If you find this kind of threads annoying, I appologise.
If you have fun trying to type people through second-hand descriptions, I am grateful :).
I have two friends, and I have really tried to figure out their types and their boyfriends types, but I am stuck somehow.
(A) First friend:
- She is extremely individualistic, would never care about what others thought about her clothes, e.g., even during puberty. and her way of clothing was really individualistic as well. she never cared about make-up and things like these
- she is extreeeeemely enthusiastic. and she will try to convince you of doing what she wants to do..... (if it is something she would like you to do with her), doesn't respect your point of view, and doesn't respect if you say "no".........rather pretty "invasive", in some degree
- she is really "extreme" in her point of views - only black and white..... either/or....which can be very annoying.....:)
- has a really expressive way of speaking (linked to her enthusiasm)
- she was really into making classical music (playing cello)
- cared about things such as reading literature, really good at painting, did some writing, composing etc., very creative
- really loved being outside and loved nature, taking long walks and doing things outside
- got really esoteric/spiritual at some point....even in connection to some kind of sect I think :/
- she is very demanding and overwhelming, at least I had trouble with that... I mean I really love her so much, but she sometimes was "too intense" for me, too much.....:/
- I think you could say she had a really philosophical nature :)
- she always questioned everything (and in this extreme way I mentioned)
- eveyone was really surprised when she married in her early twenties and got 2 children -- seems really good at handling this...
- she quit university (theology) for selling dietary supplement....and she made that sound as if this was what she REALLY wanted to do.....
- I think she is definitely an E, and in some kind I think she must be an NF. though I am not completely sure.... I have thought she could be an ENFP....but....then I am not too sure....I just dont know....
(B) her husband (there's not much information I can provide)
- He studied mathematics and works something with programming computers, I think
- He is very outgoing, and he and my friend enjoy doing things like dancing together, enjoying nature and things like these
- He is also very enthusiatic, but bit different than my friend, not this "overwhelming" quality
ach, I'm sorry, I think I should forget typing him, I just can't provide enough information, argh :/...
I thought he might be an ENTP, but that is only my first guess, and I can't supply enough information for this assumption
(C) Second friend
- she tested as an ESFJ once.
- she has studied comptuer science, but hated programming
- she really likes gossipping, and is really talks bad behind peoples' backs
- I think she is extrelemy S. dont know, not intuitive at all...cant describe it...
- she is not compassionate or empathetic at all. cannot accept that people might have mental diseases, may be depressed etc., always argues "they can do if they want"......
- doesnt like lazy people, and really worked hard during her studies.
- is not likely to understand other people's point of view
- uses a lot of "one should" and "one shouldnt", has clear assumptions about how people should behave and what they should do...
- is rather traditional....family is an important value for her..... and she thinks everyone should have a family, I mean, start a family
- likes to travel, likes going to museums etc., likes reading, but not too much of literature
- likes cooking and is good at it
(D) her boyfriend
- very interested in other people and their motivation etc.
- has a lot of crazy ideas and associations, makes a lot of nonsence connections between things, is very often very goofy
- has studied to become a geography teacher in elementary school, but quit before his second exam because he became depressed and couldn't fulfill his own expectations
- is now working at a publishing house (for educational books)
- has a lot of friends and is always meeting someone
- has worked with teenagers in his leisure time
- has traveled a lot and lived abroad (studying in england, teaching in france)
- is very spontaneous
- does not want to think about tomorrow or the future (which annoys my friend)
- does not care about traditional values such as (starting a) family
- is very good at creating mind-maps with people and good at helping them structuring their papers etc.
( I think he would have been a good teacher, very enthusiastic and good at promoting his ideas and making other people interested in them)
- my friend says he doesn't like to talk about his feelings or motivations etc.
I thought he might be an ENFP as well. but I dont know if he is ever interested in theory, really..... I started talking about the MBTI with him, and he IMMEDIATELY said something like "and what is the use of doing this?" implying that he does not see any use in it. I was rather surprised, I wouldn't have expected that....well....I then thought ESFP, but...I DONT THINK THIS FITS. argh.
I know this is really insufficient.....I am sorry. I'd appreciate any kind of help, though.... thanks in advance....