[ENTJ] Ask an ENTJ a question - Page 202

Ask an ENTJ a question

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 202 of 429 FirstFirst ... 102 152 192 200 201 202 203 204 212 252 302 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 4286
Thank Tree4038Thanks

This is a discussion on Ask an ENTJ a question within the ENTJ Forum - The Executives forums, part of the NT's Temperament Forum- The Intellects category; What is the cheesiest pick up line you've ever heard?...

  1. #2011
    ENFJ

    What is the cheesiest pick up line you've ever heard?
    Scoobyscoob thanked this post.

  2. #2012
    ENFJ

    Next question: How does one meet a nice ENTJ man in real life and get to know them better?


    Asking for a friend. (Me)

  3. #2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobyscoob View Post
    That story sounds one sided. Why is the ENTJ freaking out? Is the INTP failing to follow through on deliverables? Probably not, if it comes to an INTP's area of expertise. Is someone failing to deliver on promises? Because if everyone is doing their job and expectations are being met, then there's no reason to "freak out and become total control freaks". Bullshit. Someone is slacking off in that work place from the sound of it. Either that or he doesn't trust some of his workers as far as he can throw them. I'd get out of that business arrangement ASAP although I wouldn't end up working with people I have no faith in performing their jobs and delivering on promises to begin with.
    The ENTJ is freaking out because he feels like he needs to do the work now and it has to be done right. That's all there is to it, I know it sounds one sided, and the INTP has done his mistakes, too of course, but he is willing to discuss it. The entj won't take any criticism and has a wtf reply to anything that he perceieves to be even minimally judgemental. Basically everyone is doing their job excpet for the entj who keeps interrupting work for the purpose of freaking out, and taking production back because of his antics. Then he realises this is counter productive and starts functioning again. This is an extreme example of an entj, and, most importantly, of extreme living conditions (working 24/7), an unhealthy entj that's why I asked my question originally, to see if any of you identify with this sort of behaviour when under extreme stress.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobyscoob View Post
    *sigh* How you say something is to some, as important or more important than what you're actually saying. Telling someone, "Your idea sucks!" is both an asshole thing to say and it's completely non-constructive feedback and is pointless to say to someone. If you approached the same person and said, "Well, your idea will have some difficult problems here and we don't have the resources for that so we can't follow up on this idea. We have this idea which will be less problematic, we have the resources and will go on to meet our stated goals more closely. Because of that, we're with *person*''s idea instead." that is way more constructive and less assholish than saying someone's idea sucks without explaining why. Oh and the TJ stereotyping you're doing sounds nothing like me and is definitely not typical ENTJ behavior. Such a place sounds dysfunctional once clear roles were established and it sounds to me that people need to be reshuffled around.

    At any rate, I would blame such dysfunction on poor management in general.
    Yeah that was stereotyping, I was kinda mad at the time, sorry. Why do you think it's the roles that are at fault and not the people though?

  4. #2014

    Quote Originally Posted by mangodelic psycho View Post
    The ENTJ is freaking out because he feels like he needs to do the work now and it has to be done right. That's all there is to it, I know it sounds one sided, and the INTP has done his mistakes, too of course, but he is willing to discuss it. The entj won't take any criticism and has a wtf reply to anything that he perceieves to be even minimally judgemental. Basically everyone is doing their job excpet for the entj who keeps interrupting work for the purpose of freaking out, and taking production back because of his antics. Then he realises this is counter productive and starts functioning again. This is an extreme example of an entj, and, most importantly, of extreme living conditions (working 24/7), an unhealthy entj that's why I asked my question originally, to see if any of you identify with this sort of behaviour when under extreme stress.
    No, what you wrote sounds like the exact opposite of how I'd behave under stress. So I can't relate to what you wrote at all and what you wrote honestly sounds fake to me. I can't ever imagine myself working even close to every waking hour, every day of the week and outside of a high production manufacturing facility would be impossible to do anyway. My time in the military was by far the most stressful time in my life and even then, as a person in a leadership position, a person quickly learns to either lead by example or leave everyone alone and let them do their thing. Most of manufacturing is following a recipe on how to build whatever is being built. Which is why freaking out over people manufacturing things makes absolutely no sense if you know how most factories work. Can you give clearer examples of what's going on and what he's doing that's interfering with everyone else? Because so far nothing you've said would even suggest ENTJ other than going by some stereotypes that don't even apply to ENTJs.

    Yeah that was stereotyping, I was kinda mad at the time, sorry. Why do you think it's the roles that are at fault and not the people though?
    Because I like to think people don't want to willingly be incompetent at their job. However sometimes people end up in something they thought they'd like but ending up hating or are unqualified for. That happens at small companies that don't manage to grow so roles begin to form themselves at work.
    Sour Roses thanked this post.

  5. #2015
    ENTJ - The Executives

    Quote Originally Posted by mangodelic psycho View Post
    The ENTJ is freaking out because he feels like he needs to do the work now and it has to be done right. That's all there is to it, I know it sounds one sided, and the INTP has done his mistakes, too of course, but he is willing to discuss it. The entj won't take any criticism and has a wtf reply to anything that he perceieves to be even minimally judgemental. Basically everyone is doing their job excpet for the entj who keeps interrupting work for the purpose of freaking out, and taking production back because of his antics. Then he realises this is counter productive and starts functioning again. This is an extreme example of an entj, and, most importantly, of extreme living conditions (working 24/7), an unhealthy entj that's why I asked my question originally, to see if any of you identify with this sort of behaviour when under extreme stress.



