The Librarians (TNT)

The Librarians (TNT)

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Thank Tree15Thanks

This is a discussion on The Librarians (TNT) within the Guess the type forums, part of the What's my personality type? category; I actually have yet to watch the movies that inspired this show (though I need to), but I'm loving it ...

  1. #1
    ISFP - The Artists

    The Librarians (TNT)

    I actually have yet to watch the movies that inspired this show (though I need to), but I'm loving it so far! (And I really hope it gets renewed for another season.) The ensemble is great, especially Christian Kane. :)

    Anyway, here are my preliminary thoughts on the show so far:

    Col. Eve Baird: ESTJ (to the max)
    Flynn: ISTP (an ISTP left alone for too long!)
    Cassandra: INTP (Ne is clear, & I believe Ti as well. I'm not certain her Fe is inferior, so she could be ENTP)
    Ezekiel Jones: ESTP (definite xSTP)
    Stone: ISTP (definite Se at least)
    Jenkins: really tough to tell (possibly a grumpy ISFJ, or ISTJ)

    I hope I'm not the only one really enjoying this show. :) :D It's quirky, creative, & hilarious. :)
    TyranAmiros thanked this post.



  2. #2
    INTP - The Thinkers

    I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes the show!

    Just to get some discussion going:

    Baird: ESTJ is not a bad fit. But does she use enough Si/Ne?
    Flynn: ENTP--the whole polymath dimension pushes me toward Ne--I think he not only loves learning for learning's sake, but he's always drawing out random connections. Not to mention that he notices random things ("the trees are wrong") and misses a lot right in front of him.
    Cassandra: ISFJ. Strong Fe user, definitely not Ne dom. I agree on the functions, but I think she's an introverted sensor--the Ne is inferior (her fear of pushing herself, her taking jobs below her capabilities)
    Ezekiel: A well-rounded ESTP for once. I agree.
    Stone: ISTP is not a bad choice
    Jenkins: ISTJ seems right

    Dulac: The constant refrain of Camelot may seem Si at first, but the idealization of it indicates its Ni nature. Stereotypical INxJ villain?

  3. #3
    INTP - The Thinkers

    Col. Eve Baird: ESTJ definitely
    Flynn: INTP
    Cassandra: ENTP
    Ezekiel Jones: ESTP
    Stone: Strikes me as an ISFJ
    Jenkins: ISTJ? probably.
    Sdsinger, Sdsinger, Sdsinger and 4 others thanked this post.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    ISFP - The Artists

    @katsux :
    Col. Eve Baird: ESTJ definitely
    Flynn: INTP
    Cassandra: ENTP
    Ezekiel Jones: ESTP
    Stone: Strikes me as an ISFJ
    Jenkins: ISTJ? probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by TyranAmiros View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes the show!

    Just to get some discussion going:

    Baird: ESTJ is not a bad fit. But does she use enough Si/Ne?
    Flynn: ENTP--the whole polymath dimension pushes me toward Ne--I think he not only loves learning for learning's sake, but he's always drawing out random connections. Not to mention that he notices random things ("the trees are wrong") and misses a lot right in front of him.
    Cassandra: ISFJ. Strong Fe user, definitely not Ne dom. I agree on the functions, but I think she's an introverted sensor--the Ne is inferior (her fear of pushing herself, her taking jobs below her capabilities)
    Ezekiel: A well-rounded ESTP for once. I agree.
    Stone: ISTP is not a bad choice
    Jenkins: ISTJ seems right

    Dulac: The constant refrain of Camelot may seem Si at first, but the idealization of it indicates its Ni nature. Stereotypical INxJ villain?
    Yeah, Dulac is hard for me! (And I still need to watch the last two episodes.)

    And Cassandra was hard as well - I kept debating between ISFJ & xNTP. It seems we do all agree on the functions, but yeah - she seems to have/use a lot of Fe and Ne. The reason I thought it might be inferior, rather than auxiliary, is because of her betrayal in the first episode, and not understanding why Stone can't just get over it. But then in the episode with the really spooky scary house (though I loved how it ended), she showed a lot of Fe. Hmmmm...

