Are female ENTPs generally less witty and more shy than male ENTPs? - Page 3

Are female ENTPs generally less witty and more shy than male ENTPs?

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44
Thank Tree34Thanks

This is a discussion on Are female ENTPs generally less witty and more shy than male ENTPs? within the ENTP Forum- The Visionaries forums, part of the NT's Temperament Forum- The Intellects category; Originally Posted by Aridela Men are generally stronger than women, true. However, a trained martial artist who happens to be ...

  1. #21
    ENTP

    Quote Originally Posted by Aridela View Post
    Men are generally stronger than women, true.

    However, a trained martial artist who happens to be a lady, will probably overpower a weak to average male.
    Actually, I've known one girl that could kick most guys their ass. She could definitely kick my ass and she did once because I was "holding back" (in Muay Thai) and I ended up with my nose dripping blood all over the floor xD. Looking back it was quite comical as she was screaming "don't you fucking hold back!!" while I was sort of screaming back "I'm trying!!". She was training there for 6 years and I was fairly new. I remember people saying in the locker room that I better take her serious or I would end up with a broken nose or something (they were laughing about it). I was taking her serious although I must admit that I initially had difficulties with hitting back as hard as I would with other guys. Luckily (for me) I could get over it xD. Before that broken nose became a fact.

    P.S. That girl was very nice / friendly (we became sparring buddy's for a year or so)
    P.P.S. I wasn't doing it on purpose. I'm also not angry for getting my ass kicked for that (neither did anyone else), actually as I remember, the trainers were also threatening me for not punching hard enough...
    Aridela thanked this post.

  2. #22
    ENTP - The Visionaries

    This thread is strange.

    A person. With reason. Are who they choose to be.

    I am unsure why one would allow themselves to get "beat down" by the
    SJ mentality. Its a choice.

    I have had more traumatic shit happen in my youth
    then most will in 5 life times. Yet I never looked at it
    as stifling me. I looked at it even when I was
    as young as 6 I remember thinking the adults in my life were just
    wrong. And at that time I would have been right.

    I dont think young ENTP are susceptible to societal pressures
    to a large degree at all. I just dont see that. Maybe I say that
    because I didnt feel any. Lord knows I had them shoved down
    my throat. But even then I thought it was all bull shit.

    The only difference that should exist between male/female ENTP
    are a few chemicals and the whole penis vagina thing.
    Everything else is a choice. BY THE ENTP. Not other people or
    bad parents or society or church or school. By the ENTP themselves.

    There is a case to be made for complete indoctrination.
    Yet if living in what one considers a first world and/or educated
    society? Indoctrination wont happen to an ENTP. It just wont.
    Impossible I think.

  3. #23

    Quote Originally Posted by FueledByEvil View Post
    This thread is strange.

    A person. With reason. Are who they choose to be.

    I am unsure why one would allow themselves to get "beat down" by the
    SJ mentality. Its a choice.

    I have had more traumatic shit happen in my youth
    then most will in 5 life times. Yet I never looked at it
    as stifling me. I looked at it even when I was
    as young as 6 I remember thinking the adults in my life were just
    wrong. And at that time I would have been right.

    I dont think young ENTP are susceptible to societal pressures
    to a large degree at all. I just dont see that. Maybe I say that
    because I didnt feel any. Lord knows I had them shoved down
    my throat. But even then I thought it was all bull shit.

    The only difference that should exist between male/female ENTP
    are a few chemicals and the whole penis vagina thing.
    Everything else is a choice. BY THE ENTP. Not other people or
    bad parents or society or church or school. By the ENTP themselves.

    There is a case to be made for complete indoctrination.
    Yet if living in what one considers a first world and/or educated
    society? Indoctrination wont happen to an ENTP. It just wont.
    Impossible I think.
    Whilst taking ownership of your own fate is excellent advice, I think societal pressures do play a part in how people develop, or at least to how they express themselves outwardly.
    Necrofantasia thanked this post.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    ENTP - The Visionaries

    Quote Originally Posted by Aridela View Post
    Whilst taking ownership of your own fate is excellent advice, I think societal pressures do play a part in how people develop, or at least to how they express themselves outwardly.
    I agree. Yet I as an ENTP am claiming that I can see them.
    I can either choose to accept them or I can choose to not.

    As stated even from a very young age I was pressured
    into a plethora of lifestyles. Even at 6. 6 years old.
    I can clearly remember thinking that it was a choice to do so.

    I stand by that; I dont think ENTP can be swayed by that, all influential like.
    We may, as ENTP CHOOSE to follow or not. Yet as an ENTP you should
    see clearly.
    polluxs thanked this post.

  6. #25
    ENTP

    Quote Originally Posted by FueledByEvil View Post
    I agree. Yet I as an ENTP am claiming that I can see them.
    I can either choose to accept them or I can choose to not.

    As stated even from a very young age I was pressured
    into a plethora of lifestyles. Even at 6. 6 years old.
    I can clearly remember thinking that it was a choice to do so.

    I stand by that; I dont think ENTP can be swayed by that, all influential like.
    We may, as ENTP CHOOSE to follow or not. Yet as an ENTP you should
    see clearly.
    Did you also have moments of social pressure where you literally rather drop dead than to engage in it? This might sound like an over-exaggeration (and I'm certain for most situations it was if actually confronted with death for it). But this is the best explanation I have for the feeling of such a pressure can indulge into me.

    Edit: to clarify, I'm interested in what emotions came up if people try to limit your choices under threat

  7. #26

    Quote Originally Posted by FueledByEvil View Post
    I agree. Yet I as an ENTP am claiming that I can see them.
    I can either choose to accept them or I can choose to not.

