What movie should I watch

What movie should I watch

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39
Thank Tree31Thanks

This is a discussion on What movie should I watch within the General Chat forums, part of the The Cafe Lounge category; I want to be moved to the point of tears. I like drama. Drama mixed with romance is nice. Not ...

  1. #1

    What movie should I watch

    I want to be moved to the point of tears.
    I like drama.
    Drama mixed with romance is nice. Not much of an action fan but some of my favourite movies have worked well with that e.g Jumper

    EDIT:
    Decided to do a random selection using all the movies suggested, and each night I feel like watching a movie I will come back to this list and do a draw. Movies iv'e seen will made bold.

    Movie draw

    1. Detachment
    2. Brothers
    3. Fruitvale Station
    4. He Ovat Paenneet
    5. Upstream color
    6. Let the right one in
    7. Atonement
    8. Brooklyn
    9. Wintersleep
    10. One litre of tears
    11. A separation
    12. Jagten
    13. Short term 12
    14. The Danish Girl
    Last edited by Baphomet; 04-01-2016 at 01:50 PM.



  2. #2

    Requiem for a Dream
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
    London
    Restless
    The Perks of Being a Wallflower
    Detachment
    Brothers
    Fruitvale Station
    He Ovat Paenneet
    The Fault in Our Stars
    Upstream Color (Be warned, it's very abstract)

  3. #3

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyme View Post
    Requiem for a Dream
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
    London
    Restless

    The Perks of Being a Wallflower
    Detachment
    Brothers
    Fruitvale Station
    He Ovat Paenneet

    The Fault in Our Stars
    Upstream Color (Be warned, it's very abstract)
    I haven't seen the ones in bold, might give them a watch if I am ever feeling like watching a movie :))

    P.S shout out to Toradora
    Clyme thanked this post.

  4. #4

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    I haven't seen the ones in bold, might give them a watch if I am ever feeling like watching a movie :))

    P.S shout out to Toradora
    What did you think of the ones you did see?
    Baphomet thanked this post.

  5. #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyme View Post
    What did you think of the ones you did see?
    Requiem for a dream caught me off guard but it was good, I remember feeling emotionally jolted.
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was amazing.

    The fault in our stars and The Perks of Being a Wallflower felt over hyped but they were still okay, I guess. Expectation is a killer. I literally had no expectations for the other two, so maybe that's why I enjoyed them so much.
    Clyme thanked this post.

  6. #6

    Atonement
    Brooklyn
    The Age of Adaline
    The Danish Girl
    If I Stay

  7. #7

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    I want to be moved to the point of tears.
    I like drama.
    Drama mixed with romance is nice. Not much of an action fan but some of my favourite movies have worked well with that e.g Jumper

    One litre of tears.

    You have to watch this, trust me, it's a very good movie. It's actually based on a real life story, it's about how a girl is a battling with a disease, she ended up in a wheelchair and ended up bedridden at the end and she doesn't have much time to live but she continued to stay optimistic and live life to the fullest every day,
    strawberryLola thanked this post.

  8. #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Requiem for a dream caught me off guard but it was good, I remember feeling emotionally jolted.
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was amazing.

    The fault in our stars and The Perks of Being a Wallflower felt over hyped but they were still okay, I guess. Expectation is a killer. I literally had no expectations for the other two, so maybe that's why I enjoyed them so much.
    Ah, so I see. While it doesn't include a romantic relationship, Detachment is pretty emotionally jolting. I think you'd enjoy it, based on what you've said about the movies you did enjoy.
    Baphomet thanked this post.

  9. #9

    These are some of my favorite drama films.

    Stalker (1979)
    Available to watch on youtube


    Winter Sleep (2014)


    Werckmeister harmóniák (2000)
    Opening scene (probably one of the best opening scenes ever)


    Upstream Color (2013)
    Not a big fan of romance but this one is so good.


    Lĺt den rätte komma in (2008)
    So is this one
    Baphomet thanked this post.

  10. #10

    --continued---

    A Separation (2011)
    It just pulled me in from start to finish.


    Into the Wild (2007)
    He died around the time I was born. I might be him lol


    Jagten (2012)
    How did this guy not win an oscar for this?


    Short Term 12 (2013)
    I didn't expect it to be that good.
    Baphomet thanked this post.


     
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] Does anyone want to watch a movie?
    By AbstractCanvas in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-23-2015, 09:45 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-06-2015, 02:34 PM
  3. Which movie should I watch next?
    By HappinessIsAWarmPuppy in forum Book, Music, & Movie Reviews
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-18-2014, 09:19 AM
  4. What movie would and INFJ watch?
    By jamaikaii in forum Guess the type
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-29-2014, 05:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:10 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0