[Generation Z] When do you think Generation Z starts or is at least the cusp spans? - Page 8

When do you think Generation Z starts or is at least the cusp spans?

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 115
Thank Tree94Thanks

This is a discussion on When do you think Generation Z starts or is at least the cusp spans? within the Generation Z Forum forums, part of the The Generations category; Originally Posted by CaboBayCaptain1297 It works better that way; 1910 = Under 30 when World War II started 1928 = ...

  1. #71

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboBayCaptain1297 View Post
    It works better that way;

    1910 = Under 30 when World War II started

    1928 = Under 18 when World War II ended

    1946 = Born after World War II

    1964 = Born after JFK Assassination

    1982 = Turned 18 after Y2K

    2000 = Born after Y2K
    I guess, but shouldn't generations be based on your age when something major occurs? You used this logic with the first couple years, but what about Gen Z? (2000+)?

    To me, if your peer group were teens/young adults for a good part of this decade, you're a cupser and/or caboose of Gen Y and leader of Gen Z. (Basically those who graduated high school in the 2010s, if you think of it that way).

  2. #72

    Quote Originally Posted by RELpersonailty02 View Post
    [/B]


    I actually have read that post you made on reddit before a long time ago, and back then I used to think of 96-97 borns (Class of 2015) as the first Gen Z class because of what Pew said. But overtime, my mind started to change on where Generation Z should start. Overall, the most neutral start to Gen Z are the 2000 borns (Class of 2018) like what you said in your previous post because it sounds like the most sense.
    Also considering that the 2018 Class was the oldest who were still in high school for the Parkland shooting and the beginning of "March For Our Lives," which got the media really talking about their generation. Even David Hogg, one of the leaders of that movement, defines the generation in his newly-released book "Never again: A new generation draws the line" as being born "Shortly after Columbine."

  3. #73

    Quote Originally Posted by Willtip98 View Post
    Also considering that the 2018 Class was the oldest who were still in high school for the Parkland shooting and the beginning of "March For Our Lives," which got the media really talking about their generation. Even David Hogg, one of the leaders of that movement, defines the generation in his newly-released book "Never again: A new generation draws the line" as being born "Shortly after Columbine."
    I would say that 2000 is definitely the least controversial year to start Generation Z on these forums. On the Gen Z subreddit however, people think that 1995 is the least controversial year to start which I think is totally wrong as I see 1995 as purely Late Millennial. But personally in my opinion I think that 2000 is more of a year that defines Early Gen Z rather than starts it as what’s truly the difference between a 2000 born and a 1999 and 1998 born? Not much. But I guess you could say that about any year. The Generation has to start somewhere and what Captain has pointed out in his previous posts, 2000 does have a lot of firsts compared to other years.
    Last edited by RELpersonailty02; 07-19-2019 at 08:05 AM.
    andrewyu2005 thanked this post.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #74

    Quote Originally Posted by RELpersonailty02 View Post
    I would say that 2000 is definitely the least controversial year to start Generation Z on these forums. On the Gen Z subreddit however, people think that 1995 is the least controversial year to start which I think is totally wrong as I see 1995 as purely Late Millennial. But personally in my opinion I think that 2000 is more of a year that defines Early Gen Z rather than starts it as what’s truly the difference between a 2000 born and a 1999 and 1998 born? Not much. But I guess you could say that about any year. The Generation has to start somewhere and what Captain has pointed out in his previous posts, 2000 does have a lot of firsts compared to other years.
    1997 is a far better year to start Gen Z than 2000.There is no real cultural difference between people born in 1999 and people born in 2000 .However,there's a big cultural difference between people born in 1996 and people born in 1997. Fact that people born in 1996 were in K-12 Schooling during 9/11,while people born in 1997 were not ,would already make a significant cultural difference between people born in those two years.There's also others major things that separate people born in 1996 from people born in 1997 as well.I see no reason why 2000 can be the start of Gen Z.Also 2000 doesn't have as much first as what people think. Seem like people believe that 2000 has a lot of first to justify why 2000 should be the first Gen Z year,despite of the fact that millennial influences ended before 2000.They also ignore that 2000 has a lot of last.For example People born in 2000 were the last to spent most of their High School years before Trump was elected,were the last to have atleast 1 core childhood year in the mid 2000s(a bit iffy due to post 9/11 overprotective parenting,but still),last to be partial mid 2000s kids, despite of mostly being late 2000s kids,along with people born form 1997-1999,last to not spent a whole year in K-12 Schooling after Parkland,last to Graduated from Elementary School before iphone rates went over 50% during the Summer of 2011,last to spent most of their elementary School years before the Electropop era despite of still being Electropop kids,last to be in High School before Donald Trump became very popular,last to spent most of their Middle School years during the Electropop era, last to spent more than 1 year in Elementary School with people born in the mid 90s,etc. Sure people born in 2000 do have some first,but people over exaggerate the amount of first that 2000 have. 1997 has way more first than 2000,but yet 2000 is somehow the least controversial year to start Gen Z,which makes no sense.Just becasue 2000 is the start of the 2000s doesn't make a good year to start Gen Z. The PEW Research starting year for Gen Z makes the most sense when considering the cultural differences.
    Last edited by Michael69; 07-19-2019 at 10:27 AM.

