[Enneagram Type 3] Is this a 3 trait?

Is this a 3 trait?

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Thank Tree2Thanks
  • 1 Post By DOGSOUP
  • 1 Post By ultracrepidarian

This is a discussion on Is this a 3 trait? within the Heart Triad - Types 2,3,4 forums, part of the Enneagram Personality Theory Forum category; Does not wanting to fail automatically make you a 3, or is that just human nature? Come on. I need ...

  1. #1
    Type 8

    Is this a 3 trait?

    Does not wanting to fail automatically make you a 3, or is that just human nature? Come on. I need this cleared up once and for all.



  2. #2
    Type 7w8

    Not automatically

    What is failure to you, and how do you it?

  3. #3
    Type 8

    Quote Originally Posted by DOGSOUP View Post
    Not automatically

    What is failure to you, and how do you it?
    Failure to me is a weakness and I exterminate it by combating it. Doing everything I can to achieve my goals. Just keep fighting against it. You know?

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4

    I assume you're being sarcastic because, obviously no one wants to fail. However, if you go to great lengths to never be *exposed* in your failures, if you're willing to put in excessive behind-the-scenes effort to give the appearance that you've spontaneously created such an ideal, and if you find that you are actually more ashamed of how 'important others' view you from your failure, rather than the failure itself, you might be a 3!

  6. #5
    Type 8

    Quote Originally Posted by ultracrepidarian View Post
    I assume you're being sarcastic because, obviously no one wants to fail. However, if you go to great lengths to never be *exposed* in your failures, if you're willing to put in excessive behind-the-scenes effort to give the appearance that you've spontaneously created such an ideal, and if you find that you are actually more ashamed of how 'important others' view you from your failure, rather than the failure itself, you might be a 3!
    No. That sounds like a hell of a lot of unnecessary effort.

  7. #6

    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    No. That sounds like a hell of a lot of unnecessary effort.
    Yes but all types are prone to 'unnecessary' (even ludicrous it might be argued) efforts in their own way (1's through avoidance of corruption, 2's through avoidance of unlovability, 3's through avoidance of worthlessness, 4's through avoidance of insignificance, 5's through avoidance of incapability, 6's through avoidance of uncertainty, 7's through avoidance of deprivation, 8's through avoidance of being controlled, 9's through avoidance of conflict/separation).
    moonmilk thanked this post.

  8. #7
    Type 8

    Quote Originally Posted by ultracrepidarian View Post
    Yes but all types are prone to 'unnecessary' (even ludicrous it might be argued) efforts in their own way (1's through avoidance of corruption, 2's through avoidance of unlovability, 3's through avoidance of worthlessness, 4's through avoidance of insignificance, 5's through avoidance of incapability, 6's through avoidance of uncertainty, 7's through avoidance of deprivation, 8's through avoidance of being controlled, 9's through avoidance of conflict/separation).
    Yeah I know that but what I meant was that specific fear, hiding your failings at any costs seems unnecessary to me. Not one of my priorities. Sorry for the bad phrasing. I do agree that every enneagram type has something they want to avoid and a fear. And a motivation. But how they do it is different.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


     

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] Not an INFP? (I have urges to harm jerks physically, is this a trait of Se?)
    By CelineDijon in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-21-2018, 06:03 PM
  2. Is worrying a Personality trait or Enneagram trait?
    By dpt727 in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-04-2016, 08:49 PM
  3. Impulsiveness as a trait; is it a dark or light trait?
    By Worth Lessemo in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-13-2012, 09:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:05 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0