The Non-Obvious Types of Celebrities Thread

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This is a discussion on The Non-Obvious Types of Celebrities Thread within the Heart Triad - Types 2,3,4 forums, part of the Enneagram Personality Theory Forum category; So this is to try to identify types of people who seem less than stereotypical, like an unusually calm 6, ...

Type 4

So this is to try to identify types of people who seem less than stereotypical, like an unusually calm 6, or an ESTP 4, or comfortably emotional 3s.

So, first up. I have to know the type of Maria Bello. She was the girl in that recent crime show, Prime Suspect. I don't know if it got cancelled... She strikingly reminds me of myself and a lot of people in my family, that's why I ask. She seems like a closet 4, like she was really covering her sensitive side in that show. She must either have a J in her MBTI, or her secondary type is 1 or 8... Or maybe she is a full blown 1 or 8 with NF to soften it up. What do you all think?

Can somebody think of a better name for this thread?

Type 4w5

I'm not sure about her Enneagram type, but Maria seems to be an ESTJ with a So/Sx instinct variant stacking.

An oft-mistyped celebrity that I identify with, however, is Johnny Depp. Like me, he is a Ne-dom who comes off as an introvert due to being a 4w5 Sx/Sp. He's an ENTP and I'm an ENFP though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblyjack View Post
    I'm not sure about her Enneagram type, but Maria seems to be an ESTJ with a So/Sx instinct variant stacking.

An oft-mistyped celebrity that I identify with, however, is Johnny Depp. Like me, he is a Ne-dom who comes off as an introvert due to being a 4w5 Sx/Sp. He's an ENTP and I'm an ENFP though.
    I'm pretty sure Johnny Depp is a pretty big INFP..what makes you think he's being mistyped..? I think it's pretty obvious that he's an introvert, he's mentioned in interviews how he hates parties and crowds, and he has hair covering his face a lot because he says it feels like he's 'hiding' from the world and that no one can see him. He's also very quiet which I know doesn't necessarily mean he's an introvert but it does make it a bit more likely.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements

Type 4w5

Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlWithTheCurls View Post
    I'm pretty sure Johnny Depp is a pretty big INFP..what makes you think he's being mistyped..?
    The mistyping I was referring to was that many people think he's an INFJ.

Look at the cognitive functions, not your impression of him. He's Ne-dominant with Ti and Fe not Fi. Listen to him explain something, his logic is subjective while his value-based assessments are focused on context: Ti and Fe.

As for him being an introvert...once again, look at the cognitive functions. It doesn't matter whether he's shy or not. It doesn't matter that he doesn't feel comfortable getting a lot of attention. His dominant function is an extraverted function, so he's an extrovert. Anyways, if you watch his interviews it's clear that his focus is on the outside world rather than the inner world of his thoughts.

The mistyping I was referring to was that many people think he's an INFJ.

Look at the cognitive functions, not your impression of him. He's Ne-dominant with Ti and Fe not Fi. Listen to him explain something, his logic is subjective while his value-based assessments are focused on context: Ti and Fe.

As for him being an introvert...once again, look at the cognitive functions. It doesn't matter whether he's shy or not. It doesn't matter that he doesn't feel comfortable getting a lot of attention. His dominant function is an extraverted function, so he's an extrovert. Anyways, if you watch his interviews it's clear that his focus is on the outside world rather than the inner world of his thoughts.
    Okay I'm going to be honest here, this doesn't make any sense to me. I've watched his interviews, and I'm just calling it how I see it, and I'm saying he seems like an INFP. And what that doesn't MAKE him an extravert? That doesn't even make any sense! I KNOW that being shy doesn't make you an introvert and I already said that I knew that, but the fact that he hates parties and crowds and seems to hate the spotlight are indicators that he's an introvert. Of course no one can know for sure unless you ask him personally, which is why we shouldn't even be having this discussion, neither of us could possible know his real personality type.
    Also, apparently he uses Fi. Here. https://personalitycafe.com/guess-typ...fj-really.html
    Bottom two on the first page.

Type 4w5

Okay I'm going to be honest here, this doesn't make any sense to me. I've watched his interviews, and I'm just calling it how I see it, and I'm saying he seems like an INFP. And what that doesn't MAKE him an extravert? That doesn't even make any sense! I KNOW that being shy doesn't make you an introvert and I already said that I knew that, but the fact that he hates parties and crowds and seems to hate the spotlight are indicators that he's an introvert.
    Assessments such as "he seems like an INFP" mean nothing. The same goes with "indicators that he's an introvert". You're looking at overall impressions and not at the individual cognitive functions. The functions determine the type, not behavior.

