Ask: The Forum's Fitness Freaks! - Page 81

Ask: The Forum's Fitness Freaks!

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 81 of 91 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 905
Thank Tree604Thanks

This is a discussion on Ask: The Forum's Fitness Freaks! within the Health and Fitness forums, part of the Topics of Interest category; Ok I have a question. How do I make my calves bigger?...

  1. #801

    Ok I have a question. How do I make my calves bigger?

  2. #802

    Quote Originally Posted by Witch of Karma View Post
    Is that story true or just a fake story created to inspire people?
    I don't truly 100 percent know, lol. You're missing the point here :P


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #803

    Quote Originally Posted by JayShambles View Post
    I'm by no means any expert within yoga, but living in Australia I'm completely aware of (since I have attended many sessions of) free yoga classes that "Lululemon" holds every Sunday at each of their stores. The professional yoga teachers there will happily give you "better" advice than many.. Although, I'm starting to think that Lululemon maybe an Australian only franchise.. If so, I apologise.. Ha! There's definitely other similar franchises that could help you out. Places that sell yoga mats. Inquire within


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your lack of expert knowledge and crippling low self esteem is sickening.

    Yes, they have a Lululemon in Canada and it's very popular with women; to a somewhat nauseating and sickening degree.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #804

    I am really surprised more people here don't practice yoga, though. I believe it's one of the healthiest things you can do for yourself. Geesh, working out isn't all that there is.

  6. #805

    Ask: The Forum's Fitness Freaks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Witch of Karma View Post
    Ok I have a question. How do I make my calves bigger?
    Calve raises to put it simply, but if you're not training in the gym you can just use an elevated platform, whether it be an aerobic step or a mere concrete slab. You'll have your feet around 30cm apart and only your tip toes placed on the edge of the platform, so you'll need something to help you balance.

    This is where you'd improvise with gym equipment, and if your gym doesn't have a calve raising machine then you'd use the smith machine with the aerobic step, use the bar to help you balance as you elevate your body using only your tip toes to raise your body, which you should feel a concentrated burn within your calve muscles. Go easy to begin with, and then rep it out to the max. Do as many as you feel comfortable with

    If at the gym and on the smith machine, start adding weight to that bar and smash it out ;)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Amy thanked this post.

  7. #806

    Ask: The Forum's Fitness Freaks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Meteoric Shadows View Post
    Your lack of expert knowledge and crippling low self esteem is sickening.

    Yes, they have a Lululemon in Canada and it's very popular with women; to a somewhat nauseating and sickening degree.
    You are an odd guy aren't ya


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #807

    Quote Originally Posted by JayShambles View Post
    Calve raises to put it simply, but if you're not training in the gym you can just use an elevated platform, whether it be an aerobic step or a mere concrete slab. You'll have your feet around 30cm apart and only your tip toes placed on the edge of the platform, so you'll need something to help you balance.

    This is where you'd improvise with gym equipment, and if your gym doesn't have a calve raising machine then you'd use the smith machine with the aerobic step, use the bar to help you balance as you elevate your body using only your tip toes to raise your body, which you should feel a concentrated burn within your calve muscles. Go easy to begin with, and then rep it out to the max. Do as many as you feel comfortable with

    If at the gym and on the smith machine, start adding weight to that bar and smash it out ;)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's just that? I heard you should do not just one kind of exercise ("you" is not personal), is that true?

  9. #808

    @Witch of Karma

    Why do you want bigger calves is the question that should be asked first. If you are seeking only the calf muscle because it's underdeveloped in comparison to other muscles, then isolating the muscle while training it is how it's done. Isolating muscles is great at working on your weak spots.

    However if you want functional muscle fitness, then you want to do squats and work your entire legs in one motion. I would recommend calisthenics however calisthenics is not particularly good at training your leg strength.

    You should also work on your flexibility with dorsiflexion and plantar flexion to avoid injury. You can google what those words mean and how to stretch effectively.
    Amy thanked this post.

  10. #809

    Quote Originally Posted by Meteoric Shadows View Post
    I am really surprised more people here don't practice yoga, though. I believe it's one of the healthiest things you can do for yourself. Geesh, working out isn't all that there is.
    Yoga is great. Have you tried Pilates? It was designed with the idea that training the abdomen is the most important part of fitness because that's where every motion starts from. And I agree with that idea.

    Yoga really helps with my back muscles and my shoulder + hip flexibility.

  11. #810

    Quote Originally Posted by Stelliferous View Post
    @Witch of Karma

    Why do you want bigger calves is the question that should be asked first. If you are seeking only the calf muscle because it's underdeveloped in comparison to other muscles, then isolating the muscle while training it is how it's done. Isolating muscles is great at working on your weak spots.
    That's what I want...
    However if you want functional muscle fitness, then you want to do squats and work your entire legs in one motion. I would recommend calisthenics however calisthenics is not particularly good at training your leg strength.
    ...though that would be nice too. What exercises do you suggest?
    You should also work on your flexibility with dorsiflexion and plantar flexion to avoid injury. You can google what those words mean and how to stretch effectively.
    Thanks!


     
Page 81 of 91 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Freaks and Geeks
    By Kilgore Trout in forum Guess the type
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-19-2016, 12:38 PM
  2. [INFP] Freaks me out!
    By majestic beauty in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-25-2014, 11:31 PM
  3. [INFP] Freaks and Geeks fans?
    By Calvaire in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 10:31 AM
  4. Freaks and Geeks
    By Schwarz in forum Guess the type
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 04:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:49 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0