[INFJ] Missing? - Page 3

Missing?

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40
Thank Tree70Thanks

This is a discussion on Missing? within the INFJ Forum - The Protectors forums, part of the NF's Temperament Forum- The Dreamers category; Originally Posted by Arclight Maybe the void is spiritual?? I know that one of the void. I am a very ...

  1. #21
    INFJ - The Protectors

    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Maybe the void is spiritual??
    I know that one of the void. I am a very spiritual person.
    Arclight and bubbleboy thanked this post.

  2. #22
    INFJ - The Protectors

    Quote Originally Posted by Jawz View Post
    Well .. I really used this forum's Tri-type test as a guide to my own tri-type --- a starting point so to speak. My first result was a 6w5, but I couldn't relate to the description at the time.

    Then for a while, I started testing as a 2 but then when I read the descriptions I was like -- "This is NOT me!" with such a passion that I surprised myself. Started relating to 6 again on my own.

    Once I had a better idea of MBTI, I decided to retake the test and answer the questions based on the frame of mind I had achieved when I was at my absolute happiest. I imagined myself as the guy answering the questions as I would've 11 years ago.

    And this time, I came out 6w5, 9w8 and 3w2 ... I read up the 6w5 descriptions -- matched them to Type 6 ENFJ's - read Timeless' articles in the sub-section.. couldn't figure out my wing. Then it was just a matter of reading and relating --- reading and relating - and talking to other Type 6's in the forum. Soon I realized I was a 6w7 [which is the more social and outgoing wing of 6 than compared to the cerebral 5].

    Anyways --- the best way to really relate to enneagrams is to fully understand the descriptions ---

    Also, bear in mind that sometimes people make the mistake of trying to relate directly to the healthiest level of the enneagrams. I would suggest start in reverse order --- relate from the unhealthiest to the healthiest so that you don't over-look the possibility of being somewhere in the middle.

    Also, of course talking to people really helps. I get my friends to tell me if they see certain characteristics in me based on the descriptions I share with them. I sometimes test some friends by sharing descriptions that don't relate to me and see if they say they do or don't. The consensus is that I'm an ambiverted Counter-phobic Type 6w7 xNFJ. It took me 3 months to fully figure this out - but quest alone kept me so busy and motivated, that I didn't have anything else to worry about :)
    Thank you for sharing. I took the quiz a few times and I got: 6w5, 3w2, 1w9

  3. #23
    Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by KelseyT View Post
    Thank you for sharing. I took the quiz a few times and I got: 6w5, 3w2, 1w9
    Here's my bookmarks of Type 6 articles. Hope these help [feel free to ignore the ones you've already read]:

    Personality Types: Enneagram Misidentifications - Type 6 - Enneagram and Myers Briggs
    ^^ This article helps Type 6's figure out how they can potentially mistype as other types

    The Enneagram Blogspot: Type 6: Security-Seeker
    ^^ This was a very comprehensive resource that really put things into perspective recently]

    Type 6 – The Enneagram Loyal Realist | Karen Armstrong - Inside Out |

    Sorry if you've read all these articles -- but I thought I'd throw in my suggestions with my opinions :)
    DreamingSoul thanked this post.

  4. #24
    INFJ - The Protectors

    Quote Originally Posted by Jawz View Post
    Here's my bookmarks of Type 6 articles. Hope these help [feel free to ignore the ones you've already read]:

    Personality Types: Enneagram Misidentifications - Type 6 - Enneagram and Myers Briggs
    ^^ This article helps Type 6's figure out how they can potentially mistype as other types

    The Enneagram Blogspot: Type 6: Security-Seeker
    ^^ This was a very comprehensive resource that really put things into perspective recently]

    Type 6 – The Enneagram Loyal Realist | Karen Armstrong - Inside Out |

    Sorry if you've read all these articles -- but I thought I'd throw in my suggestions with my opinions :)
    Thank you so much darling :) Appreciated it.
    Jawz thanked this post.

  5. #25
    INFJ - The Protectors

    oops posted twice :)

  6. #26
    Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by KelseyT View Post
    Thank you so much darling :) Appreciated it.
    Heh ... at least kept you busy for about half an hour something -- and if that keeps you distracted for a bit -- achievement earned

    lol ... 6's are a real handful Kels .. The most doubtful, sceptical, chaotic and yet loyal bunch of people around. I know a few in this forum - and we're all pretty chaotic together.

    A circle of trust, love and security is what completes a 6 imo.
    DreamingSoul thanked this post.

  7. #27
    Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by KelseyT View Post
    oops posted twice :)
    I'm guessing it's cuz the servers are mucking up again :/

  8. #28
    INFJ - The Protectors

    Quote Originally Posted by Jawz View Post
    Heh ... at least kept you busy for about half an hour something -- and if that keeps you distracted for a bit -- achievement earned

    lol ... 6's are a real handful Kels .. The most doubtful, sceptical, chaotic and yet loyal bunch of people around. I know a few in this forum - and we're all pretty chaotic together.

    A circle of trust, love and security is what completes a 6 imo.
    Thanks :) And I took the test a few times but kept getting the 6w5...so that is telling me something, I believe? One of the main thing about me is I'm always growing. And I will never stop growing because it's a part of me. So I know the type 2 didn't fit me well even though I'm a helper, I feel like there is much more then that. So I'm seeing where I stand and what feel right for me. :)
    Jawz thanked this post.

  9. #29
    INFJ - The Protectors

    It seems almost every INFJ fights a battle of fear and courage at least once in their life and probably for most of it..
    They fight a battle of trust and self protection.
    They seek to connect, but do so with caution.
    Type 6 is dichotomy personified.
    Type 6 is the natural intuitive.
    It seems a natural fit.. Although type 4 seems to be the most correlated to INFJ .. Type 6's and 4's are the most common types to mistype as each other.
    bubbleboy, DreamingSoul, Jawz and 1 others thanked this post.

  10. #30
    Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by KelseyT View Post
    Thanks :) And I took the test a few times but kept getting the 6w5...so that is telling me something, I believe? One of the main thing about me is I'm always growing. And I will never stop growing because it's a part of me. So I know the type 2 didn't fit me well even though I'm a helper, I feel like there is much more then that. So I'm seeing where I stand and what feel right for me. :)
    One of the first things about 6's that worried me when I first typed myself was this whole concept of "Self-doubt" .. I had always been the most self-assured individual in my life --- until recently.

    After recent study, I realized that I wasn't self-doubting early on because all my needs were being met --- those of having a strong authority to relate to [my sheltered home life], and love [from both my parents], which gave me strong feelings of security - which basically meant that I had lived most of my life as a healthy 6 with the positive traits of 9 as I had inner peace.

    The accident and emotional abuse during my marriage took that peace away and I plummeted to the unhealthiest levels of a 6 and started taking on traits of the 3.

    The 6 chaos is pretty common. None of the 6's I talk to ever seem to be sure about themselves - yet, they'd be sure of being unsure if you know what I mean. They'd be so sure in their scepticism that they'd end up doubting doubt itself. Assurance is a requirement of the 6 - and many 6's won't even admit to that.

    Also, 6's are very likely to mistype as 2's :) The first article I shared has some suggestions why.
    DreamingSoul thanked this post.


     
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [INFJ] What are we missing?
    By coffeebelle in forum INFJ Forum - The Protectors
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-26-2011, 07:17 PM
  2. [INFP] Am i missing something from myself
    By dogjames in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-14-2011, 06:36 AM
  3. Am I missing something?
    By Djanga in forum Book, Music, & Movie Reviews
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-21-2011, 10:25 PM
  4. Something Missing
    By Yours in forum INTJ Forum - The Scientists
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 11:30 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:52 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0