Not sure about.. 2 or 4??

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thank Tree1Thanks

This is a discussion on Not sure about.. 2 or 4?? within the Heart Triad - Types 2,3,4 forums, part of the Enneagram Personality Theory Forum category; I did a test some time ago, and it resulted me being a type 2. Surely, I do have many ...

Unknown

I did a test some time ago, and it resulted me being a type 2. Surely, I do have many characteristic that are compatible. But today reading about 4s, I realized I have some of their characteristics too. Could I be mistyped??

Is there a more specific test that I can do?

Thanks

What is more important to you: being loved by others, or being authentic?
    As a 4 I know thats my type, absolutely no doubt about it. We go through a lot of self-torment but we do it on purpose as if we are masochists searching for a deeper truth, and when we seem to find it, or stop looking because it was there all along, we realize its all a beautiful satire and we revel in the freedom from our self-consciousness.
    If you understand anything of what I just said you might be a 4. Hell I wouldn't know.

Unknown

@7legion77

Hmm I understood it partially. I can relate on looking for a deeper truth, but I dont feel like being masochist or giving such passion about that. At least not in general terms.

I like being authentic but if people love me for being in that way.. Even better.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements

I have a 4 wing and a 2 fix and like you, I am also an INFJ, which complicates things because both INFJs and 2s value external harmony. It's important for me to be authentic but I define that in Fe terms as opposed to Fi criteria: To me, authenticity is communicating in such a way that the other person not only understands me but does not disrupt harmony.

Basically, what you need to ask yourself is: Which is MORE important to you? maintaining harmony and good feelings or sticking to your guns, no matter what the emotional cost?

Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire Tower View Post
    I have a 4 wing and a 2 fix and like you, I am also an INFJ, which complicates things because both INFJs and 2s value external harmony. It's important for me to be authentic but I define that in Fe terms as opposed to Fi criteria: To me, authenticity is communicating in such a way that the other person not only understands me but does not disrupt harmony.

Basically, what you need to ask yourself is: Which is MORE important to you? maintaining harmony and good feelings or sticking to your guns, no matter what the emotional cost?
    It's more important maintaining harmony. When I hadn't be capable of doing it, usually I withdrawal on myself, instead of fighting about that.

I retake a quest today. My results:

Type 2 - 8.3
    Type 4 - 6.7
    Type 6 - 5.7
    Type 5 - 5.7
    Type 1 - 5.7
    Type 3 - 5
    Type 9 - 4.3
    Type 8 - 4
    It seems like Im really close of being a 4 too lol.
    Chesire Tower thanked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Maidelane View Post
    It's more important maintaining harmony. When I hadn't be capable of doing it, usually I withdrawal on myself, instead of fighting about that.

I retake a quest today. My results:

It seems like Im really close of being a 4 too lol.
    Well, I guess you have your answer then. ^_^. I just looked at your sig and you can't have a double heart fix; so instead of 2w1 6w5 4w5; based on that test anyway; you should be a 2w1 6w5 1w?

Unknown

Well, I guess you have your answer then. ^_^. I just looked at your sig and you can't have a double heart fix; so instead of 2w1 6w5 4w5; based on that test anyway; you should be a 2w1 6w5 1w?
    Yep. Gonna fix that. It would be like.. 2w1, 6w5, 1w9 I guess

Yep. Gonna fix that. It would be like.. 2w1, 6w5, 1w9 I guess
    I wouldn't just rely on one test 'though cuz it seemed that you had several E types with 6.5; so I'm not sure what order or whether or not, you'd be a 5 or 6 head fix.

Unknown

I wouldn't just rely on one test 'though cuz it seemed that you had several E types with 6.5; so I'm not sure what order or whether or not, you'd be a 5 or 6 head fix.
    That's the part Ive always had problems with. How determine which are my wings, etc-- if they're pretty close together.
    Last edited by Maidelane; 12-23-2014 at 08:48 PM.

That's the part Ive always had problems with. How determine which are my wings, etc-- if they're pretty close together.
    Well, I think you lean to 2w1 over 2w3 but you should read the descriptions of both 1 and 3, to be certain. As for the rest of your tritype; the wings aren't as important and I would think it's better to get a clear handle on your core first, before you worry too much about your other fixes' wings.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast