From: Parenting Skill ESFJ Requires Frequent Expressions of Affection and Feeling!
Parenting skill for the ESFJ child will require parents who understand practicality,with a willingness to give repeated and sincere affection and affirmation.ESFJ, Extraverted with Sensing, Feeling and Judging parenting skill can be improved by understandingthat these ESFJ little ones need to feel loved and appreciated...all the time!
Firstly understand that this page is devoted to helping you as a loving parent or guardian, regardless of yourtype, better understand how to use your instinctive nature to improve your parenting skillby nurturing your child.
Your nature and your child's nature is your personality type and your child's personality type as discovered through the Myers-Briggs Test.
You may or may not be ESFJ; but, if your child is ESFJ than this page can guide you in developing outstanding parenting skill as you raise and interact with your ESFJ child.
You'll be introduced to several key personality characteristics of the ESFJ childand you'll be given some suggestions as to things to do that will improve parentingskill and help nurture your ESFJ child all through life.
We'll assume that you know your personality type and that your child is ESFJ...or youthink they are...here we go!!
- Characteristics of the ESFJ Child-Some Behaviors to Look For:
- Very happy, even optimistic babies
- Lots of energy as babies
- Very verbal and generally expressive
- They like to run everywhere vs walking
- Crave, need hugs, kisses, snuggles...physical expression
- All their life, they value harmony, being appreciated and valued
- Must have order and structure
- Early, avid readers
- Very cooperative, and competitive school children
- Very artistic, paint, jewelry, crafts
- Sometimes too social in school settings
- Driving need to "fit in" won't lead necessarily
- Strong tendency to be perfectionist
- Any dis-harmonious situation will crush them
- Strong need for relationships
- Very caring, loyal...traditional children
Regardless of your type Mom and Dad here are some things you can do to nurture the ESFJ child and improveparenting skill.
- Guidelines for the ESFJ Child:
- Let them talk and be ready for lots of energy
- Give them tons of physical affection, following their lead
- hug them, kiss them, snuggle them
- They will, but encourage them to express all of what they feel
- Show them, be precise in what you mean for them to do
- Try not to be too "up front" too forceful
- They need constant praise and affirmation, see the negative don't dwell on it
- Help them to see they don't need to rush decisions, options are ok
- Be tactful with them as their feelings are dominant
In conclusion Mom and Dad, if you are ESFJ than most of the above seemed pretty naturaland may have brought back childhood memories; but, if you are not a Sensing Feeler (SF)or an Extraverted Judger (EJ) then maybe the above can better aid you as you developyou parenting skill.
The ESFJ is one of more common personality types in terms of distribution in America.About 10-12% of all Americans are ESFJ. About 14-17% of American females and about 5-7% ofmales are ESFJ. As you can see a bit more weighted on the female side!