[INFJ] SO, why are there supposedly less INFJs than INTJs, in your opinion?

SO, why are there supposedly less INFJs than INTJs, in your opinion?

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
Thank Tree44Thanks

This is a discussion on SO, why are there supposedly less INFJs than INTJs, in your opinion? within the INFJ Forum - The Protectors forums, part of the NF's Temperament Forum- The Dreamers category; Curious. This question sparked my mind this morning and although I get the feeling it is simple enough to be ...

  1. #1
    INFJ

    SO, why are there supposedly less INFJs than INTJs, in your opinion?

    Curious. This question sparked my mind this morning and although I get the feeling it is simple enough to be deemed self-explanatory (by Ni), I still feel like asking everyone their thoughts. Statistics keep showing up that INFJs are the least amount inhabiting the types of personalities in the (known, tested) world, with INTJs a close runner-up. I have seen ENTJs sometimes listed as second bumping INTJ third but for the sake of keeping to my original question, let's just assume specifically INTJs and INFJs are whom we are discussing in this thread.

    My assumption to this is that INTJs have an auxiliary Te which is more "understandable" if not "accepted" by society, if you even dare to conjunct it with Ni dom. Even if INTJs are considered the silent, independent, hustling (lol hustling) outsiders of society who deviate from the norm, they are still to some degree, "acceptable" because they can at least direct with that Te and make some great changes or accomplishments if not just get everything done better and more efficiently than say sensors who naturally ride over the population and keep to whatever's been done already, by, doing what's been done already which provides a restraint or firmer grounding (not saying anything inherently bad about sensors, but maybe I am referencing Si mostly). For this aspect INTJs are often praiseworthy, respected and admirable as much as they are seen for how offbeat they are, and even still they are closer to society and the "real world" than I think an INFJ typically is.

    Not only that overall preference for Te but also, with tertiary Fi in the wings they are able to more subjectively relate (or disassociate) from individual feelings and values. They literally still have their own set, person... or identity intact as opposed to the INFJ who is pretty much the manifestation of Pisces, floating in the endless eternal ocean feeling and connecting with everything to which they don't really understand themselves for lack of firm grip on their own, personal, values. It's the dissolving of the personal ego, in a way, which I think INTJs still have their own individuated ego enough to see readily their own boundaries, goals, etc to still function like a regular human being on earth (I use the term "regular" loosely). INFJs have values, but through Fe, and Fe is governed by Ni dom, which is trying to synthesize and encompass... practically everything vague and unknown or unseen, from my understanding (and look at that tertiary Ti trying to make sense and rearrange all their connections in a logical format-- they can make any hunch have rational pertinence by means of picking and choosing).

    Going back to the Te comment and how it is more widely understandable and accepted by majority of the world, I'm not saying that I believe there are more INTJs than INFJs because INTJs have been trying to be more accepted by the world, as that isn't the case clearly. They function completely as their own and differently yet utilize that understanding as a guiding tool. The world as we know it did not breed INTJs and INFJs, and yet they came in their numbers as such (as with all the other types, relatively)... and just because something isn't widely acceptable, doesn't mean it doesn't exist or have a purpose... so why?

    I'm not trying to differentiate INFJs and INTJs as much as I'm trying to gather insight on why INFJs would be, supposedly more "rare" than INTJs, though I get I'm answering my own question. LOL But the reason I wonder is because part of me doesn't actually think INFJs are that rare. It might take me a bit longer to explain why I think that, or I simply just don't know yet atm.

    In the meantime, I want to hear your guesses or insights to it. In your opinion, why would INFJ be the least amount of the population instead of INTJs. What would it look like then if INTJs were the 1% of the population instead? Why is it laid out, or has been founded to be, that way?
    Last edited by Juiz; 09-05-2016 at 12:31 PM.



  2. #2

    Because empathy overload makes us more prone to stress? Just an idea. I think INTJs are generally more self-confident, due to their love for their own rationality. I think they're more likely to live for themselves (Fi-Te) and INFJs more for others due to our auxilary Fe.

    Otherwise, I really don't have an answer. Maybe it really is coincidence. Just throwing ideas out there. I'm interested to see what other answers will be given

  3. #3
    INFJ

    Quote Originally Posted by lavendersnow View Post
    Because empathy overload makes us more prone to stress? Just an idea. I think INTJs are generally more self-confident, due to their love for their own rationality. I think they're more likely to live for themselves (Fi-Te) and INFJs more for others due to our auxilary Fe.

    Otherwise, I really don't have an answer. Maybe it really is coincidence. Just throwing ideas out there. I'm interested to see what other answers will be given
    Yeah the empathy levels in INFJ is overwhelming at times. lol I often envy that INTJs can keep things separated, feelings, opinions, etc.
    lavendersnow thanked this post.

  4. #4

    Quote Originally Posted by Juiz View Post
    Yeah the empathy levels in INFJ is overwhelming at times. lol I often envy that INTJs can keep things separated, feelings, opinions, etc.
    I don't. Despite empathy being something that overwhelms me at times, I wouldn't trade my emotional intelligence for anything. I know you didn't mean, just abandon it, but I quite like my empathy - it's just, at the worst of times, it's incredibly stressful. to care about people you know you shouldn't or care for someone whose life has literally nothing to do with yours.

    The INTJ's ability to keep emotion in an argument separate from the core debate is something everyone could use a touch of. It's a valuable skill although, you need some degree of emotion or passion in the first place to have the energy to debate something important to you. I'd say INTJs probably see it as the latter, passion rather than emotion, but I have no issue saying it is both to me. I wouldn't bother debating something I had no personal drive to see come to fruition. A side of the debate being the most 'logical' or 'rational', often isn't enough for me. Unless that logic benefits people, that is.

    However, what I don't envy is how many of them lack emotional intelligence and are clueless in romances and picking up emotional cues. Trying to meet a topic like love with rationality just feels utterly wrong to me. Not everything has to make logical sense, especially not something like love.
    Crimson Ash, Aletheia and Juiz thanked this post.

  5. #5
    INFJ

    Quote Originally Posted by lavendersnow View Post
    I don't. Despite empathy being something that overwhelms me at times, I wouldn't trade my emotional intelligence for anything. I know you didn't mean, just abandon it, but I quite like my empathy - it's just, at the worst of times, it's incredibly stressful. to care about people you know you shouldn't or care for someone whose life has literally nothing to do with yours.

    The INTJ's ability to keep emotion in an argument separate from the core debate is something everyone could use a touch of. It's a valuable skill although, you need some degree of emotion or passion in the first place to have the energy to debate something important to you. I'd say INTJs probably see it as the latter, passion rather than emotion, but I have no issue saying it is both to me. I wouldn't bother debating something I had no personal drive to see come to fruition. A side of the debate being the most 'logical' or 'rational', often isn't enough for me. Unless that logic benefits people, that is.

    However, what I don't envy is how many of them lack emotional intelligence and are clueless in romances and picking up emotional cues. Trying to meet a topic like love with rationality just feels utterly wrong to me. Not everything has to make logical sense, especially not something like love.
    Yeah I see. I think I've met mostly Fi-developed INTJs personally (wonder how that's happened lol I've even rendezvoused with more Fe-developed ENTPs), so I don't have much experience with those kinds of INTJs you're referring to. I understand it though, as in that case I wouldn't want to trade in my emotional intelligence either. Maybe I should change my use of "envy" to "admire." lol I like being able to empathize and understand from an emotional as well as logical position, but unbiased (because of Fe and a strong Ti) rather than the word "objective" which I think the kinds of INTJs you've met would probably respond to value/emotional assertions with something universally harsh and flat.
    Last edited by Juiz; 09-05-2016 at 01:35 PM.

