[ESFP] ESFP vs ENFP? DId i mistype??

ESFP vs ENFP? DId i mistype??

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
Thank Tree38Thanks

This is a discussion on ESFP vs ENFP? DId i mistype?? within the ESFP Forum - The Performers forums, part of the SP's Temperament Forum- The Creators category; I am either a lead Ne or Se, with feeling as a 2nd function. Thats all I know. So i ...

  1. #1

    ESFP vs ENFP? DId i mistype??

    I am either a lead Ne or Se, with feeling as a 2nd function. Thats all I know. So i need some help figuring out whether I am ESFP or ENFP. I mean, I know the typical MBTI definitions and i know how DaveSuperPowers defines these two functions.
    The problem is, I am not mentally healthy and have not been for 2 years. So that is messing with me so i cannot self type.
    At my core, the only times I space out and imagine is when I catch myself going over day to day events- I just imagine various things that happened during school and replay them in my head, and just imagine future implications of this. I just to that when I am idle, like in the car, sleeping, at rest etc. I do have the ability to think very visually.

    But, I have a need for concrete data (an Se quality). Whenever someone is mad and tells me a story from their view, I do not make any judgements but listen to them, listen to other people invlvoed, ask for really specific events, then make a judgement from all the info i received. This might be someone mostly Se people do, or humans do in general.

    Those of you who self types or typed as ESFP, why did u do that and How can i type myself as either one?
    Please ask questions and help me guide myself to my type <3



  2. #2

    There are so few ESFPs on this forum unfortunately so take it from an ENFP!

    What you say by your "spacing out" sounds like Se > Ni to me. You reflect on things that have been, on your sensations and consider the implications, as Ni would.

    Personally, I find that kind of thinking as mundane and boring, I can't stop myself from dreaming up "What ifs" (more unique to Ne over Ni) and fantasies and they are very rarely grounded in reality and don't serve a purpose other than entertainment or curiosity. I struggle to even recognise my own sensations most of the time because it's a conscious effort to reconnect with it. Mediation is a nightmare for me.

  3. #3

    Quote Originally Posted by Falling Foxes View Post
    There are so few ESFPs on this forum unfortunately so take it from an ENFP!

    What you say by your "spacing out" sounds like Se > Ni to me. You reflect on things that have been, on your sensations and consider the implications, as Ni would.

    Personally, I find that kind of thinking as mundane and boring, I can't stop myself from dreaming up "What ifs" (more unique to Ne over Ni) and fantasies and they are very rarely grounded in reality and don't serve a purpose other than entertainment or curiosity. I struggle to even recognise my own sensations most of the time because it's a conscious effort to reconnect with it. Mediation is a nightmare for me.
    hey you said you needed me to answer some quaries, what were those? i need to know whether I am Se or Ne dom...i have been researching for like 5 hours to no avail.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4

    Quote Originally Posted by The Big S View Post
    I am either a lead Ne or Se, with feeling as a 2nd function. Thats all I know. So i need some help figuring out whether I am ESFP or ENFP. I mean, I know the typical MBTI definitions and i know how DaveSuperPowers defines these two functions.
    The problem is, I am not mentally healthy and have not been for 2 years. So that is messing with me so i cannot self type.
    At my core, the only times I space out and imagine is when I catch myself going over day to day events- I just imagine various things that happened during school and replay them in my head, and just imagine future implications of this. I just to that when I am idle, like in the car, sleeping, at rest etc. I do have the ability to think very visually.

    But, I have a need for concrete data (an Se quality). Whenever someone is mad and tells me a story from their view, I do not make any judgements but listen to them, listen to other people invlvoed, ask for really specific events, then make a judgement from all the info i received. This might be someone mostly Se people do, or humans do in general.

    Those of you who self types or typed as ESFP, why did u do that and How can i type myself as either one?
    Please ask questions and help me guide myself to my type <3
    Se/Ni.

    Likely ESFP, if you think you're Fi over Ti.

    You seem to be outward and object oriented as opposed to driven by intuition. You tend to think in terms of implications of actions and events (another word for consequences which is weak/inferior introverted intuition) as opposed to possibilities (which is closer to extroverted intuition).
    Last edited by SilentScream; 11-18-2018 at 04:12 PM.
    Tyche, Falling Foxes and The Big S thanked this post.

  6. #5

    Quote Originally Posted by The Big S View Post
    hey you said you needed me to answer some quaries, what were those? i need to know whether I am Se or Ne dom...i have been researching for like 5 hours to no avail.
    I realise I didn't explicitly ask anything. You have to forgive me because I mentioned "queries" whilst slightly inhebriated.

    Anyway, mostly I want to know if what has been said here or on the ENFP thread has resonated with you in particular? Do you have any personal experiences that seem related to them?

    I have to admit, this response comes across as Se-dom to me. It's quite literal. Ne likes to go off on tangents from points that weren't even asked, I think that the conversation that's happening over in the ENFP side is almost expecting you to do that. We got caught up with explaining our opinions that we forgot to ask you questions. I think we are all too accustomed to expecting Ne-dom responses.

    Anyway, try these on:

    What preferences do you have when it comes to entertainment?

    What are your hobbies?

    What truly gets you excited?

    Describe at least one weakness of yours.
    The Big S thanked this post.

  7. #6

    Quote Originally Posted by Falling Foxes View Post
    I realise I didn't explicitly ask anything. You have to forgive me because I mentioned "queries" whilst slightly inhebriated.

    Anyway, mostly I want to know if what has been said here or on the ENFP thread has resonated with you in particular? Do you have any personal experiences that seem related to them?

    I have to admit, this response comes across as Se-dom to me. It's quite literal. Ne likes to go off on tangents from points that weren't even asked, I think that the conversation that's happening over in the ENFP side is almost expecting you to do that. We got caught up with explaining our opinions that we forgot to ask you questions. I think we are all too accustomed to expecting Ne-dom responses.

    Anyway, try these on:

    What preferences do you have when it comes to entertainment?

    What are your hobbies?

    What truly gets you excited?

    Describe at least one weakness of yours.
    Hey, so I just figured out I am ENFP but figuring out I was in the Si grip...and i think i am still heavily influenced by my Si. You are right about m response sounding like an Se dom, but when you said tangents, something comes to mind- before all my depression and stuff, I would talk, and as I talked, I would predict others questions and asnwer them and go on..well...tangents. I think its my fault I came off as a sensor because of my Si....that was reallly smart of you to catch on to my sensing-type language because you were the only one who said I sounded like an Se dom

  8. #7

    Quote Originally Posted by The Big S View Post
    Hey, so I just figured out I am ENFP but figuring out I was in the Si grip...and i think i am still heavily influenced by my Si. You are right about m response sounding like an Se dom, but when you said tangents, something comes to mind- before all my depression and stuff, I would talk, and as I talked, I would predict others questions and asnwer them and go on..well...tangents. I think its my fault I came off as a sensor because of my Si....that was reallly smart of you to catch on to my sensing-type language because you were the only one who said I sounded like an Se dom
    Pay attention to inferior Ni as well as inferior Si at this point imo.

    I read a couple of your other threads and the one you made about Inferior Si.

    Trust me. I know this because I read this other thread of yours: https://www.personalitycafe.com/enfp...iry-entry.html and in it I found some more clues which point towards Se-dom over Ne-dom and inferior Ni over Inferior Si.

    You're also showing weak Te in cherry picking specific parts of inferior Si (not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but I think it's a tertiary Te blindspot at times) to relate back to yourself (like hypochondria - which is an Inferior Ni issue as well because in that we're afraid of losing some physical part of ourself that would keep us from enjoying how we pursue and find happiness in the real world of objects, people, family, things ... all external objects).

    You are describing a lot of what I went through in 2011 (I'm ESTP btw) when I was in a rut. A lot of us ESP's will end up in these ruts and we will over-analyse and over-think (That's when our weaker Thinking functions are starting to take over and we're just not as comfortable with them as we would like to be), but ultimately we do so in order to get out of the rut because we're motivated to return to our usual optimistic and driven natures.

    We want to return to the action, the social circle .. and are also driven to find solutions to our problems so we can get out of those ruts. The idea of escaping the rut requires generation of possibilities and finding the best one that allows for that escape.
    Last edited by SilentScream; 11-18-2018 at 06:50 PM.
    Acadia, Falling Foxes and The Big S thanked this post.

  9. #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Jawz View Post
    Pay attention to inferior Ni as well as inferior Si at this point imo.

    I read a couple of your other threads and the one you made about Inferior Si.

    Trust me. I know this because I read this other thread of yours: https://www.personalitycafe.com/enfp...iry-entry.html and in it I found some more clues which point towards Se-dom over Ne-dom and inferior Ni over Inferior Si.

    You're also showing weak Te in cherry picking specific parts of inferior Si (not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but I think it's a tertiary Te blindspot at times) to relate back to yourself (like hypochondria - which is an Inferior Ni issue as well because in that we're afraid of losing some physical part of ourself that would keep us from enjoying how we pursue and find happiness in the real world of objects, people, family, things ... all external objects).

    You are describing a lot of what I went through in 2011 (I'm ESTP btw) when I was in a rut. A lot of us ESP's will end up in these ruts and we will over-analyse and over-think (That's when our weaker Thinking functions are starting to take over and we're just not as comfortable with them as we would like to be), but ultimately we do so in order to get out of the rut because we're motivated to return to our usual optimistic and driven natures.

    We want to return to the action, the social circle .. and are also driven to find solutions to our problems so we can get out of those ruts. The idea of escaping the rut requires generation of possibilities and finding the best one that allows for that escape.
    oh my god....well im back at square one holy shit XD...ok wait so I will answer the questions you sent me before.
    wrong person, here is the person I meant to tag (@Falling Foxes) but its ok I could use extra help
    Entertainment- I played badminton (at a high level) and loved trainining for a higher goal, I love weights because I want to be good looking ans confident, i like fitness articles and self help books for my selfish reasons, I would like to date and have a good social life..so i watch shows not for pure pleasure, but also to help show me that I can be like that some day. I use movies and shows for real life application.

    Hobbies- ummm my hobbies are the things said above, but I lately love googling about life, how to get better at life, how like tips on how to get friends, live an adventerous life, live a magical life (thats were weight training articles come in etc). I am still searching for an ideal hobby for me.

    What gets me excited- I love the idea of going out with friends and pursing romantic/sexual interests its so fun, I love the idea of having advencture with people, I love the idea of doing anything with people. It just has to invlove some activity, or a deep conversation/ a fucking around/ party type conversation. I love going places I never went

    Weakness- Oh my lord I am trash at doing homework on time. It literally is the thing thst ruins my life. I always procrastinate, never do work, and always tell myself I will. I did 0 minutes of work this weekend. literally. And i will have to pull an all nighter.

    Hey, also, what made you think I have inferior Ni over Si. I was 1000 percent sure I had Si because of the excerpt. Also, my brother is an ESTP (Se dom for sure), and when i read about inferior Ni I can see all that in him, but not me. I think I am bad at reading myself. But yea, I am confused, thanks for the help.

    Like after reading this, i realize I sound like an Se dom. But why do i not feel like one? Like I use intution a lot for sure....
    Last edited by The Big S; 11-18-2018 at 07:21 PM.

  10. #9

    @Jawz

    Here is my given day when life was most fun- in 7th grade.

    I woke up, and while I brushed and got ready I was excited to go to school because I love being around people and having fun.
    In school, I love drama and love making random skits and showing off. I love being stupid/funny and love showing off to others. I came off as hyper/random and funny. I loved silently seeing my crush, and just being around her.

    I came back home and played Call of Duty for an hour with friends, and always wanted to be better for the purpose of being high in the heirarchy in my friends and because I loved the game.
    Then, because it was a friday, I played badminton because I could meet friends and show off, as well as play the sport I love. I wanted to be a pro, and training made me have a sense of higher purpose.
    Then, I either came home and watched a movie, or had a sleep over with family friends where we either played more COD, watched a movie, and just talked.

    I do not know if this helps, but I have no clue whether I am Ne or Se from this. I always like the idea that I have a fun activity wating for me after the next one is finished

  11. #10

    Quote Originally Posted by The Big S View Post
    oh my god....well im back at square one holy shit XD...ok wait so I will answer the questions you sent me before.
    You're not back to square one. I think you're around the general area of getting it right. I do hope that a few ESFP's chime in.

    The fact that you're second-guessing yourself so much is in and of itself an active example of an Inferior iNtuition "grip".

    ESXP's talk it over with other people (like you're doing). And we tend to find comfort in externalization (like you're doing) because it allows us to come back towards focusing on the external object which is the most comfortable. The external object in your case seeking a solution to your current problems as expressed by you. Yes, other types are also driven to seek solutions, but the commonality in ESXP's is that we tend to prefer talking about our issues and frustrations with others and it helps us as we're thinking while we're going from one moment to the next. The thoughts are being put out there.

    Entertainment- I played badminton (at a high level) and loved trainining for a higher goal, I love weights because I want to be good looking ans confident, i like fitness articles and self help books for my selfish reasons, I would like to date and have a good social life..so i watch shows not for pure pleasure, but also to help show me that I can be like that some day. I use movies and shows for real life application.
    Sensing right there.

    Hobbies- ummm my hobbies are the things said above, but I lately love googling about life, how to get better at life, how like tips on how to get friends, live an adventerous life, live a magical life (thats were weight training articles come in etc). I am still searching for an ideal hobby for me.
    You are very practical / solution oriented. To say that that's stereotypically Sensorish is feeding into that particular stereotype, but that particular stereotype seems to hold true. Non-sensors tend to prefer ideas for the sake of ideas. Sensors tend to prefer ideas that they can implement as practical steps to improve their current reality.

    What gets me excited- I love the idea of going out with friends and pursing romantic/sexual interests its so fun, I love the idea of having advencture with people, I love the idea of doing anything with people. It just has to invlove some activity, or a deep conversation/ a fucking around/ party type conversation. I love going places I never went
    Sensing over Intuition here as well imo.

    Weakness- Oh my lord I am trash at doing homework on time. It literally is the thing thst ruins my life. I always procrastinate, never do work, and always tell myself I will. I did 0 minutes of work this weekend. literally. And i will have to pull an all nighter.
    That's very stereotypically P but more so Pe given the above extroversion as well. "Extroversion" as in outward orientation. Because a lot of ESXP's have consistently reported that they are not like conventional / social extroverts, but can appear very "introverted" when in a group.

    Hey, also, what made you think I have inferior Ni over Si. I was 1000 percent sure I had Si because of the excerpt. Also, my brother is an ESTP (Se dom for sure), and when i read about inferior Ni I can see all that in him, but not me. I think I am bad at reading myself. But yea, I am confused, thanks for the help
    Yes. That is the nature of our unconscious function especially when we're young. We are not able to see it in ourselves. That conscious understanding of our inferior function comes at a later stage in life .. For ESXP's it's when a break in life happens and we need to find meaning and understanding. A lot of ESTP's I've spoken to recently said that their recognition of their inferior function happened with the help of Jung but also after our 30's. It seems to be a common thread. Commonality does not mean that you're definitely inferior Ni, but that it is most likely.


     
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Enneagram Type 4] Do 4's mistype as 6's and do 6's mistype as 4's
    By desecrationsmile in forum Type 4 Forum - The Individualist
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-20-2015, 09:17 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-29-2014, 08:12 AM
  3. [ISFJ] Slightly annoying stereotype... did I mistype myself?
    By Zeg in forum ISFJ Forum - The Nurturers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-31-2011, 09:37 PM
  4. [ENTP] Did you mistype as INTP?
    By DJArendee in forum ENTP Forum- The Visionaries
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-31-2010, 09:25 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:40 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0