[Generation Z] Are you a 90s, 2000s, or a 2010s kid? - Page 2

Are you a 90s, 2000s, or a 2010s kid?

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
Thank Tree15Thanks

This is a discussion on Are you a 90s, 2000s, or a 2010s kid? within the Generation Z Forum forums, part of the The Generations category; Originally Posted by SharksFan99 I have one or two vivid memories from age 3 as well, but they are not ...

  1. #11

    Quote Originally Posted by SharksFan99 View Post
    I have one or two vivid memories from age 3 as well, but they are not as clear as my memories from age 4 onwards. Despite what people suggest, I think age 4 can go either way; it can either be an early childhood year or the first year of someone's core childhood IMO. A lot of people start to remember things vividly from age 4 as well. For me personally, it was more of an early childhood year, but I also started to move into my core childhood as well, because I received a PS2 and Gameboy Advance SP for Christmas that year. :)

    I think WiiFan may have been born in 2002, because his profile says that he is 15. I might be wrong though.
    Correct, I was born in 2002. To me ages 3-5 are early childhood years. I remember age 6 (2008) well, I got Gameboy Advance SP for my birthday, and my older brother got DS Lite and a Playstation 2 for his birthday. On Christmas I got a Nintendo Wii.

    I can remember 2009 (when I was a 7y/o) like it was yesterday, I can't say the same for the years prior. I realize this can vary from person to person and I CAN'T speak for other when I say my core childhood years were 7-10.

    I used ages 5-12 to be unbiased, I never thought to start with age 4.
    SharksFan99 thanked this post.

  2. #12

    THIS is my childhood, baby!





    Can you guess what kid I am?

  3. #13

    I don't even think 2001 borns are half and half, they're leaning towards the 2000's. It's the 2002 borns that are half and half, and 2003 borns leaning towards the 2010's. At least that's how I see it.
    Longaotian00 thanked this post.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Generation Z

    I was born in '97, and I agree that I'm a 2000's kid. I was raised with the Internet but not smartphones like 2010's kids were.
    Tim thanked this post.

  6. #15

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowz View Post
    I don't even think 2001 borns are half and half, they're leaning towards the 2000's. It's the 2002 borns that are half and half, and 2003 borns leaning towards the 2010's. At least that's how I see it.
    That is arguably correct, but I used ages 5-12, that's an eight year range. So I was labelling them accourding to their ratio.

    Kids born in 2000 are 00s/10s hybrids with a 5:3 ratio (leaning towards 00s).
    Kids born in 2001 are 00s/10s hybrids with a 4:4 ratio (half and half).
    Kids born in 2002 are 00s/10s hybrids with a 3:5 ratio (leaning towards 10s).

    It depends on what you define as childhood. I realize you define childhood as ages 3-12, which is a ten year range. So alternatively:

    Kids born in 2001 are 00s/10s hybrids with a 6:4 ratio (leaning towards 2000s).
    Kids born in 2002 are 00s/10s hybrids with a 5:5 ratio (half and half).
    Kids born in 2003 are 00s/10s hyrbids with a 4:6 ratio (leaning towards 2010s).

  7. #16

    Quote Originally Posted by WiiFan View Post
    That is arguably correct, but I used ages 5-12, that's an eight year range. So I was labelling them accourding to their ratio.

    Kids born in 2000 are 00s/10s hybrids with a 5:3 ratio (leaning towards 00s).
    Kids born in 2001 are 00s/10s hybrids with a 4:4 ratio (half and half).
    Kids born in 2002 are 00s/10s hybrids with a 3:5 ratio (leaning towards 10s).

    It depends on what you define as childhood. I realize you define childhood as ages 3-12, which is a ten year range. So alternatively:

    Kids born in 2001 are 00s/10s hybrids with a 6:4 ratio (leaning towards 2000s).
    Kids born in 2002 are 00s/10s hybrids with a 5:5 ratio (half and half).
    Kids born in 2003 are 00s/10s hyrbids with a 4:6 ratio (leaning towards 2010s).
    Meh. I just feel like 5-12 is too short of a childhood, IMO. 3 and 4 should be considered early childhood. For me it went like this:
    3-4: Early childhood
    5-10: Middle/Core Childhood
    11-12: Late childhood
    Tim and Longaotian00 thanked this post.

  8. #17

    I personally don't think I'm a true 2000's or 2010's kid, and this is coming from someone born in 2002. Because the thing is, I didn't spend most of my childhood in the 2010's, I only spent half of it. Same with the 2000's. Not only that, but I was and will be a teenager for all the second half of the 2010's (2015-2019)
    I feel like birth years ending in the number "2" are in a weird spot when it comes to figuring out what decade kid you are. But in all honesty, I just consider myself equally both a late 2000's and early 2010's kid. IMO 2003 borns are the first true 2010's kids.

    Here's what I think. I'm not an expert with this decade kid stuff so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    2000: Ultimate late 2000's kids
    2001: Late 2000s/Early 2010's leaning towards 2000's
    2002: Ultimate Late 2000's/Early 2010's hybrid
    2003: Ultimate early 2010's kids with a late 2000's start
    Last edited by Rainbowz; 08-14-2017 at 02:26 PM.
    Tim and SharksFan99 thanked this post.

  9. #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowz View Post
    I personally don't think I'm a true 2000's or 2010's kid, and this is coming from someone born in 2002. Because the thing is, I didn't spend most of my childhood in the 2010's, I only spent half of it. Same with the 2000's. Not only that, but I was and will be a teenager for all the second half of the 2010's (2015-2019)
    I feel like birth years ending in the number "2" are in a weird spot when it comes to figuring out what decade kid you are. But in all honesty, I just consider myself equally both a late 2000's and early 2010's kid. IMO 2003 borns are the first true 2010's kids.

    Here's what I think. I'm not an expert with this decade kid stuff so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    2000: Ultimate late 2000's kids
    2001: Late 2000s/Early 2010's leaning towards 2000's
    2002: Ultimate Late 2000's/Early 2010's hybrid
    2003: Ultimate early 2010's kids with a late 2000's start
    Seems right! Personally I feel I was too young to respect the culture of the Mid/Late 2000s when it was happening. I did watch some of the classic Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and Disney Channel shows, but my memories of watching those were vague and little to none. My family got rid of cable during the Late 2000s, and we didn't get it back until 2012.

    I call myself a 2010s kid with 2000s influence. But that's just an opinion, not a fact. I realize that label doesn't fit everybody born in 2002.

  10. #19

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowz View Post
    Meh. I just feel like 5-12 is too short of a childhood, IMO. 3 and 4 should be considered early childhood. For me it went like this:
    3-4: Early childhood
    5-10: Middle/Core Childhood
    11-12: Late childhood
    Completley agree

  11. #20

    Quote Originally Posted by WiiFan View Post
    Seems right! Personally I feel I was too young to respect the culture of the Mid/Late 2000s when it was happening. I did watch some of the classic Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and Disney Channel shows, but my memories of watching those were vague and little to none. My family got rid of cable during the Late 2000s, and we didn't get it back until 2012.

    I call myself a 2010s kid with 2000s influence. But that's just an opinion, not a fact. I realize that label doesn't fit everybody born in 2002.
    I remember some of the mid 2000's, but I remember the late 2000's a lot better. 2007 was the first year I clearly remember (age 5) and that was the year I got into kid stuff which is why I consider that the first core childhood year. 2012 was the last core childhood year because the year after that I graduated from elementary and was preparing for middle school. 2013 was a transitional year for me. I still felt like a kid, but I was playing with kid stuff less and less. My childhood innocence was pretty much completely dead by the middle of 2014.
    Tim thanked this post.


     
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:20 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0