[ENTJ] Ask an ENTJ a question - Page 51

Ask an ENTJ a question

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 51 of 428 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 4272
Thank Tree4025Thanks

This is a discussion on Ask an ENTJ a question within the ENTJ Forum - The Executives forums, part of the NT's Temperament Forum- The Intellects category; Originally Posted by Lesuhlee Shit....3 days ago. Answer A1: Tupac song made me cry. (Pms, yo). Answer A2: had no ...

  1. #501
    ENTJ - The Executives

    Quote Originally Posted by Lesuhlee View Post
    Shit....3 days ago.
    Answer A1: Tupac song made me cry. (Pms, yo).

    Answer A2: had no clue it was a Tupac song.
    once in a while you found decent lyrics without the N word repeated thousand times and some others coloured words.
    Lesuhlee thanked this post.

  2. #502
    ENTJ - The Executives

    Quote Originally Posted by lordmercurio View Post
    once in a while you found decent lyrics without the N word repeated thousand times and some others coloured words.
    Don't know the title; and clearly I'm not a Tupac aficionado. Though this song in question had lyrics that referenced the struggle of women to fight the odds and keep calm/ carry on in the face of motherhood, chauvinism, poverty, and other things.

    I had just parked my truck and sighed after working 10hrs only to learn before clocking out I was being reprimanded for working too hard.

    The song came on; I heard the lyrics; tears came out of nowhere; and when the levee breaks, mama you gotta move.

  3. #503
    ENTJ - The Executives

    Anyone else here sceptical to kindness given from others?

    A compliment, something done for you, generosity. They make me a little uncomfortable. Feel there is some other motive behind their actions.

  4. #504
    ENTJ - The Executives

    Quote Originally Posted by AshtangiBear View Post
    Anyone else here sceptical to kindness given from others?

    A compliment, something done for you, generosity. They make me a little uncomfortable. Feel there is some other motive behind their actions.
    Until I learned exactly what Fe was, it freaked me out; seemed over the top.

    At work with Fe leaders it seems condescending and I tend to call them out on it.

    One of the Fe managers: "Leslie you seem so tense, edgy all the time. Here I stopped by and picked up this at the store, I thought it might help. " hands over coloring book.

    Me: "Thank you, but going forward if I need something, I have the means to purchase it myself. It's not necessary for you to take on that role."

  5. #505
    ENTJ - The Executives

    Quote Originally Posted by AshtangiBear View Post
    Anyone else here sceptical to kindness given from others?

    A compliment, something done for you, generosity. They make me a little uncomfortable. Feel there is some other motive behind their actions.
    Depends on who it is coming from and why. It's often a societal norm of simple politeness, and was driven into my head to simply reply "thank you" or "no thank you."

    As I've aged, I've learned to allow others to nurture me sometimes, especially people I have grown to trust. I didn't always do this, feeling like I always had to be the "strong one." I'm comfortable with family, coworkers or friends giving a sincere gift because they simply thought of me, or calling me up and saying "Hey, I know you've been bogged/stressed, and I want to take you out to lunch for a break" kind of thing. I find myself reciprocating in kind when I realize the same with them. This is a refreshing, almost liberating change.

    However, I do watch for conditional expectations attached, and if someone is a stranger or new acquaintance offering a gift, flowery compliment, or attempting to nurture me, I find it intrusive, inappropriate, and it sends up red flags.
    MsBossyPants, maust and Lesuhlee thanked this post.

  6. #506
    ENTJ - The Executives

    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLilCookie View Post
    Depends on who it is coming from and why. It's often a societal norm of simple politeness, and was driven into my head to simply reply "thank you" or "no thank you."

    As I've aged, I've learned to allow others to nurture me sometimes, especially people I have grown to trust. I didn't always do this, feeling like I always had to be the "strong one." I'm comfortable with family, coworkers or friends giving a sincere gift because they simply thought of me, or calling me up and saying "Hey, I know you've been bogged/stressed, and I want to take you out to lunch for a break" kind of thing. I find myself reciprocating in kind when I realize the same with them. This is a refreshing, almost liberating change.