  6. #6

    Just a guess: Because being INTJ usually works out better, overall. In the same way, I think the reason there are so many S types is because the world is in demand of it.
    Juiz and Aladdin Sane thanked this post.

  7. #7

    Quote Originally Posted by Juiz View Post
    Yeah I see. I think I've met mostly Fi-developed INTJs personally (wonder how that's happened lol I've even rendezvoused with more Fe-developed ENTPs), so I don't have much experience with those kinds of INTJs you're referring to. I understand it though, as in that case I wouldn't want to trade in my emotional intelligence either. Maybe I should change my use of "envy" to "admire." lol I like being able to empathize and understand from an emotional as well as logical position, but unbiased (because of Fe and a strong Ti) rather than the word "objective" which I think the kinds of INTJs you've met would probably respond to value/emotional assertions with something universally harsh and flat.
    Sadly, the ones I've met have been quite young, therefore their Fi is painfully underdeveloped. I think it makes a big difference whether you're from a family of mainly Fs or Ts and what particular influence, negative or positive, they've had on you. The ones I've known, I don't even think they've come from a family of all Ts, I think they've developed egos to mask insecurities which makes them believe that their way of thinking is the only acceptable one. So they've never learned to develop their emotions or accept that they exist and aren't a burden unless they treat them as such. They see everything as a problem to be solved and as you said, see everything quite black and white, which for an Ni dom is very unusual and maladaptive. If you're emotional, as they would describe it, you're wrong. Their cold rationality is always correct in every scenario simply because it's cold rationality.

    Unless we have had some strong reason otherwise, I think most INFJs are pretty rational.
    Aletheia and Juiz thanked this post.

  8. #8

    Interesting question. I thought I might add the point that it is "proven" that technically the INTJ female is the rarest type, if we're talking specifics.
    Juiz thanked this post.

  9. #9

    The thinking mind can be very loud and convincing, it is also a safer place to reside. It's also very hard to turn off as most people are unwilling or unable to do so.
    Juiz thanked this post.

  10. #10

    Male INTJs aren't really that rare, same with INFJ females.

    Female INTJs and male INFJs are supposedly the rarest. Presumably there's gender roles at play in masculine/feminine behaviors influencing the rarity of the "most rare INxJs" in that sense.

    But even then...honestly...

    I'm yet to find some proof of MBTI stats that seems credible enough to believe.

    I honestly suspect the rarity of intuitives to be greatly blown out of proportion due to the notable intuitive bias in the quizzes ("I can easily see possibilities and not just what's immediately in front of me"), and a lot of results are self-diagnosed. And even if they are scientifically valid stats, then we have to acknowledge the demographics of the sample pool right? Where did the stats collection take place? It seems plausible that different countries have different percentage ratios according to their cultures and lifestyles. Being in a country outside of the UK/US for example, I suspect the ratios won't be exactly the same, or might not necessarily even be very close. And when were they taken? Obviously what was true at one time will not necessarily be an accurate representation indefinitely. Perhaps the ratios change drastically every generation - after all, every new life alters the statistical average ever so slightly.
    Marvin the Dendroid, Juiz, Sour Roses and 1 others thanked this post.


     
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [INFJ] Do any INFJs have an opinion on Biting
    By frogbonsly76 in forum INFJ Forum - The Protectors
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-08-2016, 03:03 PM
  2. [ENTP] ENTPs' opinion on INTJs
    By Theartist1 in forum ENTP Forum- The Visionaries
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-21-2014, 06:10 AM
  3. [ESFJ] opinion of INTJs
    By Emerson in forum ESFJ Forum - The Caregivers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 07:56 PM
  4. [INFP] Your opinion and experiences of INTJs in your life
    By xerxes75 in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-16-2012, 05:59 PM
  5. [ESFJ] What is ESFJs opinion of INFJs?
    By Rory in forum ESFJ Forum - The Caregivers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 05:36 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:19 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0