  6. #75

    Quote Originally Posted by RELpersonailty02 View Post
    I would say that 2000 is definitely the least controversial year to start Generation Z on these forums. On the Gen Z subreddit however, people think that 1995 is the least controversial year to start which I think is totally wrong as I see 1995 as purely Late Millennial. But personally in my opinion I think that 2000 is more of a year that defines Early Gen Z rather than starts it as what’s truly the difference between a 2000 born and a 1999 and 1998 born? Not much. But I guess you could say that about any year. The Generation has to start somewhere and what Captain has pointed out in his previous posts, 2000 does have a lot of firsts compared to other years.
    I've never been very comfortable with starting Gen Z at 1995. It was never explained over the years as to why it began there, other than it was the year Internet Explorer and Windows 95 were released, which helped commercialize the Internet.
    andrewyu2005 and RELpersonailty02 thanked this post.

  7. #76

    Quote Originally Posted by Willtip98 View Post
    I've never been very comfortable with starting Gen Z at 1995. It was never explained over the years as to why it began there, other than it was the year Internet Explorer and Windows 95 were released, which helped commercialize the Internet.
    Yeah using the Internet as a boundary doesn't make sense IMO, because most Millennials were acquainted with the Internet from a very young age too. A "peak" Millennial born in 1987 typically would have been online at age 11 or 12 circa 1999, possibly even earlier. If you consider the "Internet age" to begin around 1996 than anything born after 1992 wouldn't have any memories of the pre-Internet era, yet that's a bit young for Gen Z.
    andrewyu2005 thanked this post.

  8. #77
    Generation Z

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa Puff View Post
    So do you use the 1997-2012 definition of Gen Z? I think this is one of my favorite and most accurate definitions of Gen Z. I really don't like the 1995-2009 version of Gen Z, though. However I think that Gen Z is 1999-2014, just two years later than the 1997-2012 definition.

    In your interpretation, do you think that Early Z is the cohort that has majority Z traits and minor Y traits, Core Z is the true group of Gen Z with 100% Z traits and no Y or Alpha traits whatsoever, and Late Z is the group that has majority Z traits and minor Alpha traits?
    I also use 1997-2012 as my Gen Z guide, but a few things to point out.

    Early Gen Z starts when Gen Z traits outweigh Millennial traits.
    Late Gen Z ends when Millennial traits outweigh Gen Z traits
    Michael69 thanked this post.

  9. #78

    Quote Originally Posted by morgandollar View Post
    Yeah using the Internet as a boundary doesn't make sense IMO, because most Millennials were acquainted with the Internet from a very young age too. A "peak" Millennial born in 1987 typically would have been online at age 11 or 12 circa 1999, possibly even earlier. If you consider the "Internet age" to begin around 1996 than anything born after 1992 wouldn't have any memories of the pre-Internet era, yet that's a bit young for Gen Z.
    If that's the case, then all '90s babies would've done most of their "growing up" post-Internet anyway.
    andrewyu2005 thanked this post.

  10. #79
    Generation Y

    Quote Originally Posted by q543frodomar View Post
    I was born in 2002 too (April 21), but I dont think this is entirely accurate.

    1997-2002 Early Z
    2003-2007 Core Z
    2008-2012 Late Z
    I was born in 1997, May to be exact, and I disagree, cause there is no way I am completely different from someone born in December 1996, but similar to someone born in 2002, let alone 2012. Here is my version.

    Early Gen Z: 2000-2005
    Core Gen Z: 2006-2012
    Late Gen Z: 2013-2019 (while some people call this Gen Alpha, they act too gen Z)
    andrewyu2005 thanked this post.

  11. #80
    Generation Y

    Quote Originally Posted by morgandollar View Post
    I'd say it begins around 1994 or 1995. To me Millennial means people born during the 80s and the first few years of the 90s.
    I would start it at 2000. To me, if you were born before the millennium ended, you are not Gen Z or gen Alpha.
    andrewyu2005 thanked this post.


Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Si or Ni - avoid thread at all costs, Essay ahead, enter at own risk
    By BecauseSeagulls in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-03-2019, 07:31 AM
  2. Is LII and ENFP a common or at least possible combination?
    By morgandollar in forum Socionics Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-09-2019, 12:26 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2018, 04:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:10 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0