    However, I do watch for conditional expectations attached, and if someone is a stranger or new acquaintance offering a gift, flowery compliment, or attempting to nurture me, I find it intrusive, inappropriate, and it sends up red flags.
    Agreed. Growing up in the South, I'm comfortable with basic social niceties. Anything over the top-- especially in an environment where I feel it's inappropriate-- like in a corporate environment, is off-putting and triggers an alarm for defense in me.

  7. #507

    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLilCookie View Post
    Depends on who it is coming from and why. It's often a societal norm of simple politeness, and was driven into my head to simply reply "thank you" or "no thank you."

    As I've aged, I've learned to allow others to nurture me sometimes, especially people I have grown to trust. I didn't always do this, feeling like I always had to be the "strong one." I'm comfortable with family, coworkers or friends giving a sincere gift because they simply thought of me, or calling me up and saying "Hey, I know you've been bogged/stressed, and I want to take you out to lunch for a break" kind of thing. I find myself reciprocating in kind when I realize the same with them. This is a refreshing, almost liberating change.

    However, I do watch for conditional expectations attached, and if someone is a stranger or new acquaintance offering a gift, flowery compliment, or attempting to nurture me, I find it intrusive, inappropriate, and it sends up red flags.
    This ^^^. Exactly.

  8. #508
    Unknown Personality

    ENTJs, I have a question, or maybe a few. How well do you work with your hands? For example, are you skilled at taking things apart and putting them back together or maybe fixing things when they break like say installing a new screen in your phone? Also, are you artistic? do you express yourself through art or writing?

    Thanks

  9. #509

    Quote Originally Posted by muslamicinfidel View Post
    ENTJs, I have a question, or maybe a few. How well do you work with your hands? For example, are you skilled at taking things apart and putting them back together or maybe fixing things when they break like say installing a new screen in your phone? Also, are you artistic? do you express yourself through art or writing?

    Thanks
    Hell Yeah!

    Med student here! I have been dissecting things from the age of 6. My hands are quite steady. Also, I love tinkering with computers/building computers. I am quite good at troubleshooting gadgets from the hardware side.

    Artistically - I love to draw in charcoal. I have been drawing the human body from a very young age as well. In fact, I have internalized the human body and many surgical procedures by drawing them out in their glorious details. And I always had a knack for details. If I am not drawing to visualize and understand the human body better, I am drawing things surrounding the human body in details and through an almost scientific approach. Devil's in the details. That's how I express myself through art, I guess.
    muslamicinfidel thanked this post.

  10. #510
    ENTJ - The Executives

    Quote Originally Posted by muslamicinfidel View Post
    ENTJs, I have a question, or maybe a few. How well do you work with your hands? For example, are you skilled at taking things apart and putting them back together or maybe fixing things when they break like say installing a new screen in your phone? Also, are you artistic? do you express yourself through art or writing?

    Thanks
    I'm not always good at taking things apart and putting them back together, but I can and do, and have surprised myself a few times. Out of necessity, I have learned how to fix about every part on my pool filter system (I even helped a friend via Skype set hers up, part by part), I pull apart a small yard tractor and fix it, and in earlier days I used to be able to pull apart two computers to swap the parts around and make them one better one.

    I write poems and essays as a way to express emotions, and it's not something I can do forced. It's more a thing that stews in my head for awhile until it flows off my fingers in verse with pen and paper. I can't seem to capture the intimacy of it on the computer, either, so the original is written in longhand. And a strange artistic hobby of mine is creating historical and fantasy costumes.
    muslamicinfidel thanked this post.


     
Page 51 of 428 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTJ] Some question to ENTJ, from INFP
    By Allskyblue in forum ENTJ Forum - The Executives
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-25-2016, 07:08 PM
  2. [INFP] Ask an ENTJ a question!
    By FancyProseStyle in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 02-15-2015, 10:08 AM
  3. [ENTJ] Enneatype and ENTJ Question
    By RobynC in forum ENTJ Forum - The Executives
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-28-2014, 02:07 AM
  4. [ENTJ] Question about ENTJ's and Te
    By SweetPickles in forum ENTJ Forum - The Executives
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-25-2012, 06:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:25 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0