I need your help! Lately, I've been entertaining the idea that I may not be an ENTJ. Certainly, I test ENTJ, but I usually score around 55/45 on the N-S axis. This gives us a few alternatives: perhaps the MBTI is biased towards intuition for Americans, since we have a culture where being imaginative and creative is part of everyone's self-image. This means I could very well be an ESTJ. Or: the test is accurate, and I'm some sort of ExTJ hybrid. Or: it is one way or the other, so if I'm testing ENTJ, then that's the way it is, and this kind of navel-gazing self-analysis is just intuition with too much time on its hands.
So I have a few questions for you guys:
1) Do you interrupt other people? Supposedly intuitives do this a lot. I almost never interrupt anyone, and when I do, feel unpleasant about it.
2) Do you prefer fiction or non-fiction? While you probably read both, which do you value more? Supposedly this question sorts out sensing from intuition; I'm curious how it looks in the eyes of other thinking dominants.
3) Would you rather live to work, or work to live? Again, while I understand many of you want to defy all categories, if you had to choose one or the other, what would it be?
4) How comfortable are you with generalizing? I often hear people say, "don't generalize." I wonder why not; while all generalizations necessarily have exceptions, the point of a generalization is to quickly arrive at a judgment that is likely/probably true.
5) Are you optimistic or pessimistic about the future? Are you optimistic or pessimistic about your life?
Thanks! And don't forget to vote in my poll!