    Stone is also a little tricky. I could almost see him as ISFP, too, particularly with the black & white "you betrayed us - I like you, but I can't trust you" thing. (Could be from dominant Fi.) But there are ISTPs who would do the same thing. I think his Se is pretty clear, due to his love of action and hands-on work, and his attention to (& love of) detail. And I have to admit that I love (love!) that his character is from Oklahoma. As is Christian Kane, and it's my home state, too. :) (An awesome Okie portrayed as something more than an unintelligent hick? Yay!!!)

    @katsux , I'm curious - why does he strike you as an ISFJ? (I'm not saying you're wrong at all - he's one I have a harder time typing & would be curious to hear others' thoughts & reasonings.) :)

    I think both of you are probably right about Flynn - a fellow "typologist" (I made that up just now, but I like it) thought he was an ISTP and that his rambling was Ni gone wild after being alone and on his own for waaaaaay too long. (But he's so quick on his feet, verbally, that it does strike me as more Ne-Ti (or Ti-Ne), and I could definitely see Ne-dominance, Ti-aux.)

    Also, I think Bruce Campbell's Santa might have been an ISTP. ;)

    On Baird - I could see ENTJ, potentially. The Te-dominance is obvious, haha. But I do still think ESTJ, personally, because she's pretty set on doing things a certain way (traditional training methods, her desk being arranged a certain way & her constantly fighting to get it back to the way she wants it, after it keeps resetting to Flynn's specifications, refusing to call Santa "Santa" because of her preconceived notions about the being's existence), and is very comfortable with set roles (she takes very quickly to being the "guardian") and yet she also occasionally has flashes of ideas (Ne) & improvising - but it's not as well-developed at all. I think she really *wants* to believe in Santa, but trusts her past experience, which has only ever shown her a world without Santa/hope. She's very, very grounded and "by-the-book." (Ni/Se tends to be more comfortable trying new things, breaking the mold, doing "their thing," etc.)
    TyranAmiros, TyranAmiros, TyranAmiros and 4 others thanked this post.

  6. #5

    Quote Originally Posted by TyranAmiros View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes the show!

    Just to get some discussion going:

    Baird: ESTJ is not a bad fit. But does she use enough Si/Ne?
    Flynn: ENTP--the whole polymath dimension pushes me toward Ne--I think he not only loves learning for learning's sake, but he's always drawing out random connections. Not to mention that he notices random things ("the trees are wrong") and misses a lot right in front of him.
    Cassandra: ISFJ. Strong Fe user, definitely not Ne dom. I agree on the functions, but I think she's an introverted sensor--the Ne is inferior (her fear of pushing herself, her taking jobs below her capabilities)
    Ezekiel: A well-rounded ESTP for once. I agree.
    Stone: ISTP is not a bad choice
    Jenkins: ISTJ seems right

    Dulac: The constant refrain of Camelot may seem Si at first, but the idealization of it indicates its Ni nature. Stereotypical INxJ villain?
    Agreed with all of these.

    I can see why, behaviour-wise, people might type Cassandra as an ENTP, but... No. She is an ISFJ. An incredibly intelligent, data-accessing ISFJ.

    Flynn I might've actually typed as an ENFP, but a definite Ne-dom. You see it especially in the movies.
    TyranAmiros, Sdsinger, TyranAmiros and 31 others thanked this post.

  7. #6
    ISFP - The Artists

    Quote Originally Posted by Word Dispenser View Post
    Agreed with all of these.

    I can see why, behaviour-wise, people might type Cassandra as an ENTP, but... No. She is an ISFJ. An incredibly intelligent, data-accessing ISFJ. It's all about cognitive preference, here.
    See, that makes perfect sense to me. ISFJ seems to fit her so much better (& still fits the cognitive functions). :)

    Flynn I might've actually typed as an ENFP, but a definite Ne-dom. You see it especially in the movies.
    Awesome! :D :D :D I found them at Walmart the other day, but haven't watched them yet. :) I'm sure I'll love them! :D (I can remember seeing the previews/trailers on TNT when they came out, in between Law & Order, Angel, Charmed, etc, episodes, and thinking, "Hmmmm - that looks like fun!" but never watched them at the time.)

