[Enneagram Type 4] Why is everyone a 4w5? - Page 3

Why is everyone a 4w5?

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Thank Tree198Thanks

This is a discussion on Why is everyone a 4w5? within the Heart Triad - Types 2,3,4 forums, part of the Enneagram Personality Theory Forum category; Originally Posted by Lakigigar Some theory. I'm 4w5 because i recognize me a lot. But it seems like everyone here ...

Type 5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lakigigar View Post
    Some theory. I'm 4w5 because i recognize me a lot. But it seems like everyone here on this forum is 4w5? And i don't think that everyone on the planet is 4w5 (because i feel myself unique and different from other people, i don't even have such thing like a best friend who understands me? Nearly everyone thinks i'm a weirdo. And i love art and artistic things (photo's, drawings, movies, the beauty of weather & clouds). And at the other side i love science, politics, the earth, volcanoes, knowlegde, and i can be occupied for hours with weather and earth and some themes. And i don't even know/met someone that is the same like me. And though there are so many 4w5's on this fora. ... It freaks me the hell out, and i'm a little bit angry about it.. Or i do not understand it.

Someone an explanation?
    Well, there has to be *somewhere* to go for those who tried to become 5w4 and failed.
    NylonSmiles, Potne Theron and Rachmaninov thanked this post.

Type 9w8

imo i think youll find plenty of 4w5s on this forum because 4 is more about emotional/substantial value in your own individuality or understanding of self and your experiences. When you want to understand yourself to the nth degree, you figure out your personality type, and find yourself on here. People with that same desire also find their way onto here, because what better way to know yourself than to find and connect with others who are in the same boat as you (or not)? so here is where youll find majority of all people who want to understand and make more of themselves as a person, as an identity. Lots of 4's will be here more often than others i would think.

and if that isnt the case than i may agree there are a lot of mistypes, then again it doesn't really matter as we are all trying to better comprehend how we work.

I'm a 4w3 because 4w5s are too mainstream.
    Rose for a Heart, Animal, Doll and 3 others thanked this post.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements

Type 9w8

im a 5w4 bc i cant seem to attach to my emotions and empathize with others more raw .____. and i dont really care about my own person that much. im more into what i can learn and integrate.

Type 4w5

Yes you're right about the fact that 4's want to learn more about themselves (just like me).

Type 4w3

4w5 is, at first glance, a more desirable type than what looks on the outside to be a "less" artsy, less unique and less intelligent type, the 4w3. It took me a long time to accept that I was a w3 and not a w5. I threw a big hissy fit about it. I was drawn to the term "investigator." 4w5s seem more bohemian and long-suffering. They seem more romantic.

Obviously none of that is true and is a result of stereotyping.

I agree completely that there needs to be a revision of the 4w3 subtype description so that people can better understand it.
    Paradigm, acaciaforest, Rala and 1 others thanked this post.

Type 4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Doll View Post
    4w5 is, at first glance, a more desirable type than what looks on the outside to be a "less" artsy, less unique and less intelligent type, the 4w3. It took me a long time to accept that I was a w3 and not a w5. I threw a big hissy fit about it. I was drawn to the term "investigator." 4w5s seem more bohemian and long-suffering. They seem more romantic.

Obviously none of that is true and is a result of stereotyping.

I agree completely that there needs to be a revision of the 4w3 subtype description so that people can better understand it.
    What's the difference between 4w3 and 4w5 in your opinion. In the latest test, i have surprisingly a high score for 3.

Type 4w3

What's the difference between 4w3 and 4w5 in your eyes. In the latest test, i have surprisely a high score for 3.
    All 4s will have both type 3 and type 5, it is only a matter of which wing is strongest, really.

As far as differences go... lawd, I don't even know where to begin. These are only my opinions:

I feel that a 4w3 is able to navigate the social world with more ease. That being said, they are also more acutely aware of how others respond to them and the way they're viewed. Both 4s and 3s are image types and are extremely focused on how they present themselves and how people respond to them. They would have a greater degree of shame and a greater need to prove themselves and be successful in the eyes of others. They would feel a need for recognition (though whether or not they accomplish this is debatable; actually, myself included, 4w3s can be prone to self-sabotage and can go very far in life only to destroy everything they've worked hard to achieve). They are less internal and a bit more outwardly melodramatic, but also have bursts of optimism that come more easily than in the 4w5 subtype. 4w5s think of themselves as unique and misunderstood, 4w3s think of themselves as interesting bohemians.

These are all generalizations, of course. Pls no one ask to me to write the new 4w3 subtype.
    Strelok and Lakigigar thanked this post.

Type 4w5

Then i think my 5 wing is the strongest, but at first i thought i had no 3 wing, and a very strong 5 wing. I'm beginning to think i just have 4w5 like everyone else with a 4w5, and not with a super 5 wing, and i do have some 4w3 traits (first i denied it). Just like i thought i had a strongly developed T and an F in the MTBI-typing, but now, i think i'm just a strongly F. But an F can also argumentate, and do research and has some knowledge and so on... They are not necesselary stupid. And probably i thought that earlier. All my life long, i thought i was smart, i have no feelings, i denied i have feelings, i did everything with logic (also because my parents wanted me to be like this. School also. And i thought i was so). But since recently i thought i had some feelings as well, and i did recognized some traits that are strange, and so on.. :) I did knew that i had a strange character, but to be a more F-person. Yeah.. Didn't expect that, and i do like it, however it explain a lot.

I'm more inwardly and introverted. But i do recognize me (strongly) in this.

"They would have a greater degree of shame and a greater need to prove themselves and be successful in the eyes of others. They would feel a need for recognition (though whether or not they accomplish this is debatable; actually, myself included, 4w3s can be prone to self-sabotage and can go very far in life only to destroy everything they've worked hard to achieve)."

Thanks for the explanation :) i do appreciate that.
    Doll thanked this post.

Type 4w3

Then i think my 5 wing is the strongest, but at first i thought i had no 3 wing, and a very strong 5 wing. I'm beginning to think i just have 4w5 like everyone else with a 4w5, and not with a super 5 wing, and i do have some 4w3 traits (first i denied it).
    There are traits of type 3 that, I think, often appear to 4s as disingenuous. I had a difficult time admitting that I had any 3 in me too, let alone that I was a 4w3.

Just like i thought i had a strongly developed T and an F in the MTBI-typing, but now, i think i'm just a strongly F. But an F can also argumentate, and do research and has some knowledge and so on... They are not necesselary stupid. And probably i thought that earlier. All my life long, i thought i was smart, i have no feelings, i denied i have feelings, i did everything with logic (also because my parents wanted me to be like this. School also. And i thought i was so). But since recently i thought i had some feelings as well, and i did recognized some traits that are strange, and so on.. :) I did knew that i had a strange character, but to be a more F-person. Yeah.. Didn't expect that, and i do like it, however it explain a lot.
    What made you decide on 4w5 and not 5w4? Just curious. :)

I'm more inwardly and introverted. But i do recognize me (strongly) in this.

"They would have a greater degree of shame and a greater need to prove themselves and be successful in the eyes of others. They would feel a need for recognition (though whether or not they accomplish this is debatable; actually, myself included, 4w3s can be prone to self-sabotage and can go very far in life only to destroy everything they've worked hard to achieve)."

Thanks for the explanation :) i do appreciate that.
    You're welcome! I hope it helped.

I can also see myself in many of the 4w5 descriptions. It took me a long time to figure out which one was more "me".

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast