What characteristics do ESFPs women like in a guy?
This is a discussion on What characteristics do ESFPs women like in a guy? within the ESFP Forum - The Performers forums, part of the SP's Temperament Forum- The Creators category; What characteristics do ESFPs women like in a guy?...
What characteristics do ESFPs women like in a guy?
I don't know many ESFP women, but the ones I know tend to go for cool, strong, silent, thinkers. My ESFP aunt is married to my uncle who I believe is a very laid-back ESTP and he's perfect for her. An ESFP girl friend of mine, her high school boyfriend was an INTJ and she adored him and I don't think she's ever quite gotten over him. Come to think of it, another ESFP woman I know is happily married to a man whose type I don't know but he's an engineer/architect and does fit the above description.
I'm an INFJ, Network Engineer married to an ESFP. We get along great, minor issues communicating ideas at times, but it's worth it.
I think @petitpèlerin is right on the money. I think they balance eachother out in a relationship quite beautifully. My ESFP friend is dating an intelligent, quiet guy of undetermined type. He adores and appreciates her for who she is - a spontaneous, creative, energetic, expressive human being. She's also quite intelligent as well.
There's definitely no way you can generalise what all XXXX women like. Although they share the same type it doesn't mean they're going to like the same guy - there are way too may other social factors going on for that.
I think ESFPs in general will possibly want someone who won't upstage them, they are the performers after all, but won't hold them back either. Introverted types and laid back Extraverts have been mentioned above and I agree with that. I think the laid-back extravert would be perfect as someone who would keep up with the antics and have fun but also let her shine. Then again, some ESFPs might want someone to match them in a big dramatic way (a totally explosive, over the top relationship!) or someone who leaves her to do her own thing. Some INTJs might get annoyed by them and some might love them. You can't really say!
I don't think you can say what someone likes based on type.
I do like the quiet type, but I'm more into loud, challenging people. Someone who grabs just as much attention as me, who will have debates and active conversations. I love talkers.
But I don't have a 'type' of guy I really prefer. If I like someone I like them, simple as that
ISTJ - I've been attracting ENFP and INFP women. Ready to get to know the ESFP and ESTP.
1. On a regular day basis, I am not needy at all. Quite independent. But if I try to get my woman's attention, and I don't get it, I begin asking for it. How would an ESFP respond?
2. Are ESFP's good at admitting when they are wrong and taking responsibility? Or do they get defensive and justify themselves even if PROVEN incorrect? Apologizing fits this category too, so are ENFP's good at apologizing, or do they get embarrassed easily?
3. How good are ESFP's at motivating, inspiring, or encouraging their partner? (I have lots of ambition and potential, I just prefer not to spend it all on myself)
4. I need communication to be clear and respectful, and in relationships I can't function without communication, because it leaves me with too much guesswork, and my type doesn't trust guesswork at all. How would an ESFP handle lots of questions from their partner, and how would an ESFP handle a partner who needs communication before he can move on from an issue or problem?
5. Any info on ESFP ISTJ relationships I haven't thought to ask?
And like I said, as an ISTJ who has attracted about 80% ENFP women in my life, I love them deeply, and it never works out in the end. Communication is horrible, and I'm a communication person.
Esfp women like istp,istj,intj,entp or estp from my experience,With intj its more of a fascination of
how opposite they are. With istj its more a case of 'connection-balance' they connect magnificentally based on 'S'
istj loves to secure their life, so their focus is still on real,tangible real world matters, where as esfp love to explore real,tangible real world experience, so both are fully entrenched in the 'physical world', then there is that ever-lasting excitement/challenge of breaking the others wall in the esfps case they would like to see the librarian go against his usual norms and just be advernterous every now and again and see more emotions- fi! where as
the istj wants to bring out more of the esfps - TE, so its a relationship based on contentment(on whatever connection they feel),and challenge in breaking down the differences, and growth in that both have strength the other does, but i doubt there is much passion imo, but imo the esfps i know need that istj anchor. with estp its more for advernture. with entp its a mutual respect, they find humour in each other, but no passion. esfps seem to look up to istps, i think its because istps with auxillary SE, actually have more adverntures to talk about, they go out and do what esfps would like to do, so theyre amazed by istps hollywood like action man character, and their aloofness.