[Enneagram Type 3] Do other 3w4s relate to being perfectionist?

Do other 3w4s relate to being perfectionist?

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Thank Tree16Thanks

This is a discussion on Do other 3w4s relate to being perfectionist? within the Heart Triad - Types 2,3,4 forums, part of the Enneagram Personality Theory Forum category; I do, I want to be the best I can be and usually very hard on my standard. And work/learn ...

Type 8w7

Do other 3w4s relate to being perfectionist?

I do, I want to be the best I can be and usually very hard on my standard. And work/learn hard to achieve the best.

Near perfection is not enough.

What about you guys?
    TheDarknessInTheSnow thanked this post.

Type 3w4

I can relate well to this! I strive to be the best in whatever I do. Constant momentum and successes are necessary or I don’t feel fulfilled.

Type 8w7

Quote Originally Posted by BroNerd View Post
    I can relate well to this! I strive to be the best in whatever I do. Constant momentum and successes are necessary or I don’t feel fulfilled.
    Couldn't describe this any better. And when I get the second rank, or so--it's really itching. And I work harder to beat them all and be the best!

Though sometimes, it's quite stressful.
    BroNerd and TheDarknessInTheSnow thanked this post.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements

I see this for 3w2 as well....... 3 is a competent type, focused on results.

It depends for me. Some things I can let slip, but others things have to be perfectly done or else I will feel like a failure.

One of the places that I feel like I need success in is the work place. Typically I want for my work to be spectacular or else I will be upset with myself. But if it's in a craft or something I will let my imperfections just serve as a tinge of originality.

Type 3w4

Yes. It depends on what it is, but mostly I hold myself to very high standards, especially when I'm performing (I sing and also have done some acting off and on and slipping up on stage is awful). There are a lot of things I've sort of trained myself to let go of over time, and some things I don't sweat, but some things I only manage to look like I don't sweat, and some things I will criticise myself for for approximately forever and try very hard to make sure whatever it was never happens again.

Type 4w5

My experience is:

3w4 has more resemblance to the 1 or the 4 (obviously) and is more perfectionist, higher quality.
    3w2 is not usually perfectionist, if they're forced to chose between speedily and efficiently churning out mediocrities and making a slow, painstaking masterpiece, they choose the former usually. The fastest employ at my job is a 3 but I'm on the quality inspection team (good place for a 4) for what he produces...let's just say, alot of it needs improvement. The sound of him fuming as I crush his self-worth is such beautiful music. I suspect the unhealthy 3w2 mindset is what ended up creating "fast food" in America, Ray Kroc was probably a 3w2.

Type 6w5

3w4 is one of the most perfectionistic types of the Enneagram.

Hyper-competence-driven 'A-type' personality with the need for refined aristocracy, creating this desire to distinguish oneself and one's work (for the average to unhealthy levels type 3, there is no real difference between the two) and to elevate oneself and one's work from what is perceived as average - which is seen as not good enough and in need of 'better.'
    Scoobyscoob and Dare thanked this post.

Type 4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Daeva View Post
    3w4 is one of the most perfectionistic types of the Enneagram.

Hyper-competence-driven 'A-type' personality with the need for refined aristocracy, creating this desire to distinguish oneself and one's work (for the average to unhealthy levels type 3, there is no real difference between the two) and to elevate oneself and one's work from what is perceived as average - which is seen as not good enough and in need of 'better.'
    Just curious, where are the 3w4s throughout human history who changed the world for the better with the sheer awesomeness of their work? Lists of great saints, composers, novelists and playwrights, scientists, mathematicians, painters and sculptors, humanitarians, etc. tend to not emphasize 3s any more than any other type, and they might actually be one of the less common types from the "lists of famous types" I've seen. 4s and 5s seem to be the most commonly mentioned greats in the areas I mentioned.

Type 6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Monadnock View Post
    Just curious, where are the 3w4s throughout human history who changed the world for the better with the sheer awesomeness of their work? Lists of great saints, composers, novelists and playwrights, scientists, mathematicians, painters and sculptors, humanitarians, etc. tend to not emphasize 3s any more than any other type, and they might actually be one of the less common types from the "lists of famous types" I've seen. 4s and 5s seem to be the most commonly mentioned greats in the areas I mentioned.
    I don't follow. How is your post related to mine?
    nablur thanked this post.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast