Unsure of my Head Type in Tritype (459/469/479?)

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Thank Tree2Thanks
  • 1 Post By Karkino
  • 1 Post By Karkino

This is a discussion on Unsure of my Head Type in Tritype (459/469/479?) within the Head Triad - Types 5,6,7 forums, part of the Enneagram Personality Theory Forum category; Hi y'all! As I was mentioning in my introduction post, I've been recently contemplating the 3 Head Types (5, 6 ...

Hi y'all!

As I was mentioning in my introduction post, I've been recently contemplating the 3 Head Types (5, 6 and 7) in my tritype since I'm unsure which one fits me best since I can display some of the characteristics of each one. So, in order to ease into the process, I'll be describing some of the main traits that have been with me since childhood. Could you guys please give me a hand by telling me your insights with my description below?
    Also, I identify most with Enneatype 4 and my prefered Gut Type is 9.

P.S.: Bold terms in sentence means that I'm accentuating it's importance.

In order of importance:

I'm very sensitive to criticism and feelings of incompetence, even when I'm discussing or doing something related to my interests;

Feelings of inadequacy and non-conformity has always been part of me, especially in social situations;

I've always been very critical of myself and tend to minimize my success while focusing on the negative or lack of performance/skill;

I secretly hate it when people gets to shine in an artistic area; even the feeling of watching someone performing awesomely is unbeareable at times;

I love to daydream and try to create something unique in all my art;

I will try to avoid any social event by fear of inadequacy and strongly prefer being indoors minding my own business;

If I'm not interested in a topic or subject and said topic requires sustained attention in my life (aka school/work), it will be quite difficult to concentrate and participate. I will need several breaks to maintain a steady concentration;

I love to weep over sad/dramatic music, anime, video game cutscences, etc. Anything that makes an intense emotional trigger will make me deeply satisfied;

I hate the mundane, ordinary everday life that seems to fill my environment. I sometimes ridicule 'normal' behavior when I see its 'boringness';

I love to act out before my friends and make them laugh to get their attention and feedback; I even have my own characters that over-emphasize neurotic traits like insecurity and mindlessness;

I don't like neutral or over-detached conversations 'cause it seems the person I'm talking is more in control/superior than I am;

I cannot stand control (even advice) form people, especially if I'm already angry or annoyed. I can act anywhere between unresponsive and petty/agressive before leaving the scene if the option's available;

I tend to be a know-it-all in various obscure topics and will not hesitate to boost my ego if said topic is brought upon conversation.

Again, thank you for reading this post and taking your time answering it. I really appreciate it.
    Last edited by Karkino; 05-25-2017 at 06:34 PM.

Type 1w9

4w3 9w1 6w7. I could see an argument for 4w3 9w1 7w6, but I believe it is less likely.

Type 4w5

Hello Krayfish,

Thank you for answering. I did review some of the material I have on tritypes and wings and I came to a conclusion (maybe). I think you may be right on the 4w3 as I am competitive and result-oriented even if I am very passive and non-involved. I was praised for my talents as a child and was encouraged to believe that my talents made me unique and exceptional. I may also explain my social dominant instinct.
    However, I still stand by my 459 tritype as the 469 one seems too hesitant and conflict-avoidant to my taste. I have the 5 rough-edges when I'm in my private world and can be very cranky if someone rubs me the wrong way. I mean, I like peace and the 9ish non-involvement, but I can be aloof and detached like a 5 if time permits. I tend to space out if I'm in a group conversation long enough and get the urge to get the heck out it very fast. I like like to give out advice and analyse people, but only if alone or one-to-one.

Ok, that sums it all I think. Thank you for sharing your insight again!
    Krayfish thanked this post.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements

Type 1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Karkino View Post
    Hello Krayfish,

Thank you for answering. I did review some of the material I have on tritypes and wings and I came to a conclusion (maybe). I think you may be right on the 4w3 as I am competitive and result-oriented even if I am very passive and non-involved. I was praised for my talents as a child and was encouraged to believe that my talents made me unique and exceptional. I may also explain my social dominant instinct.
    However, I still stand by my 459 tritype as the 469 one seems too hesitant and conflict-avoidant to my taste. I have the 5 rough-edges when I'm in my private world and can be very cranky if someone rubs me the wrong way. I mean, I like peace and the 9ish non-involvement, but I can be aloof and detached like a 5 if time permits. I tend to space out if I'm in a group conversation long enough and get the urge to get the heck out it very fast. I like like to give out advice and analyse people, but only if alone or one-to-one.

Ok, that sums it all I think. Thank you for sharing your insight again!
    Interesting

I'd argue that 459 would be more hesitant and avoidant of conflict because of it's extreamly withdrawn nature (actually what you described as type 5 sounds more like introversion).

Also, cp 6 would actually be more comparable to type 8 at times (people often mistake the two). cp 6 is actually far from being conflict avoident, as it is part of the enneagram reactive triad.

Here is a good description:

"When healthy, counterphobic Sixes are often courageous, willing to take a tiger by the tail and yank. They can be physically adventuresome, highly skilled and have a real gusto for living. If they participate in a tradition, it is usually in the role of constructive gadfly. Their underlying mission is to serve the tradition by stirring it up. They consider themselves team players who offer useful alternatives, using the old as a springboard to the new. To this end, they may be energetic, honest, assertive, and have many good ideas.
    If a healthy counterphobic Six is not serving a tradition, he or she is often creative and original. The Sixes ability to look past appearances and to question assumptions leads them deeper into a unique point of view. Artistic expression is attractive as a core assertion of their power and as a way to resolve a general sense of alienation." (https://personalitycafe.com/type-6-fo...scription.html )

While I would suggest reading more up on cp type 6, if you believe 459 is the correct type, I will trust your judgement, as you know yourself better than I.
    Last edited by Krayfish; 05-29-2017 at 04:29 PM. Reason: citations

Type 4w5

Unfortunately I don't relate to CP 6 dynamic. I only get agressive/impulsive if I'm being annoyed with loud/boring people. I do relate more with the phobic 6 though so I may be a wing. The hesitant part of 459 may be because of its need to completely grasp the whole concept before engaging with reality. 469 is also hesitant but need external/social validation from its findings and may feel more insecure if the former beliefs clashes with people's thoughts.
    So maybe my verdict would be 4w3 9w1 5w6 SO/SP

Hope this makes sense.
    Krayfish thanked this post.