confused soul figure out their Enneagram type! - Page 2

(Video) Help a poor, confused soul figure out their Enneagram type!

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 18 of 18
Thank Tree9Thanks

This is a discussion on (Video) Help a poor, confused soul figure out their Enneagram type! within the Enneagram Personality Theory Forum forums, part of the Personality Type Forums category; Originally Posted by RedRedo Your replies in this thread read like a 5 or a 6. You've thought this out ...

  1. #11
    Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRedo View Post
    Your replies in this thread read like a 5 or a 6. You've thought this out the way a 5 or 6 would. 5 (perhaps along with 4) is most drawn to typology in general, unless your main focus really is just giving advice (2). And just being online skews the odds to 5 and 6, or 4 if you have a blog.
    Her replies really don't read like 5. A 5 would have narrowed down their type much more significantly and not come acrossed as so confused. A 5 would also tend to show more curiosity towards the different schools of the Enneagram regarding subtypes than she has shown (as would head types in general), asking for more information and so on. And a 5 getting "2w3" first on a Tritype test with no 5 score in the tritype result at all? As bad as those tests tend to be I don't see that as very likely.

    All types can be found online these days, that is a too prejudiced view. I have encountered several 2s online, and a lot of them are surprisingly geeky. 2s are curious to learn typology in order to better manipulate, seduce, or "make people happy." How she says things in the video is more revealing to me than what she says. And she says that her primary reason for going along with others is to make them happy. There is no sense of admiration or ideals, no identification with type 1 which you would find in the prudent 6s, and she also doesn't identify with hard work. She doesn't resemble a head type, she vibes much more like a feeling type.
    hal0hal0 thanked this post.

  2. #12
    Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsman of Mana View Post
    also, this is just my observations, but they seem the most connected to their instincts/bodies of the 5s, are often intensely sexual and have a certain dark allure about them (some things that come to mind immediately as Sexual 5-ish would be the band Evanescence, the Victorian Goth style and most Tim Burton/Johnny Depp collaborations ).
    I'm going to have to say that I kinda disagree with this Victorian Goth association with Sexual 5s (or even Victorian Goth with "intensely sexual"). It is a strange way to charactarize a type. I have some experience with the goth or general underground scene and have met quite a variety of types there including Sexual 1s, 2s, 4s, 5s, Sexual 6s, 7s, 8s...and among them 5s rarely bothered to dress the style as much as some of the other types...though black can be common.

    Then there's the further problem that 5s are more rare among celebrities than people think and a lot of artists and filmmakers are wrongly typed as 5s simply because they are "dark" or weird. I took a look at some interviews with Evanscence and none of them struck me as Sexual 5s, or even 5s:


    The singer seems like a Social 2, a type which seems to be drawn to the whole "gothic diva" thing.
    Tim Burton does appear to be a Sexual 5 though, but I'm not sure I would call him and his films "intensely sexual."

    Could you elaborate on how you view Sexual 5s as "intensely sexual"? I don't think I disagree, but I'm not sure what you're referring to.

  3. #13

    @ShadowPrince
    The singer seems like a Social 2, a type which seems to be drawn to the whole "gothic diva" thing.
    Tim Burton does appear to be a Sexual 5 though, but I'm not sure I would call him and his films "intensely sexual."
    ....what? you're gonna have to explain that one XD
    the only 2 I could see Amy as is Sexual 2. Social 2 typically comes off as having a brighter, "star" sort of energy about them (kind of like Sexual 3, but more emotionally available, less "porcelain" and often a bit more domineering). unlike both the Social 2 and the Self Preservation 2, which is more the "cute little (spoiled) angel", Sexual 2 is a darker, more bad boy/bad girl 2. (the charming scoundrel you want to keep your daughters away from, the seductive vampire who entices you stay around to use you for sustenance, the promiscuous bimbo you are afraid your daughter will turn out to be like. hell, Satan himself might have been a Sexual 2 lmao!)

    still, I think Sexual 4 or Sexual 5 are more likely for Amy.

