[Enneagram Type 4] The range in health levels you've experienced - Page 2

The range in health levels you've experienced

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thank Tree17Thanks

This is a discussion on The range in health levels you've experienced within the Heart Triad - Types 2,3,4 forums, part of the Enneagram Personality Theory Forum category; Level 6 , so Average Healthy. Level 6: Gradually think that they are different from others, and feel that they ...

Type 7w6

Level 6, so Average Healthy.

Level 6: Gradually think that they are different from others, and feel that they are exempt from living as everyone else does. They become melancholy dreamers, disdainful, decadent, and sensual, living in a fantasy world. Self-pity and envy of others leads to self-indulgence, and to becoming increasingly impractical, unproductive, effete, and precious.

I'd now say I'm mostly at level 3:
    Level 3: Highly personal, individualistic, "true to self." Self-revealing, emotionally honest, humane. Ironic view of self and life: can be serious and funny, vulnerable and emotionally strong.

Yet I keep having temporary flips to level 7, skipping right past all of the others:
    Level 7: When dreams fail, become self-inhibiting and angry at self, depressed and alienated from self and others, blocked and emotionally paralyzed. Ashamed of self, fatigued and unable to function.

Not sure if this is the healing process or just what I'm like. XD

I feel like I have experienced everything from a 1-9. But right now probably fluctuating between a 4-5.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements

Majority of the time I swing between levels 4 and 5. When I'm in a state of creative flow, however, I believe I move right up through the levels to level 1.
    Teddy Daniels and sonnetfirelight thanked this post.

I think I've experienced all, just not consistently and I'm never unhealthy enough to remain in disdain to feel suicidal or to feel that deep of despair. But, I can certainly relate to profound hopelessness and also a profound sense of creative energy as well. I feel I waiver in the middle somewhere.

Level 6 describes me, though I am quite productive, just often distracted.

Type 2w1

I have been typing myself as a 2 for the past year. But I've been very focused on getting in touch with my own feelings and not seeking to please others. Yes - that could look like a Type 2 integrating to their growth point of Type 4 right? BUT! What if I've always been a Type 4 but because of my upbringing and unbalanced coping strategy of using my Fe (as an INFJ) I've been in a disintegrated mode of stress as a Type 2??

I really, really relate to what I'm reading here about 4s!

In my darkest times (during PPD and then again after my brother died) I'd say I was at a 7:

Level 7: When dreams fail, become self-inhibiting and angry at self, depressed and alienated from self and others, blocked and emotionally paralyzed. Ashamed of self, fatigued and unable to function.
    I have probably tasted moments when I was at a 2 but it probably didn't last a whole day LOL! When I was feeling most like myself and in a happy place I'd say I was at a 3:

Level 3: Highly personal, individualistic, "true to self." Self-revealing, emotionally honest, humane. Ironic view of self and life: can be serious and funny, vulnerable and emotionally strong.
    Right now I think I'm at a 5:

Level 5: To stay in touch with feelings, they interiorize everything, taking everything personally, but become self-absorbed and introverted, moody and hypersensitive, shy and self-conscious, unable to be spontaneous or to "get out of themselves." Stay withdrawn to protect their self-image and to buy time to sort out feelings.
    I am not proud of this or happy about it, but I'm being honest. I'm completely in a withdrawn mode with the very goal of protecting my self-image - ha! sad but true - to buy more time to sort out my feelings! WOW! How did they know that?

Type 9

deleted (unable to post link)

Type 4w5

I have experienced 2-9 I would say. Things are pretty good right now. I have though been as far down as a nine which is not fun. Luckily someone is there to always pull me out of it which is good. I would say my health level currently is like 3 or 4. I only get to two very briefly. But my health levels seem to be going up so that's good.

1-8, and rarely in the middle.

Type 2w1

I'm at 3 this week :)

(My Range is 2-7)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast