[Enneagram Type 4] Question about 4 women

Question about 4 women

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Thank Tree6Thanks
  • 3 Post By AnneM
  • 1 Post By Felix 1f9
  • 2 Post By ultracrepidarian

This is a discussion on Question about 4 women within the Heart Triad - Types 2,3,4 forums, part of the Enneagram Personality Theory Forum category; Dear Experts I am Swiss and have been interested in the Enneagram for two decades. I hope, my English is ...

Question about type 4 women

Dear Experts
    I am Swiss and have been interested in the Enneagram for two decades. I hope, my English is fine enough to put my following question in a comprehensive way. It's regarding stress and growth arrows of type 4. I am a 1f9, sp/sx.
    Now the question: I have been dating a few 4s during the last few years, with few I was in a relationship, some of them were just a short term attraction. Some with 5 wing, some with 3 wing. Some sx, some sc, some sp.
    I always felt the following: Their stress arrows always seem rather 1ish than 2ish. 4s - according to my own finding, can be strong, determined, only seemingly affectionate / needy, in their core mostly strong (8s have a soft core, hard shell - 4s have a hard core, soft shell - in general). But if it comes to stress, I never felt a 2-like energy with type 4. Why that?
    Maybe the 4s I knew weren't 4s, but 8s or 1s. I might confuse the 4 - 8 - 1, but then I think it over and come to the conclusion, that 4 is correct.
    Maybe the not-so-mature type 4 can show a certain aggressiv behaviour more often than the gut types 1 and 8 (1s want to avoid anger, 8s don't I know). But then, why I never feel the 2 in a 4? I know, that a healthy 4 develops the energy of the 1 in a not-aggressive, but in an authentic and mature, balanced way.
    Can some 4s (or other types) help me to clear up my mess :-).
    Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by Felix 1f9; 07-03-2019 at 08:35 AM. Reason: I shortened my text a bit

Addition, in a nutshell:

I seem to confuse the aggressive, resolute, self-determined energy of a type 1f2 sx and type 4f3 sx. How to distinguish them?

Type 2w3

I just want to say that, in my personal experience, the disintegration of 4s to 2 IS very 1-ish. They tend to want to help you and support you by preaching to you from a position of moral superiority and authority.
    Felix 1f9, Vikka and Aridela thanked this post.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AnneM View Post
    the disintegration of 4s to 2 IS very 1-ish.
    That might clear up my key confusion, thanks a lot. So "helping", but with a lot of "gut pression" as a proud 2. That makes sense.
    Last edited by Felix 1f9; 07-03-2019 at 07:26 AM.
    AnneM thanked this post.

Random idea but.... a lot of 4's are IFP's. When IFP's shadow they can take on the darker qualities of ETJ's. So you see a lot of nitpicky perfectionism and angry rants about how others are incompetent (projection of Fi's volatile relationship to Te and their own incompetence) which takes on a very angry, 1-ish vibe. This isn't actually the 'motivation' but a lack of cognitive integration. So what you are seeing, might be cognitive rather than ego fixation.
    AnneM and Aridela thanked this post.