    @Word Dispenser , what do you think about Stone? I'm having some trouble pinpointing him. My thought is ISxP, and he strikes me as an ISTP, but he took Cassandra's betrayal so personally, and the way he makes other decisions, seems like he could be an Fi-dom. (It wasn't that he saw her as betraying the group - what upset him the most was how it affected him.)
    Last edited by Sdsinger; 02-06-2015 at 06:06 PM. Reason: fixed mention

  8. #7

    Quote Originally Posted by Sdsinger View Post
    See, that makes perfect sense to me. ISFJ seems to fit her so much better (& still fits the cognitive functions). :)



    Awesome! :D :D :D I found them at Walmart the other day, but haven't watched them yet. :) I'm sure I'll love them! :D (I can remember seeing the previews/trailers on TNT when they came out, in between Law & Order, Angel, Charmed, etc, episodes, and thinking, "Hmmmm - that looks like fun!" but never watched them at the time.)

    @Word Dispenser, what do you think about Stone? I'm having some trouble pinpointing him. My thought is ISxP, and he strikes me as an ISTP, but he took Cassandra's betrayal so personally, and the way he makes other decisions, seems like he could be an Fi-dom. (It wasn't that he saw her as betraying the group - what upset him the most was how it affected him.)
    Oh, and I wasn't saying that Flynn was more ENFP in the movies, I just mean you can see the Ne-dominance in the movie. I'm not sure whether he's ENTP or ENFP, but I could see either. It just depends on whether he hates Fi, or hates Ti, haha.

    Stone's either an ESTP or an ISTP. Being upset/emotional can apply to any type, so keep that in mind.

    Look at Dean from Supernatural-- He's incredibly emotional. But, he still has logic in the ego. (ESTP, in my opinion.) Thinkers feel, feelers think.

    In fact, a lot of the time, thinkers have more trouble with dealing with emotions, so they can come out more often (Especially in Fe-types). It also depends on environment and upbringing. I can be a waterfall at times.
    Sdsinger, Sdsinger, Sdsinger and 12 others thanked this post.

  9. #8
    ISFP - The Artists

    Quote Originally Posted by Word Dispenser View Post
    Oh, and I wasn't saying that Flynn was more ENFP in the movies, I just mean you can see the Ne-dominance in the movie. I'm not sure whether he's ENTP or ENFP, but I could see either. It just depends on whether he hates Fi, or hates Ti, haha.
    Ahhh, very cool. :D I definitely need to watch the movies soon. :D

    Stone's either an ESTP or an ISTP. Being upset/emotional can apply to any type, so keep that in mind.

    Look at Dean from Supernatural-- He's incredibly emotional. But, he still has logic in the ego. (ESTP, in my opinion.) Thinkers feel, feelers think.
    True! And I agree - I think he's more than likely an ISTP (possibly ESTP, but I don't know that Se is his dominant). I was just curious. :D

    In fact, a lot of the time, thinkers have more trouble with dealing with emotions, so they can come out more often (Especially in Fe-types). It also depends on environment and upbringing. I can be a waterfall at times.
    Haha!! That's very true! :D

    (And that's refreshing - I'm constantly hearing that someone must be an Fi-dom because they're emotional or driven by emotion. It's like - that's really any type, and depending on how it's expressed, it's often an Fe-inferior type or something!)

  10. #9

    Quote Originally Posted by Sdsinger View Post
    (And that's refreshing - I'm constantly hearing that someone must be an Fi-dom because they're emotional or driven by emotion. It's like - that's really any type, and depending on how it's expressed, it's often an Fe-inferior type or something!)
    Yeah, actually... Fi-types tend to be more reserved with their emotions, particularly Fi-dom and aux. I would guess that they cry and have outbursts of any emotional sort a lot less often than people with Fe anywhere. Although I have noticed that they have certain extremes, they are 'quiet', and the spectrum seems to go from 'acidic' to 'quietly amused'. Does that make sense?

