Boy, you got me heartless!

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...

This is a discussion on Boy, you got me heartless! within the Heart Triad - Types 2,3,4 forums, part of the Enneagram Personality Theory Forum category; I am a core 9w1 with a 6w7 head, but heart is super tricky Reasons why it could be a ...

I am a core 9w1 with a 6w7 head, but heart is super tricky

Reasons why it could be a 2:

I enjoy taking care of others. In romantic relationships, I am more of a giver, planning dates and giving gifts. I like sharing food with my friends. I enjoy doing random things to help, such as helping around the house and donating. I dislike being seen as too needy and, while I do take care of myself, I tend to minimize my needs around other people. Love is nice, but yeah, I often feel more comfortable giving love than receiving love. I am very empathetic, I easily imagine myself in other peoples' shoes.

Reasons why it could be a 3:

I got my ambitious moments. Binge applying for scholarships, learning languages, entering writing contests, YouTubing. I am self deprecating if I fail, make little mistakes, or don't feel like I am living up to my potential. When I'm passionate about something, I get competitive, whether it's just a favorite board game or a favorite activity like cooking. I enjoy watching competition shows and imagining myself on there. I am an introvert and don't want to be swamped with too much attention, but I enjoy admiration.

Reasons why it could be a 4:

Uniqueness has played a big part in my life. I'm told I jam to the beat of my own drum. I like looking unique-wearing unique clothes and putting artistic twists on things, just expressing myself. I have this strange feeling of being different from others and I feel misunderstood a lot. I am attracted to novel and weird things, unless that's my 6w7. When someone seems more unique than me, I feel inferior. I am introspective and yearn for a sense of identity. It makes me have a sense of purpose. While I usually prefer positive stuff I do enjoy some sad songs and movies and it feels like my sadness is part of who I am.

That's all I can think of, so ask away.

You sound like me: 3 with balanced wings.

Type 4w3

I'm with the person above me, I'd say a pretty balanced 3 fix. I think 3w4 is more likely.

That would put you at a triple attachment tritype and that makes sense why it would be difficult to find your final fix.

Quote Originally Posted by LietPol34 View Post
    Reasons why it could be a 2:

I enjoy taking care of others. In romantic relationships, I am more of a giver, planning dates and giving gifts. I like sharing food with my friends. I enjoy doing random things to help, such as helping around the house and donating. I dislike being seen as too needy and, while I do take care of myself, I tend to minimize my needs around other people. Love is nice, but yeah, I often feel more comfortable giving love than receiving love. I am very empathetic, I easily imagine myself in other peoples' shoes.
    I know less about 2 than other types, but I don't think you're saying much here that's specific to type 2 and not from 9 or 6.

Reasons why it could be a 3:

I got my ambitious moments. Binge applying for scholarships, learning languages, entering writing contests, YouTubing. I am self deprecating if I fail, make little mistakes, or don't feel like I am living up to my potential. When I'm passionate about something, I get competitive, whether it's just a favorite board game or a favorite activity like cooking. I enjoy watching competition shows and imagining myself on there. I am an introvert and don't want to be swamped with too much attention, but I enjoy admiration.
    Obviously since it's your last fix you won't be as image-oriented as a 3 core, but I know a lot of 3 fixes who are similar to this description.

Reasons why it could be a 4:

Uniqueness has played a big part in my life. I'm told I jam to the beat of my own drum. I like looking unique-wearing unique clothes and putting artistic twists on things, just expressing myself. I have this strange feeling of being different from others and I feel misunderstood a lot. I am attracted to novel and weird things, unless that's my 6w7. When someone seems more unique than me, I feel inferior. I am introspective and yearn for a sense of identity. It makes me have a sense of purpose. While I usually prefer positive stuff I do enjoy some sad songs and movies and it feels like my sadness is part of who I am.
    A lot of these are romanticized stereotypes that cause a lot of people to mistype as 4 but aren't inherently 4 (uniqueness, artistic twists, preference for sad media etc.).

I think that these aspects could be 3w4, though. What I bolded seems a lot more 3w4 than actually type 4. I think 4s are more prone to feeling so different and out of place compared to everyone else around them, and that they can't be like other people even if they try. It's not feeling competitive about needing to be unique than others. 3's about attaching to an image, and if that image is about being unique, then that's what they hope to be seen as.