    Yeah that was stereotyping, I was kinda mad at the time, sorry. Why do you think it's the roles that are at fault and not the people though?
    I think this is a matter of perception. As you said, he just wants the work done now, and done properly. Doesn't sound too unreasonable. The "freaking out" (what does that mean?) will be happening if there is massive inefficiency, or the ENTJ can see that something in the process is going to effect the outcome. I'd get really mad too if this were the case.

    The ENTJ dominant-tertiary loop is Te-Se, which can be ugly and micromanaging when unhealthy. It doesn't mak ENTJs "freak out" under stress, but it does make them controlling, focusing too much on process and magnifying mistakes that their Ni-Fi might allow for.

    It is very easy to be offended by criticism, or dislike your boss and assume they're a psychopath because they hurt your feels when trying to get results. Before diagnosing them with anything have a really good look at your team and the criticisms put forward by the person in question. Were there real, substantial problems (don't minimize them if there were, and say he was nit-picking), were his responses and actions proportionate to the problem, given everything that is riding on this outcome. See if you can articulate your problem, is it with his choice of action, or is it how he made you feel? ENTJs strive to be as objective as possible, and if you can point out an error of logic or an emotional overreaction we will modify our behaviour.

    If you think it's serious and there's no hope, go to his superiors. Make sure you have people on-side though, document everything and make sure your case is water-tight, because if he can show he was in the right and make you look like the squeaky wheel on this machine then it may have serious repercussions for you. When an ENTJ decides to cut you down, we make sure you don't get back up.

  6. #2016
    ENTJ

    Quote Originally Posted by savewith View Post
    My Boss he said he is ENTJ and recently found out the MBTI and now try to explain everything with MBTI or Jungian theory. eg. you don't have NT so you cannot do what I can do so you need to improve this. or you are F so you cannot make a clear decision. Is it real ENTJ personality? If ENTJ believes in something, something becomes everything?
    As long as you provide your boss with rationally sound arguments that justifies your differences (strengths and weaknesses as an employee) as an individual he will listen. As an ENTJ he is very open minded because he recognizes your importance to him and the company. @Rebecca.M You're completely correct. As over analytic individuals ENTJ's see the MBTI as a great tool for our personality type however, all individuals are unique in their own way. You can certainly use this as a strong point in your argument if you so choose.
    Sour Roses thanked this post.

  7. #2017
    ENTJ

    Quote Originally Posted by HGy View Post
    Next question: How does one meet a nice ENTJ man in real life and get to know them better?


    Asking for a friend. (Me)
    If you can catch them in between all that they're doing. Take me for example: I'm taking 6 college courses, hold a part time job, volunteer at a hospital and as a piano player for assisted living homes, am a member of 6 + collegiate organizations, and play on a soccer team. My only free day is Saturday and most of the time you can find me hiking in the mountains then. If you happen to find one then getting to know us should be easy since most of us can talk your ear off. lol :D

    As for the cheesy pick up line. I haven't really heard any lines that were gouda.
    HGy thanked this post.

  8. #2018
    ENTP

    So ENTJ guys and girls, how much does it bother/annoy you when you have to deal with people of "perceiving" type specially when it comes to their lack of organization skills? Would you really want ore prefer them around you as coworker, friends or romantic partners?

  9. #2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Mturn View Post
    As for the cheesy pick up line. I haven't really heard any lines that were gouda.
    If you were to something like this to me congratulations. You managed to make me smile.

  10. #2020
    ENTJ - The Executives

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheila24 View Post
    So ENTJ guys and girls, how much does it bother/annoy you when you have to deal with people of "perceiving" type specially when it comes to their lack of organization skills? Would you really want ore prefer them around you as coworker, friends or romantic partners?
    This is sort of case-by-case.

    INTPs: Can work alongside, wouldn't date, fine as friends but a little too self-centred
    ENTPs: Imagine all of the above with Bart Simpson
    INFPs: Can work alongside if they tame their emo, have dated but they're too focused on their own feels, amazing friends
    ENFPs: The ones I know are funemployed, open-relationship? Fantastic friends
    ISFPs: Couldn't work with one, just no. Dated one, it was... intense. Could not find two more intensely different people.
    ESFPs: Would consider working with one in a fun environment, easy-going friends, couldn't date one.
    ISTP: Can work with them if we're independent of one-another, quite like them as friends, am in a relationship with one.
    ESTPs: Really effective in a team, ran a company with one and it was like Wolf of Wall Street. Friends... kind of. With the ones I know I'd trust them about as far as I can throw them, but we get along really well on a surface level. Wouldn't date one. They talk too much.

    The lack of organisation can frustrate me, but it's my strength and I don't mind managing other people. Perceiving in itself isn't necessarily a bad thing, my ISTP is really organised when he needs to be, but I look at other types and don't know how they make it through a single day, let alone their entire life bumping into things and being directionless.

    You're an ENTP, find a nice INFJ who will subtly direct you.
    Handsome Jack and Sheila24 thanked this post.


     

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTJ] Some question to ENTJ, from INFP
    By Allskyblue in forum ENTJ Forum - The Executives
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-25-2016, 06:08 PM
  2. [INFP] Ask an ENTJ a question!
    By FancyProseStyle in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 02-15-2015, 09:08 AM
  3. [ENTJ] Enneatype and ENTJ Question
    By RobynC in forum ENTJ Forum - The Executives
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-28-2014, 01:07 AM
  4. [ENTJ] Question about ENTJ's and Te
    By SweetPickles in forum ENTJ Forum - The Executives
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-25-2012, 05:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:31 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0