    They may actually feel emotionless a lot of the time-- That's why so many Fi-egos tend to type themselves as thinkers. Because they confuse a lack of emotion for logical preference. Fi is actually a rational function, though, so it can be confusing for the people who have to deal with it, I think.
    Sdsinger, Sdsinger, Sdsinger and 12 others thanked this post.

  11. #10
    ISFP - The Artists

    Quote Originally Posted by Word Dispenser View Post
    Yeah, actually... Fi-types tend to be more reserved with their emotions, particularly Fi-dom and aux. I would guess that they cry and have outbursts of any emotional sort a lot less often than people with Fe anywhere. Although I have noticed that they have certain extremes, they are 'quiet', and the spectrum seems to go from 'acidic' to 'quietly amused'. Does that make sense?
    Oh, very much so. I can get very excited when talking about favorite topics, or if I'm very overwhelmed with emotion (positive or negative) or stress, but even then, I'm usually on a pretty even keel compared to most people, I'm a lot better at containing my reactions. (Unless animals are getting hurt. :( I can't handle that. I'm definitely sensitive. Or something really hits home, and then I can try to contain the tears, but if I lose it, it'll take time to get it back, though I can usually still manage to cry quietly enough that people don't realize it.) And I'm definitely quieter than most. Unless I'm in a Te-Hermione-mode... ;)

    They may actually feel emotionless a lot of the time-- That's why so many Fi-egos tend to type themselves as thinkers. Because they confuse a lack of emotion for logical preference. Fi is actually a rational function, though, so it can be confusing for the people who have to deal with it, I think.
    Yes! Very much this. :) And while I never fully typed myself as an INTJ, I could relate because of the common functions. And under extreme stress my Te comes out in a not-so-pretty way. General-like is a very good way to describe it. "You! Do this. Okay - here, here, here. Alright! [someone asks stupid question] No. Okay, Person A do this, Person B do this, Person C do this after Person A gets done with that. NO! That this, this there, then this, and that." (Okay, there's usually more detail, but that's the general idea.) Fortunately, my "in-the-grip" experiences have gotten much fewer & farther between. I do still see exaggerated Fi every once in a while, but I've gotten better about not letting it get to full-blown inferior Te. I've also learned to control my Te a bit better, so I can utilize it without terrorizing those around me, or only in the case of surprising those who don't expect cold hard logic from someone like me when they're being a bully or egotistical jerk. (Unless someone's being a bully to me. Then I'm an easy target. :/ )

    Anyway, I love functions because they help me make sense of those around me. My dad's an INTP - we love each other, but always used to clash when I was growing up, because he's a Ti-dom (& Ti-Ne specifically), and I'm an Fi-dom. It took a very long time before I could win an argument against him, and I still usually can't if it's only a theoretical one. My mom's an ENFP, and I realized that we get along really, really well, primarily because of our common Fi-Te, but she also wears me slick sometimes (her Ne is off the chart). And I annoy her because she'll be trying to come up with helpful suggestions for action & I point out why they realistically might not work. (Ne vs Se) (And I'm not trying to be facetious in those moments, or purposely annoy her.)

    And my little sister is an INFJ. Very, very, very Ni-Ti, and some Fe, but it's not quite as well-developed. (It comes out more in guilt trips and what she thinks people "should" be doing.) She also had never actually taken the MBTI, because I could never get her to finish any version of it. She would sit there & argue every single question, asking "Why" & "What if" & being annoyed by the options. I'd been talking with her about it for years, and one day, out of the blue, I got a text that said "INFJ." She read through type descriptions and said that was the one that fit her the best (& we've since confirmed that is her best-fit type - I actually am officially certified in the administration & interpretation of the MBTI). :D

    But anyway...sorry, that was a little off-topic! :D

    Right. Librarians. :D


     
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Any librarians? Or people who know librarians?
    By leafling in forum Education & Career Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2012, 03:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:42 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0