[Generation Z] When do you think Generation Z starts or is at least the cusp spans? - Page 4

When do you think Generation Z starts or is at least the cusp spans?

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 78
Thank Tree58Thanks

This is a discussion on When do you think Generation Z starts or is at least the cusp spans? within the Generation Z Forum forums, part of the The Generations category; 1999 here. The reason the cusp is a noticeable issue is that there's a clear microgeneration we've missed out. Just ...

  1. #31
    Generation Z

    1999 here. The reason the cusp is a noticeable issue is that there's a clear microgeneration we've missed out. Just like 1977-1983 isn't quite X or Millennial, 1997-2003 isn't quite Millennial or Z.

    Now as the 77-83 group call themselves the Oregon Trail generation after a popular game, we also need a similar name. We are the Club Penguin generation. Who's with me!
    andrewyu2005 thanked this post.

  2. #32

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerdle View Post
    1999 here. The reason the cusp is a noticeable issue is that there's a clear microgeneration we've missed out. Just like 1977-1983 isn't quite X or Millennial, 1997-2003 isn't quite Millennial or Z.

    Now as the 77-83 group call themselves the Oregon Trail generation after a popular game, we also need a similar name. We are the Club Penguin generation. Who's with me!
    That makes a lot of sense.

  3. #33

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerdle View Post
    1999 here. The reason the cusp is a noticeable issue is that there's a clear microgeneration we've missed out. Just like 1977-1983 isn't quite X or Millennial, 1997-2003 isn't quite Millennial or Z.

    Now as the 77-83 group call themselves the Oregon Trail generation after a popular game, we also need a similar name. We are the Club Penguin generation. Who's with me!
    I agree with you on the microgeneration aspect. There is definitely a transition between Millennials and Gen Z that researchers typically ignore. For some reason there's a clear one between Gen X and Gen Y that everyone always acknowledges- I don't know why people can't do the same for other generations.

    Anyway, I disagree that 2003 is a transition year, for several reasons. They might even be the beginning of the core. Heck, even 2002 could be in the same boat. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, however, since they did mostly grow up in the 2000s and can vote next year.
    Last edited by Millenium_01; 06-13-2019 at 02:20 PM.
    andrewyu2005 thanked this post.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #34

    Gen Z begins in 1997 and honestly,it's not really debatable.Also there's is no such as a millennial/Gen Z cusp,especially being that youngest of millennials are very different from the oldest of Gen Zers,especially when it to childhood and teenage experiences.

  6. #35

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerdle View Post
    1999 here. The reason the cusp is a noticeable issue is that there's a clear microgeneration we've missed out. Just like 1977-1983 isn't quite X or Millennial, 1997-2003 isn't quite Millennial or Z.

    Now as the 77-83 group call themselves the Oregon Trail generation after a popular game, we also need a similar name. We are the Club Penguin generation. Who's with me!
    There' is totally wrong and laughable. 1997-2003 is pure Gen Z with no millennial overlap whatsoever.Also, there's is no such thing as a Gen Z/millennial cusper. Here how I would group Generation starting with Xennials

    Xennials(Gen X/millennial cusp)- those born 1977-1984

    Early millennials - 1983-1986

    Core millennials - 1987-1991

    Late millennials -1993-1996



    early Gen Z - 1997-2004

    core Gen Z - 2005-2010

    late Gen Z - 2010-2014

    Gen Z/Gen Alpha cusp - those born from 2011-2018

  7. #36

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael69 View Post
    There' is totally wrong and laughable. 1997-2003 is pure Gen Z with no millennial overlap whatsoever.Also, there's is no such thing as a Gen Z/millennial cusper. Here how I would group Generation starting with Xennials

    Xennials(Gen X/millennial cusp)- those born 1977-1984

    Early millennials - 1983-1986

    Core millennials - 1987-1991

    Late millennials -1993-1996



    early Gen Z - 1997-2004

    core Gen Z - 2005-2010

    late Gen Z - 2010-2014

    Gen Z/Gen Alpha cusp - those born from 2011-2018
    There's no way someone born in 2004 is early Z when they were too young to even be in elementary school when the iPhone was released. Even 2003 is highly questionable.

    2004 borns are core-Z at best.
    andrewyu2005 thanked this post.

  8. #37

    Quote Originally Posted by Millenium_01 View Post
    There's no way someone born in 2004 is early Z when they were too young to even be in elementary school when the iPhone was released. Even 2003 is highly questionable.

    2004 borns are core-Z at best.
    What's wrong with saying that 2004 is early Gen Z? I can barely tell a difference between someone born in 1998 and someone born in 2004.Once people born in 2004 become adults,I honesty see people born in the late 90s relating to people born in 2004 more than people born in the mid 90s. Also,there is no real difference between people born in 2002 and people in 2004,being that people born in 2002 weren't even in Elementary school until after the release of the first iphone. Also I have Gen Z lasting until 2014,so it's makes sense to put 2004 as early Gen Z or atleast a cusp between early Gen Z and core Gen Z.
    andrewyu2005 thanked this post.

  9. #38

    Quote Originally Posted by Millenium_01 View Post
    There's no way someone born in 2004 is early Z when they were too young to even be in elementary school when the iPhone was released. Even 2003 is highly questionable.

    2004 borns are core-Z at best.
    I totally agree with you. I think 2003 could possibly fit into Early Z, but since I go with the 1997-2012 mark, they would be the first Core Z'ers. 2004 would not only fit Core-Z, but they are the quintessential Gen-Z'ers, being the last of the Post-Millennial cohort of Gen Z, along with 2005 babies being the quintessential Gen-Z'ers, being the first of the iGen cohort of Gen Z. This makes the ultimate Gen Z class being those who graduated middle school recently are entering high school in the fall, Class of 2023, because they were born in 2004 and 2005. Core Z would probably end in 2006ish, or maybe 2007, and 2008 at the very latest.
    andrewyu2005 thanked this post.

  10. #39

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa Puff View Post
    I totally agree with you. I think 2003 could possibly fit into Early Z, but since I go with the 1997-2012 mark, they would be the first Core Z'ers. 2004 would not only fit Core-Z, but they are the quintessential Gen-Z'ers, being the last of the Post-Millennial cohort of Gen Z, along with 2005 babies being the quintessential Gen-Z'ers, being the first of the iGen cohort of Gen Z. This makes the ultimate Gen Z class being those who graduated middle school recently are entering high school in the fall, Class of 2023, because they were born in 2004 and 2005. Core Z would probably end in 2006ish, or maybe 2007, and 2008 at the very latest.
    Okay lets just say that 2003 and 2004 are cusp between early Gen Z and core Gen Z. Also I see Gen Z lasting past 2012,which is why I can see 2004 as early Gen Z along with people born from 1997-2003. Just becasue we know when Gen Z begins does not mean we know when Gen Z ends.Like I said there's really no difference between someone born in 2002 and someone born in 2004. Also, igen and Gen Z is basically the same thing since all Gen Z people(including late 90s/early 2000s babies) would've been too young remember a time before basically everything went digital.
    Last edited by Michael69; 06-15-2019 at 04:03 PM.

  11. #40

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael69 View Post
    Okay lets just say that 2003 and 2004 are cusp between early Gen Z and core Gen Z. Also I see Gen Z lasting past 2012,which is why I can see 2004 as early Gen Z along with people born from 1997-2003. Just becasue we know when Gen Z begins does not mean we know when Gen Z ends.Like I said there's really no difference between someone born in 2002 and someone born in 2004. Also, igen and Gen Z is basically the same thing since all Gen Z people(including late 90s/early 2000s babies) would've been too young remember a time before basically everything went digital.
    Absolutely wrong about that, bud. Those born in the late 90s and early 00s would definitely would remember a time before everything went digital, but they are too young to be Millennials, hence the term "Post-Millennial". Even those born in the mid 00s could possibly remember a pre-digital world, but they don't remember a pre-smartphone world, so they would be the start of the iGen cohort.
    Last edited by Cocoa Puff; 06-15-2019 at 08:43 PM.
    andrewyu2005 thanked this post.


Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Si or Ni - avoid thread at all costs, Essay ahead, enter at own risk
    By BecauseSeagulls in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-03-2019, 06:31 AM
  2. Is LII and ENFP a common or at least possible combination?
    By morgandollar in forum Socionics Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-08-2019, 11:26 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2018, 03:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:19 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0