[Enneagram Type 7] Famous, High Functioning Enneagram 7's

Famous, High Functioning Enneagram 7's

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thank Tree3Thanks

This is a discussion on Famous, High Functioning Enneagram 7's within the Head Triad - Types 5,6,7 forums, part of the Enneagram Personality Theory Forum category; Post your favorite successful, accomplished, or realized Enneagram 7's, and what you admire about them! Leonard Bernstein Great musician, conductor, ...

Type 7w6

Famous, High Functioning Enneagram 7's

Post your favorite successful, accomplished, or realized Enneagram 7's, and what you admire about them!

Leonard Bernstein

Great musician, conductor, composer, pianist
    Tremendously versatile, as a musician and as a man (from rock to jazz to classical to world to pop to broadway)
    Brilliant scholar, linguist, rhetorician, historian, philosopher
    Swordsman of Mana thanked this post.

Definitely a brilliant 7!

I'll add to the list Martha Argerich ;) ... one of the greatest (female to boot) virtuoso pianists

But I think it's also likely that Liszt himself was 7w6...either that or 3w4, it's tough to tell. Mozart too.

Let's get some 7w8s on the list too:

JFK
    Yngwie ("Ing-vay") Malmsteen (neo-classical guitarist)
    Federico Fellini (classic film director)
    Last edited by Awake; 05-10-2016 at 11:43 AM.

Type 7w6

So, Martha Argerich. I know that this thread is about the great 7's. But she is such a powerful example of the 4w3. . .can't say I mind learning that about her. (And her playing, an emotional inferno of musical expression. . .very, very four.)

Mozart. . .7w6 for him, no doubt. Actually, his music may be the most perfectly 7 music of all time. And he struggled for his growth towards 5. . .always successfully, and only writing fugues seems to have daunted him, stopped him even. . .but even then he is a perfect example of a 7 working for his integration fearlessly and energetically.

JFK. . .I could see him as 7w6. He loved variety in his love life, and his 7ish tendencies defined his presidency, and help to explain his charm and charisma.

Yngwie, got that, yes. 7w8, for sure.
    And Fellini a 7! I had no idea.

I do love my high functioning 7's!
    Last edited by 374714; 05-10-2016 at 07:37 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BodilessVoice View Post
    Post your favorite successful, accomplished, or realized Enneagram 7's, and what you admire about them!

Leonard Bernstein

Great musician, conductor, composer, pianist
    Tremendously versatile, as a musician and as a man (from rock to jazz to classical to world to pop to broadway)
    Brilliant scholar, linguist, rhetorician, historian, philosopher
    many scientists were high functioning 7s: Nikola Tesla, Richard Feynman, Charles Darwin, and even Einstein were 7s (seriously, read about his personal life. he was a friggin troll growing up XD)

My pleasure! Also, consider Syd Barrett and Jim Morrison (both 5ish 7s)

Yes, 5s can be quite "trollish" (like living under the bridge type)...I go 5(w6) for Darwin...just seems too dry and "crusty" to be 7...same goes for Einstein (highly remote and eccentric, 5w4).

Feynman yes, Tesla I don't know...hard to tell with older ones, he seems 5w4 though...

Btw bodiless voice, I was thinking soc/sx for Martha...clearly has the 4w3 fix, and also a 1w9 fix I think...such perfectionism!

This is just an off-topic note on my mom, who I have as 2w1 soc/sx...she described soc/sx to me so well..."I feel nervous in front of others, I avoid public speaking...others I know say they're anxious about public speaking but they do it anyway..." Yet, she's good socially and threw parties when I was growing up...seems to always have a large circle of friends, of varying qualities and levels of closeness.

Kind of explains Martha's way of playing and teaching. Apparently she visited WWU (where I went to undergrad) and gave a master class. She could perform the piece of a given student, basically on the spot, in front of others, front to back, but struggled to explain to others how to do what she could do. To me that seems very soc/sx. I guess she ended up crying that night because she had so much trouble communicating what she was thinking/feeling in front of an audience. The mysteries of virtuosity!

Other virtuoso soc/sx's:

Stanley Kubrick (5w4)
    Yngwie Malmsteen (7w8)
    Eddie Van Halen (7w8)

and some mentionable sx/soc musical experts...:

Liszt (7w6?)
    Amy Winehouse (6w7)
    Brian Eno (5w6)
    Last edited by Awake; 05-10-2016 at 07:14 PM.

Type 7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsman of Mana View Post
    many scientists were high functioning 7s: Nikola Tesla, Richard Feynman, Charles Darwin, and even Einstein were 7s (seriously, read about his personal life. he was a friggin troll growing up XD)
    Richard Feynman. . .a seven, and very high functioning if ever there was one! He's another personal hero of mine.
    Swordsman of Mana thanked this post.

Type 7w6

One of the most wonderfully brilliant 7's of our era. . .Robin Williams!

Type 7w6

Joseph Campbell, one of the most reverberant men of the 20th century. . .and yes, a 7!

Type 7w6

Another comedian. . .so obviously a 7! Here's short interview with him. . .fun to watch too.

Type 7w6

Often described as one the greatest actors, ever. . .Sir John Gielgud.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast