Family's Personality Types

Family's Personality Types

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 490
Thank Tree37Thanks

This is a discussion on Family's Personality Types within the Guess the type forums, part of the What's my personality type? category; My mom is an ESTJ - The Guardian. She is a model citizen of the community. As a mom, she ...

  1. #1
    Unknown

    What personality type are your parents?

    My mom is an ESTJ - The Guardian. She is a model citizen of the community. As a mom, she is the best parent you can ever have. I love her to death.

    My dad, I know nothing about because my mom left him when I was 5 years old and he died 2 years ago.

    What are your parents personality types?



  2. #2
    INTP - The Thinkers

    My dad is an ISTP, and my mom was an INFP. I think I got along with my mom better because she was always into crafts and stuff like that. We did activities etc together. My dad has a "hard worker" mentality.

  3. #3
    Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by Vardigon View Post
    My dad is an ISTP, and my mom was an INFP. I think I got along with my mom better because she was always into crafts and stuff like that. We did activities etc together. My dad has a "hard worker" mentality.
    Your parents are introvert and your extrovert. My mom is an extrovert and I'm an introvert. Do you see a pattern? I think our personalities become opposite of our parents.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    INTP - The Thinkers

    Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Your parents are introvert and your extrovert. My mom is an extrovert and I'm an introvert. Do you see a pattern? I think our personalities become opposite of our parents.
    I've thought about possibilities of personality relating to the types of the parents involved. But I don't think it's a simple correlation between introversion and extroversion. There's one guy I've spoken to online who is an ENTJ. His dad is an ENFJ. I'm not sure what type his mom is. Though I think there could be something where you create a "hybrid" style personality, according to my interpretation of Socionics, if two of the parents have conflicting personality types.

  6. #5
    INFP - The Idealists

    My dad's an ISTJ and my mom's an INFJ. I love them both and had good relationships with them growing up. My mom is the one I can talk with easily about anything deep, important, or personal, but my dad stresses me out less. When my mom's away on business, the house is a lot less tense. My mom gets stressed out at work and takes it out on everything around her, tidying up frantically. I learned to associate cleaning and neatness with stress early on, which might be why I am an INFP instead of a J.



    rachelbird26 thanked this post.

  7. #6
    Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by Vardigon View Post
    I've thought about possibilities of personality relating to the types of the parents involved. But I don't think it's a simple correlation between introversion and extroversion. There's one guy I've spoken to online who is an ENTJ. His dad is an ENFJ. I'm not sure what type his mom is. Though I think there could be something where you create a "hybrid" style personality, according to my interpretation of Socionics, if two of the parents have conflicting personality types.


    I believe in your socionics theory, but I believe that everyone has more than one personality.

  8. #7
    INTP - The Thinkers

    Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    I believe in your socionics theory, but I believe that everyone has more than one personality.
    Yeah, people aren't monolithic. We all have different building blocks. I'm technically an extrovert but I act like an introvert. I'm quite shy. I'm also a Gemini, so one might say that every aspect of me has a conflicting opposite :). People are bundles of processes. So you are right in saying that people have more than one personality, because we aren't one-sided, but many-faceted.
    MilkyWay132 and justjay thanked this post.

  9. #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    My mom is an ESTJ - The Guardian. She is a model citizen of the community. As a mom, she is the best parent you can ever have. I love her to death.

    My dad, I know nothing about because my mom left him when I was 5 years old and he died 2 years ago.

    What are your parents personality types?

    Woot! Your mom is like me!!!!!

    Haha. Yeah, my mom is too. She does so much work, and is still the best mother on earth. I also, love her to death.

    I'm sorry to hear about your father, Lance. He's up there (points to the sky) though.

    Cheers,

    Sticky.

  10. #9
    Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by Stickynotee View Post
    Woot! Your mom is like me!!!!!

    Haha. Yeah, my mom is too. She does so much work, and is still the best mother on earth. I also, love her to death.

    I'm sorry to hear about your father, Lance. He's up there (points to the sky) though.

    Cheers,

    Sticky.
    Thank you for your comfort words.
    Stickynotee and Watercolourful thanked this post.

  11. #10

    No problem, Lance. :)


     
Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Personality Type Least Likely To Dig Personality Typing
    By Mystic Jenn in forum Myers Briggs Forum
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 01-22-2018, 11:46 AM
  2. Historical MBTI Personality Types
    By Spooky in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-19-2017, 06:18 AM
  3. Replies: 127
    Last Post: 01-07-2015, 02:18 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:14 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0