Any INFPs who are really into gaming? Or might just play a game once in a while with friends?
I learned about the personality tests in my game design major, where we analyzed every aspect of our favorite games to see why they appealed to certain audiences. There were 4 determined audiences, each having "hardcore" and "casual" players, all corresponding to the 16 personality types.
INFPs were part of the "Wanderer" audience (shared with ENFPs and E/ISFPs) and I wasn't sure if any of you could relate or find this interesting.
Summarized from the article:
-The Wanderer is a player in search of new experiences and enjoy feeling awe/amazement
- Where as other types look for a challenge, the Wanderer is looking for fun. They won't play a game they aren't enjoying, and will in fact stop playing the moment it ceases to be fun.
- INFPs where the most common "hardcore" gamers of this group. "The most intuitive of all the groups looked at: [INFPs] are dreamers who want the game to dream with them."
- They like to play how they want, for example in a stylish or aesthetically pleasing way
- While they like a good plot, Wanderers are more interested in the characters and emotional elements. Many of them invest their own emotional meaning into games
- Wanderers enjoy any genre, with Legend of Zelda being a common favorite
(and for those who want to know:
- E/INTJs and E/ISTJs were the Conquering type: they liked to win and crush their opponents
- E/INTPs and E/ISTPs were Managers: they focus on strategy and mastering the gameplay
- E/INFJs and E/ISFJs made up the Participant group: loves to feel like a part of the story or social experience
Also please note that anyone can like any type of game, these were only the most common types found in each of the 4 groups. INFPs can love destroying the enemy team as much as anyone.)
So do any of you agree with that? Disagree?
And please share your favorite games, and why you like them. It would be cool if we could see a pattern.