    Could you elaborate on how you view Sexual 5s as "intensely sexual"? I don't think I disagree, but I'm not sure what you're referring to.
    Sexual 5 is among the most romantic types on the Enneagram. they are looking for the perfect person to "share their bubble" and pour all their energy into finding that person and, once that person is found, merging them in a manner similar to Sexual 9

    PS: I watched more of the video and agree with your Sp 2 typing for @TheCosmicCowgirl



    kaleidoscope thanked this post.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsman of Mana View Post
    ....what? you're gonna have to explain that one XD
    She simply reminds me of another Social 2 singer, Tarja Turunen, and the actress Jodi Lyn O'Keefe who I also type as Social 2 because there is much more competency, tastefulness and intelligence than you see in Sexual 2 women.



    What I can say without a doubt is that Amy is no 4 or 5. Type 5 women, even Sexual 5 women, are more awkward and have some degree of shyness or stutter to them that you don't see in Amy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsman of Mana View Post
    Sexual 5 is among the most romantic types on the Enneagram. they are looking for the perfect person to "share their bubble" and pour all their energy into finding that person and, once that person is found, merging them in a manner similar to Sexual 9
    I see. I thought you meant sexual in a more non-enneagram language way.

  6. #15

    @ShadowPrince @Swordsman of Mana @RedRedo @enneathusiast

    Here is something I wrote in reply to someone the other day about my identity problems. I thought maybe it'd be of some help in typing:


    The main thing that I'm trying to say is that I only see myself through everyone else's eyes. Other than that I have no idea what I am which has led to alot of issues obviously, especially with the type of people that I have most often been around. I'll try to sum this up as much as I can, but it's kind of complicated.

    When I was younger I never questioned when people tried to change me that they were trying to help me out of sincere caring and concern. So I would do whatever they wanted without question. Some examples would be changing my clothing/appearance, attitude, and even personality to fit the mold someone wanted for me. This happened with my peers, teachers, and even my parents to an extent. When you're a child, you're the most impressionable and that was the period of time I should have been figuring out "who I was" but I was too busy trying to please everyone around me. Looking back on it now, I feel like I should have been mad or sad about it but I wasn't. I only felt upset when I would change and then find that it wasn't enough for that person. They were never happy with me. I started to feel flawed and insignificant, like something must be wrong with me for so many people to try to change me. It wasn't the type of deal where I would sit around and mope about it all the time, I just felt upset in the moment that I couldn't be what they needed. It doesn't help when they're also calling you worthless, freak of nature, weird, ugly, etc. Now that I'm older I realize that these people were just controlling bullies but I haven't lost the feeling that I still don't have my own identity.

    I even remember in HS when I was friends with mostly Fi-doms wanting to be sort of emo because they were. I would try to feel deep emotions and I would try to make myself sad and depressed but I've just never been dark enough. It's like I can't feel these emotions for myself, only for other people. That's what I mean about not feeling these emotions for myself. I feel them, but not for me... only for other people. It leaves you feeling sort of empty inside. I hope that makes sense.

    The closest I've come to knowing my own identity it is through my artistic endeavors, because at least it's something I created. This is what I was referring to with inferior Se, because the only thing that is real to me is something that is physically tangible. However, all my artistic pursuits contain subject matter that is focused around other people, so it's almost back to square one. I've I would definitely say I've made my art my "identity" which is also somewhat superficial I suppose.

    Having said all this though, I realize that I willingly let all this stuff happen. My identity issues are really nobody's fault but my own because I willingly let people control me. I'm trying to consciously make efforts to stop this people-pleasing behavior, so I'm on the right path I think. But I still think I'll never really know myself.
    I'm starting to think 2 might fit, but I'm having issues with the self-preservation typing. Here's the weird deal with that... I suppose I am self-preserving in the sense that I'm always looking to keep things from going wrong, and foreseeing any issues that might crop up. I am definitely a problem solver/troubleshooter. However, that usually translates to those around me. When we were having a financial crisis, I was willing to give up my dream to support my mom. I do feel a great deal of responsibility but I wouldn't call myself responsible. I actually hate obligations being placed on me for this reason... because I feel an overwhelming sense of pressure and I worry that I might not live up to the expectation. I actually have alot of self doubt, but I don't want anyone to know it. Staying calm and appearing in control is part of the image I want to convey. If somebody could hear what goes on inside, they wouldn't take me seriously.

