[Enneagram Type 4] The range in health levels you've experienced

The range in health levels you've experienced

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thank Tree17Thanks

This is a discussion on The range in health levels you've experienced within the Heart Triad - Types 2,3,4 forums, part of the Enneagram Personality Theory Forum category; "Health levels" refers to the ones listed here . (For me, I'd say 2 - 7.5)...

Type 4w3

The range in health levels you've experienced

"Health levels" refers to the ones listed here.

(For me, I'd say 2 - 7.5)

Right now in my life I have been fluctuating between the healthy levels and the average levels. I have experienced the unhealthy levels in the past...all of them.

I don't think I've ever been above level 4. For a long time now I've been between levels 5 and 7.

At around 7 right now.

Level 7: When dreams fail, become self-inhibiting and angry at self, depressed and alienated from self and others, blocked and emotionally paralyzed. Ashamed of self, fatigued and unable to function.

On really bad days, I'll dip down even further. I've been down to 8 and 9 before and it is a very dark place to be.
    Kizuna thanked this post.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements

I'm experiencing levels 2-3 for the first time in my life right now. It feels fucking amazing. Scary, but amazing.

The lowest I've been in was level 6, maybe.
    Kizuna and chimeric thanked this post.

I'm definitely at Level 4 right now ...
    Level 4: Take an artistic, romantic orientation to life, creating a beautiful, aesthetic environment to cultivate and prolong personal feelings. Heighten reality through fantasy, passionate feelings, and the imagination.
    ...with occasional glimpses of Level 3 (like peeking through an attic window).

When I joined this forum, a difficult period put me in 5 to 7. But I've been LOW before ... easily to Level 8:
    Level 8: Tormented by delusional self-contempt, self-reproaches, self-hatred, and morbid thoughts: everything is a source of torment. Blaming others, they drive away anyone who tries to help them.

So my known range is probably 3 to 8.

Type 4w3

The thing that threw me about level 8 was the "blaming others." I can be snappy at others, but I don't blame them for what I'm going through (unless they actually are at fault).
    sonnetfirelight thanked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by chimeric View Post
    The thing that threw me about level 8 was the "blaming others." I can be snappy at others, but I don't blame them for what I'm going through (unless they actually are at fault).
    For me, it's more existential than that ... an I'mwrongYou'rewrongThewholeworldiswrongOhgod-style implosion. Like being a lump of rot in a wasteland.

I don't feel like this now, because I'm in a pretty good place and moving toward a better one. But I remember it well.
    Kizuna and sonnetfirelight thanked this post.

Type 4w3

Quote Originally Posted by StellarTwirl View Post
    For me, it's more existential than that ... an I'mwrongYou'rewrongThewholeworldiswrongOhgod-style implosion. Like being a lump of rot in a wasteland.
    Is it mostly that you're hyper-attuned to hypocrisies/failures/cruelties (in both yourself and others) at level 8? Or that you, the world, and other people do not feel beautiful/magical/meaningful enough? Or something else entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by chimeric View Post
    Is it mostly that you're hyper-attuned to hypocrisies/failures/cruelties (in both yourself and others) at level 8? Or that you, the world, and other people do not feel beautiful/magical/meaningful enough? Or something else entirely.
    It's the bolded. I'm sensitive to those things naturally, regardless of health level. But Level 8 is just a crumbling, hopeless descent.

Where I am now is more like the second one (not beautiful/magical/meaningful enough), but this feeling of lack is motivating.

Type 4w3

Quote Originally Posted by StellarTwirl View Post
    It's the bolded. I'm sensitive to those things naturally, regardless of health level. But Level 8 is just a crumbling, hopeless descent.
    The way you describe it, it's possible I've been there. My instinct is to second-guess myself and blame myself where I should be blaming others, so I still don't relate to the original wording. Although I'm sure that, to others, there are times it might feel like blame. When you're in that kind of mental space, tact isn't the first thing on your mind.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast