Ask: The Forum's Fitness Freaks! - Page 38

Ask: The Forum's Fitness Freaks!

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 38 of 91 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 905
Thank Tree604Thanks

This is a discussion on Ask: The Forum's Fitness Freaks! within the Health and Fitness forums, part of the Topics of Interest category; @ webnek Woow, this is some golden advice! I will definitely be trying this out, today is bicep day so ...

  1. #371

    @webnek
    Woow, this is some golden advice!
    I will definitely be trying this out, today is bicep day so I'm in luck. Thanks!
    webnek thanked this post.

  2. #372

    Hey folks. I'm the last person to turn fan boy but if you're thinking of buying a rack of dumbbells then I would urge you to consider the bowflex adjustable dumbells. Here is a photo of my setup including them.



    They work by "dialing in" the weight you want while they're sitting on their base. Then you lift them out and only the discs that add up to the weight selected are attached to the dumbbell. It's a brilliant design.

    You can find the 10 to 50lb versions at any big box sporting goods store. If you're a bit beyond 50lb dumbbells for many exercises as I am, you can order the 10 to 90lb versions on Amazon. They're not cheap, but are far less expensive than a rack of standard dumbbells. And they take up far less room.

    The only caveat is that the dumbbells are slightly wider than fixed weight dumbbells so certain seated bench exercises must be performed standing but otherwise they're AMAZING.

    Anyway, I thought I would provide this testimonial in case anyone else was thinking about buying some free weights for their home!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

  3. #373

    Quote Originally Posted by webnek View Post
    Hey folks. I'm the last person to turn fan boy but if you're thinking of buying a rack of dumbbells then I would urge you to consider the bowflex adjustable dumbells. Here is a photo of my setup including them.



    They work by "dialing in" the weight you want while they're sitting on their base. Then you lift them out and only the discs that add up to the weight selected are attached to the dumbbell. It's a brilliant design.

    You can find the 10 to 50lb versions at any big box sporting goods store. If you're a bit beyond 50lb dumbbells for many exercises as I am, you can order the 10 to 90lb versions on Amazon. They're not cheap, but are far less expensive than a rack of standard dumbbells. And they take up far less room.

    The only caveat is that the dumbbells are slightly wider than fixed weight dumbbells so certain seated bench exercises must be performed standing but otherwise they're AMAZING.

    Anyway, I thought I would provide this testimonial in case anyone else was thinking about buying some free weights for their home!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    My brother has a set too! They are amazing. I love using them.
    webnek thanked this post.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #374

    If 'weight' is gained during a woman's Totm, will it eventually go afterwards? :/

    Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

  6. #375

    Quote Originally Posted by isingthebodyelectric View Post
    If 'weight' is gained during a woman's Totm, will it eventually go afterwards? :/

    Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk
    I'm not a female, but many of my lady friends have told me their water weight increases leading up to the totm and then decreases afterwards.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

  7. #376

    Quote Originally Posted by webnek View Post
    I'm not a female, but many of my lady friends have told me their water weight increases leading up to the totm and then decreases afterwards.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Yes, I as a female can confirm that this is true.

  8. #377

    How's it possible to gain 2 pounds in one day?!

  9. #378

    Quote Originally Posted by isingthebodyelectric View Post
    How's it possible to gain 2 pounds in one day?!
    Water weight? If you eat a high sodium meal or drink a high sodium beverage your body will retain more water until your sodium level normalizes.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

  10. #379

    Quote Originally Posted by webnek View Post
    Water weight? If you eat a high sodium meal or drink a high sodium beverage your body will retain more water until your sodium level normalizes.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    I thought so but I can't think of what it was that I might've eaten or drank that had a high amount of sodium in it.

  11. #380

    Quote Originally Posted by killerB View Post
    Personally, no. I would get a clean bill from the doc. Of course it is up to you. It is entirely possible you just really sprained it horribly, and need some stregthening, but you need to, or at least you should, get it checked out first.
    Well I went to the doctor, and the results were fucking weird. He just told me to take aleve twice a day and go swimming for exercise instead.

    After twisting my ankle around a bit (I told him it only hurt when I stretched it for long periods or put it in a hard impact situation, such as running), he just kicked back in a chair and said it was strained and I should just go about my life and expect it to get better in another six months.

    I'm no medical professional, but advertising I take aleve twice a day for six months seems a bit crazy to me.

    Can you offer any insight?

    I appreciate your help so far with this. It means a lot.


     
Page 38 of 91 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Freaks and Geeks
    By Kilgore Trout in forum Guess the type
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-19-2016, 01:38 PM
  2. [INFP] Freaks me out!
    By majestic beauty in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-26-2014, 12:31 AM
  3. [INFP] Freaks and Geeks fans?
    By Calvaire in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 11:31 AM
  4. Freaks and Geeks
    By Schwarz in forum Guess the type
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 05:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:07 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0