    Reasons I don't see myself as self-preserving is because I don't care about comfort, security, or my surroundings. In fact, if it was just me I had to worry about I would probably be a traveling musician living in the back of a van. Of course I can see all the possibilities of how that would be unsafe, and I would work to minimize those possibilities, but I would still take the risk. It would be invigorating.

    BTW, in that Madonna interview I can kind of relate to her replies. She seems to have the same speech style as me, but I feel like I can be alot more expressive than her. In the video I made, I was actually very tired and I was trying to be quiet because my mom was in the other room, so that might've skewed it a bit. I feel like if I were to be interviewed by someone, I would be a little more lighthearted, trying to make jokes and such. I would say that I'm more non-serious than serious in everyday life. I laugh loud and I like to have fun. I appear serious in my videos though because I'm talking about serious subjects.

    I do not really resonate with Amy Lee at all. She actually seems alot more like a 4 to me but that's my opinion. She talked about enjoying a sort of low that she gets on, which I don't understand. She talks about putting her feelings into songs which again, doesn't really resonate with me. All of her songs have a dark/depressing vibe and I seem to only be able to write happy songs or songs with happy endings even when I consciously try to write something depressing. When I'm pissed the best songs usually come out of it, but they're always about overcoming your obstacle and they're for everyone, not just me or some emotion I want to get out. I very much feel like my purpose in life is to encourage and empower others. On the other hand though, I do tend to listen to mostly music that has a dark, sardonic, or sci-fi theme. It doesn't seem to effect my actual mood, I'm just sort of attracted to it.

    Sexual 5 is among the most romantic types on the Enneagram. they are looking for the perfect person to "share their bubble" and pour all their energy into finding that person and, once that person is found, merging them in a manner similar to Sexual 9
    I do really relate to this. I'm always imagining what it might be like to be with someone who completely understands me. I would literally share everything with them. I would give them everything. Of course that's not realistic though. I won't even bother "dating" someone if I can't get some kind of mental connection with them. And of course I'm so strange that it usually doesn't happen, that I really connect with someone that is. But I do often imagine what it would be like...
    Last edited by TheCosmicCowgirl; 08-05-2014 at 04:01 PM.

  7. #16
    Unknown

    If I ever had any doubt that you were a 2, then it is gone now. 2s are shape-shifters, just as you described yourself to your friend and that is also what I see in Amy Lee who is simply trying to fit into the genre. She may talk about low moods and trying to be genuine but she doesn't carry herself like a 4 at all. Too confident and talkative, even for a Sexual 4, and I checked several interviews.

    For example, in this one she says that she was afraid to be happy or write happy because "it's not cool or something" (and she says it with a similar annoyance as you did when talking about negative 4s in your video). She seems relieved that she went ahead and broke the pressure to be gloomy.



    Would a 4 really say something like this about other 4s?
    "... [they are] describing happiness as lithium, like it's numbness, 'I won't be an artist anymore if I'm happy'...which is hilarious...because I'm happy [and I'm an artist]."

    She really does look like she prefers to be happy, I see no pessimism or torment in her at all in a single interview, not even when she talks about her supposedly low moods. She's almost 7-like at times.


    Addition: about the Self-preservation thing. A Self-Preservation 2 is not going to have the same focus on self-preservation as other types. The type and instinct always mix in a unique way, so there's no general way of describing the instincts in a definite way or how it's going to manifest itself. You have to look at the actual subtype descriptions.
    Swordsman of Mana thanked this post.

  8. #17

    @TheCosmicCowgirl
    Watched some of the videos in your signature. Sounds like your interest in personality type has something to do with understanding relationships. If so, that could be a clue to your type.

  9. #18

    @ShadowPrince
    not sure of her type, but <333 Tarja Turunen!





     
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Help type this confused soul!
    By LeFrozt in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 10:27 AM
  2. Can you please help me figure out my enneagram type?
    By Vianna in forum What's my Enneagram type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-02-2013, 03:53 AM
  3. Help me figure out my Enneagram type
    By cudibloop in forum What's my Enneagram type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-11-2013, 07:19 AM
  4. Please help me figure out my enneagram type!
    By laylay918 in forum What's my Enneagram type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 07:58 AM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 02:32 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:22 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0