    As stated even from a very young age I was pressured
    into a plethora of lifestyles. Even at 6. 6 years old.
    I can clearly remember thinking that it was a choice to do so.

    I stand by that; I dont think ENTP can be swayed by that, all influential like.
    We may, as ENTP CHOOSE to follow or not. Yet as an ENTP you should
    see clearly.
    That's interesting.

    I have experienced situations where I honestly thought I had little choice - especially as a child.

    But, then again, it could be down to personality/enneagram.

  8. #27
    ENTP - The Visionaries

    Quote Originally Posted by polluxs View Post
    Did you also have moments of social pressure where you literally rather drop dead than to engage in it? This might sound like an over-exaggeration (and I'm certain for most situations it was if actually confronted with death for it). But this is the best explanation I have for the feeling of such a pressure can indulge into me.
    My comments where certainly not to say I may not be swayed given
    context. That can and does happen. Depends on my goals. It is the ability
    to see it happen and except that it is and choosing for yourself that
    I assume ENTP can/should do.

    I am not right or even close to it on most things. I do listen and learn from
    others. Yet the act of blaming the past as a reason for current is just a lie
    for an ENTP. Just a lie. Well its a lie for any type yet I may assume
    that for ENTP it is just blatantly being ignorant.

    Yes I have been in situations where peer/societal pressure has made me
    go against my grain. Yet in small unassuming things only.

    Heres a great example of not conforming that got me in some crap....
    When i was young I moved to the States, deep south.
    I lived in the middle of nowhere. The town was still somewhat segregated
    by race. The whites had one part of town, Mexicans the other and blacks another.
    Now this wasn't an unwritten rule. this was blatantly obvious. Some restaurants
    would only sit other races by doors and had certain sections and the like.
    It was pretty strange. My family member's at the time worked within that system.
    They decided that for them it was the community that set their morals and what not.

    I used to get my ass kicked and/or fight on a regular to hang out with black kids/ Mexican.
    Heres the kicker. Really took me for a loop.

    I took a bus to school from the middle of nowhere. Was a 2 hour walk to the bus stop
    and a further 45min drive to get to the school.

    Well a black pal of mine decided he was going to sit in the cool white kid portion
    of said bus. Well the Coolest white kid was not having that. He started to
    pick on the black kid. I jumped in out of sheer disgust and started to pummel
    the cool white boy. Well when I got off the bus? The black kid kicked the crap out
    of me for sticking up for him. He claimed the beatings would now get worse.
    I called him a coward. As he was. They all were. Living in their little bubbles for
    protection. All the kids less a select few where living in that system with nary
    an inkling of self doubt or realizing that the very actions they took betrayed
    there own damn words. Lazy. Fear. Morally retarded. All to fit in.

    You see in that situation I could have let my future pal (me and the black kid became great pals)
    just get his arse beat and let the lie continue. I made a choice.
    Against what I was taught. Against the norm. I made a choice wrought from my
    own morals and observations at an age where I had no idea what morals and
    societal pressures even meant. This is what I expect from ENTP.

    I would rather die then live in a false skin.
    To me that is death of my soul.

    Kind of a strange rant but I think it is in keeping with the thread.
    polluxs thanked this post.

  9. #28
    ENTP - The Visionaries

    Quote Originally Posted by Aridela View Post
    That's interesting.

    I have experienced situations where I honestly thought I had little choice - especially as a child.

    But, then again, it could be down to personality/enneagram.
    Little choice does not leave you bereft of choice.
    It leaves you with few choices.

    I like to manipulate the choices.
    Use them. Most choices have depth. They have wiggle room.

  10. #29

    Quote Originally Posted by FueledByEvil View Post
    Little choice does not leave you bereft of choice.
    It leaves you with few choices.

    I like to manipulate the choices.
    Use them. Most choices have depth. They have wiggle room.
    Often my choice was, submit and receive a moderate amount of beating, or resist and get out of there with a few broken ribs.

    I've chosen the latter a couple of times, but it quickly got.. old.

  11. #30
    ENTP - The Visionaries

    Quote Originally Posted by Aridela View Post
    Often my choice was, submit and receive a moderate amount of beating, or resist and get out of there with a few broken ribs.

    I've chosen the latter a couple of times, but it quickly got.. old.
    Yes and that is extreme. In which case you did make the right choice.
    How could you move forward in life and
    at some point run with your true self if you allowed yourself
    to die before you could?

    When really young you are trapped a bit. I get that.
    But that is a small moment in time.

    I have been raped, beaten, abandoned...everything you can imagine
    almost. Life can be tough. Especially for youngsters.

    Yet I still looked and understood it was wrong. I was not
    swayed. I capitulated from time to time on certain items.
    Sure. But is was a choice. Thats what I am getting at.

    So as you say ...you submitted to pretending to believe their way
    to forgo a beating worse then you would have. Great choice.
    But now...as you are who you are. Would you still submit?
    Do you believe that the beatings indoctrinated you?

    I may assume no. I may assume you played the game to get through it and then grew the
    hell up.

    I may hate my job and still work simply since the cons
    of quitting on the spot will do more harm. Yet I dont work there for 20
    years and complain every day about how bad I got it. I start
    to manipulate my life to leave in good time. You see what I am saying?
    Aridela thanked this post.


     
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Are thinkers, at their core, less or more emotional than feelers?
    By Emotionally scary mothers in forum Myers Briggs Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-14-2018, 07:36 PM
  2. [INTP] Do INTPs generally get bored faster/more easily than other types?
    By mooncat39 in forum INTP Forum - The Thinkers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-15-2018, 03:49 PM
  3. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-04-2013, 04:56 PM
  4. Are Extroverts generally more positive than introverts???
    By Frannyy in forum Myers Briggs Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 03:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:05 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0