Also, apparently he uses Fi. Here. https://personalitycafe.com/guess-typ...fj-really.html Bottom two on the first page.
    Apparently? You're convinced he's an INFP but say only "apparently" that he "uses" Fi? So, what are you basing your conclusion on?

Of course no one can know for sure unless you ask him personally, which is why we shouldn't even be having this discussion, neither of us could possible know his real personality type.
    This is a cop-out. Learn more about the cognitive functions.

Assessments such as "he seems like an INFP" mean nothing. The same goes with "indicators that he's an introvert". You're looking at overall impressions and not at the individual cognitive functions. The functions determine the type, not behavior.

Apparently? You're convinced he's an INFP but say only "apparently" that he "uses" Fi? So, what are you basing your conclusion on?

This is a cop-out. Learn more about the cognitive functions.
    Oh shut the hell up, now you're just being rude.
    And yes I used the word 'apparently', and to tell the truth I can't EXPLAIN what I'm basing my 'conclusions' on because I have a lot of trouble wording things, however hard that is for you to understand. Seeing as you're the *only* person that can possibly be right about this, I'm going to stop talking about this now, as you are absolutely impossible to talk to. Good day.

Type 4w5

Oh shut the hell up, now you're just being rude.
    And yes I used the word 'apparently', and to tell the truth I can't EXPLAIN what I'm basing my 'conclusions' on because I have a lot of trouble wording things, however hard that is for you to understand. Seeing as you're the *only* person that can possibly be right about this, I'm going to stop talking about this now, as you are absolutely impossible to talk to. Good day.
    I'm not insisting that I am the holder of absolute truth or anything, I'm insisting that you if you can't back up your claims about someone's type with discussion of their cognitive functions then you have no ground to stand on. Remember, you're the one who came here challenging me and then offer nothing in support of your position. Am I just supposed to take your word for it?

I'm not insisting that I am the holder of absolute truth or anything, I'm insisting that you if you can't back up your claims about someone's type with discussion of their cognitive functions then you have no ground to stand on. Remember, you're the one who came here challenging me and then offer nothing in support of your position. Am I just supposed to take your word for it?
    I just don't understand what's with the whole cognitive functioning thing? Like when someone takes the test, they ask questions like "do you prefer to spend your time at large parties or at a small get together?" and "When you are in a room, are you more comfortable standing in the middle or edge of the room?" to find out whether you are an introvert or not. "They often avoid social situations because being around people drains their energy. This is true even if they have good social skills. After being with people for any length of time, such as at a party, they need time alone to "recharge."" That's an introvert. And what you're arguing are probably factors that are included in being an extravert I don't even know, but that doesn't mean he is one. There are lots of other reasons for someone to be an introvert, and I don't think what you're saying fully supports the fact that he's an extravert. I'm not convinced, and I doubt many other people are either, judging by that other thread.

Type 4w5

I just don't understand what's with the whole cognitive functioning thing? Like when someone takes the test, they ask questions like "do you prefer to spend your time at large parties or at a small get together?" and "When you are in a room, are you more comfortable standing in the middle or edge of the room?" to find out whether you are an introvert or not. "They often avoid social situations because being around people drains their energy. This is true even if they have good social skills. After being with people for any length of time, such as at a party, they need time alone to "recharge."" That's an introvert. And what you're arguing are probably factors that are included in being an extravert I don't even know, but that doesn't mean he is one. There are lots of other reasons for someone to be an introvert, and I don't think what you're saying fully supports the fact that he's an extravert. I'm not convinced, and I doubt many other people are either, judging by that other thread.
    Do you know what I'm talking about when I mention cognitive functions? That's what MBTI is completely based on. Each type is defined by their dominant thinking styles, which are called cognitive functions. For an ISFP, the first is Introverted Feeling (Fi), the second is Extraverted Sensing (Se), third is Introverted Intuition (Ni), fourth is Extraverted Thinking (Te), and so on.

An extravert, in MBTI theory, is simply someone whose dominant function is an extraverted function. It doesn't mean they are outgoing. Some actually are very shy. Johnny Depp is a very private and diffident guy but his dominant function is Extraverted Intuition (Ne). That's why he's called an extravert in MBTI.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast