[INFP] INFP : What types do you get along with and which ones you crash with ? - Page 4

INFP : What types do you get along with and which ones you crash with ?

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 31 to 40 of 40
Thank Tree17Thanks

This is a discussion on INFP : What types do you get along with and which ones you crash with ? within the INFP Forum - The Idealists forums, part of the NF's Temperament Forum- The Dreamers category; Get along with: ISTPs - I've met like 4 ISTPs I've met 3 which I think are 7w8 I have ...

  1. #31
    INFP

    Get along with:

    ISTPs - I've met like 4 ISTPs I've met 3 which I think are 7w8 I have gotten along with very quickly without much effort. Even a 7w8 ISTp but he was much much much harder to get along with but for some reason I could not hate him despite his sharply offensive comments.

    ISTJs- I've met and become friends with like 5 ISTJs. Idk, just easy people to get along with, all 5 of them found my jokes to be funny. But my dad was an ISTJ and our relationship wasn't the best.

    ISFJ- 2 ISFJ women I know, they just think I'm hilarious and always anticipate some funny antic when I am round lol


    ESTJs- I've known like 9 at least and currently I have like 4 ESTJ friends, this friendship is pretty easy and filled with a shared sense of humor and some with shared convictions of how we view the world.

    ISFPs- tI've met two, one was my ex girfriend and a co-worker. Me and the co-worker we sort of like insta-friends lol, idk, Fi just recognizes Fi I guess. Thye both felt like a cousin to me or something lol. Like we spoke the same language and shared the same awkward vibe which wasn't awkward to the other but very relatable.

    INTPs- some are funny and share my love of puns and exploring nuances and ideas to death.

    ENTPs- I've had 3 ENTP friends. Very hate and love relationship with two of them lol when they want your attention they know how to get it, God they know how to get it.

    Clash with:

    ISFJ - 2 ISFJs I know, can be very passive agressive and sometimes too indirect when they ask you to do something constantly using filter words like " Hey, maybe, if you are busy, you could, possibly, try to, give me a ride to work, if you want." And it just grates the crap out of me, because I usually know what they are asking but I am stuck just waiting for them to spit it out so I can confirm they are asking what I think. And sometimes they will hold out for the unlikliest of possibilities. Like, I shook a man's hand who had pink eye, then I got pink eye, I tell ISFJ I got pink eye form that man, ISFJ says , "I don't think so maybe you got it from somewhere else." Are you frikkin serious?!


    INTP: The arguments or lord. Stupid, STUPID, STOOOOOPID and endless arguments. And if they ever get proven wrong they can drop the stance at the drop of a hat and hat pisses me off, it's like , damn take a loss will ya.

    INFJ- I think I work with one guy of this type, and sometimes we get along but his meticulous attention to pointless details and critical comments grate me and secretly piss me the f off, though I say nothing because I have no real grounds to besides the fact that it just pisses me off. Also we can agree on the surface level but seriously disagree on many things and we view each other's stances as..idk...wrong lol, I don't like his views on many things.

    ESTP - my cousin that I grew up wth for 13 years was this type, I've met others of this type and they are alright, but my cousin and me constantly fought growing up, there was a rivalry between us and sometimes i hated his guts, everything a boy is supposed to be he was essentialy and I was the defect I guess, he was the example of what a boy should be and I was the example of what a boy should stop being lol. Fuck him. I still love him though.

    ENTP: Sometimes ENTPs will doing absolutely annoying shit to get your attention, and if you say stop guess what? They do it more, maybe this is the 7w8 variety but they also don't mind causing you some pain for their entertainment as well, and I really can't bear to be around that for too long. Also sometimes they can appear sociopathic to me..sorry lol.

  2. #32

    Based off my limited encounters with people of each type, these are probably the ones I tend to get along with:

    INFPs - for obvious reasons...
    ENFPs - They tend to be a lot more enthusiastic and energetic than me, but I like that contrast. I also like how quickly they bounce from one project or one thought to another, because that's how I function most of the time too. I just keep it to myself, unlike them.
    ENFJs - Haven't met too many, but from the few I know, I don't see how I couldn't get along with this type, unless they were unhealthy.
    ISFJs - The ones I've met are usually laid back and very kind and considerate of others' feelings, so the relationship feels natural and easy.

    I also tend to get along well with ENTJs and INTJs, but it depends on the person and if we have values in common. That's not to say I don't occasionally clash with them, but overall I tend to get over those clashes pretty quickly, because I can see the logic behind their reasoning. Most of the time that logic makes perfect sense, and it's up to me to just deal with all my emotions about it...

    As for types I clash with, I find I clash with ESTJ's a lot of the time, at least initially. It doesn't always stay that way (my sister is an ESTJ so I've had to learn to work through the differences in our personalities), but in a first impression, I do tend to clash with them. As for ISTJs, I've really only met 2 that I'm sure are ISTJs, but I surprisingly get along well with both of them and admire how practical and level-headed they are. But I could definitely see myself clashing with an ISTJ if our values didn't align.

  3. #33

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakigigar View Post
    Unfortunately, you can't. I'm sure you will be a wonderful person, and i would like to learn to know you, so that i will have a better opinion of ENTP's, but it seems like they absolutely hate me, even if i find them humorous and indeed hilarious, but i'm never allowed to be a part of their group. They're one of the most discriminative types to my experiences.
    I can see what you mean... a couple ENTPs I know are honest to goodness downright bullies. I remember when one of my high school classes was told by the teacher to take the test then share our results with the class, one of the irritating popular boys who had, alongside his group of friends, bullied me pretty bad in grade 9, got ENTP. I almost didn't want to share mine after I found out he was an ENTP. but I think a lot of times, ENTPs just find themselves with the wrong people. when he was alone, it almost seemed as if his power to be an asshole was taken away, because he then behaved more like your average dude.

    and I know this probably won't help, and you might just feel like telling me I can't apologize on behalf of all the rude ENTPs in the world, and that it doesn't fix anything, but I truly am sorry for us being so brash and at times ignorant...
    I do know though that our type is one of the harder ones to get along with.
    I am pretty positive I was one of those rude, terrible ENTPs myself a few years. idk, I've experienced a lot in life that has kinda forced me to grow up pretty fast, so I like to THINK that I'm not as bad as many.

    oh, and... I'm actually very grateful for your honesty. seriously. it's nice to hear other people's experiences and opinions with/of our type.

  4. #34

    Quote Originally Posted by assholekkonen View Post
    I can see what you mean... a couple ENTPs I know are honest to goodness downright bullies. I remember when one of my high school classes was told by the teacher to take the test then share our results with the class, one of the irritating popular boys who had, alongside his group of friends, bullied me pretty bad in grade 9, got ENTP. I almost didn't want to share mine after I found out he was an ENTP. but I think a lot of times, ENTPs just find themselves with the wrong people. when he was alone, it almost seemed as if his power to be an asshole was taken away, because he then behaved more like your average dude.

    and I know this probably won't help, and you might just feel like telling me I can't apologize on behalf of all the rude ENTPs in the world, and that it doesn't fix anything, but I truly am sorry for us being so brash and at times ignorant...
    I do know though that our type is one of the harder ones to get along with.
    I am pretty positive I was one of those rude, terrible ENTPs myself a few years. idk, I've experienced a lot in life that has kinda forced me to grow up pretty fast, so I like to THINK that I'm not as bad as many.

    oh, and... I'm actually very grateful for your honesty. seriously. it's nice to hear other people's experiences and opinions with/of our type.
    It's also worth noting that all the people that i suspect of being an ENTP are men (or even boys on high school). Women are just in general a bit different, and i can't think of a ENTP woman. I also think ENTP men have a lot in common with ESTP men, and are very similar to them, so i might confuse ENTP's with ESTP's and vice versa.

  5. #35

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakigigar View Post
    It's also worth noting that all the people that i suspect of being an ENTP are men (or even boys on high school). Women are just in general a bit different, and i can't think of a ENTP woman. I also think ENTP men have a lot in common with ESTP men, and are very similar to them, so i might confuse ENTP's with ESTP's and vice versa.
    I actually know of only one other ENTP female in real life, and I barely know her. I know 5 males who are positively ENTPs, and I for the most part get along with them, but I can see how other people get ticked off by them. But I am yet to meet and actually get to know another ENTP female. we are a pretty rare breed.

  6. #36

    Quote Originally Posted by assholekkonen View Post
    I actually know of only one other ENTP female in real life, and I barely know her. I know 5 males who are positively ENTPs, and I for the most part get along with them, but I can see how other people get ticked off by them. But I am yet to meet and actually get to know another ENTP female. we are a pretty rare breed.
    I even don't have a NF close friend. My inner circles exists all of SP's and sometimes SJ's. I knew a lot of NT's in the past, but they all abandoned my life for some reason (were usually INTP or INTJ). They're not known as stayers. I actually only have one NT friend right now, he is INTJ, and I usually only chat with him on Facebook, and haven't seen him in three years. He works on a bank, and does something with economics.

    N's in general are a rare breed where I live. For some reason, it's like they purify it here, because it's not productive. In order to be productive, you need to live in the real world. It's really hard to detect N in others. They're probably all in college and university lol, and the ENFP's are in a foreign country. On my FB list, i probably have at least 4, maybe 5 NF's in my friend list. Two of them, i learnt to know on the forums here, one of them always does volunteering work in Africa and India, travels the world around, and is very keen on doing new experiences (drug-tolerant girl, attending psychedelic festivals, wearing weird clothing, actually very ENFP'ish) and two introverted NF's, but one of them if he is a thinker or a feeler, i lean towards INFP or INFJ.

    It's actually amazing, but all the NF's i know (especially on facebook) are left-wing to far-left, and that one INTJ helped me to introduce me in the communist party, so he is one too. I might have a lot of NT's on my friend list, but i'm not really close with them (anymore).
    Last edited by Lakigigar; 04-27-2018 at 05:30 AM.

  7. #37

    Quote Originally Posted by entheos
    So one minute the ENTP creature is saying "I will do anything to get what I want, I'll be a sneaky snake, I'll kiss ass" and the next second a button gets pushed and they're like "I won't do that shit! No matter how many trophies I get, that's scum of the earth" lol
    You give account of two people with the same MBTI, but there is no contradiction since they are not synchronized.

  8. #38

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakigigar View Post
    I even don't have a NF close friend. My inner circles exists all of SP's and sometimes SJ's. I knew a lot of NT's in the past, but they all abandoned my life for some reason (were usually INTP or INTJ). They're not known as stayers. I actually only have one NT friend right now, he is INTJ, and I usually only chat with him on Facebook, and haven't seen him in three years. He works on a bank, and does something with economics.

    N's in general are a rare breed where I live. For some reason, it's like they purify it here, because it's not productive. In order to be productive, you need to live in the real world. It's really hard to detect N in others. They're probably all in college and university lol, and the ENFP's are in a foreign country. On my FB list, i probably have at least 4, maybe 5 NF's in my friend list. Two of them, i learnt to know on the forums here, one of them always does volunteering work in Africa and India, travels the world around, and is very keen on doing new experiences (drug-tolerant girl, attending psychedelic festivals, wearing weird clothing, actually very ENFP'ish) and two introverted NF's, but one of them if he is a thinker or a feeler, i lean towards INFP or INFJ.

    It's actually amazing, but all the NF's i know (especially on facebook) are left-wing to far-left, and that one INTJ helped me to introduce me in the communist party, so he is one too. I might have a lot of NT's on my friend list, but i'm not really close with them (anymore).
    I've actually found that friend-wise, I can stay long term friends with STs and NFs better than NTs. I'm not sure if it seems like NTs flock together or not, but I don't think it's the case with ENTXs. I think if NTs are close for long periods of time, one or both are INTXs. But my life long best friend is an ENFP. the people I'm currently closest with are all either NFs or STs.

  9. #39

    Quote Originally Posted by assholekkonen View Post
    I've actually found that friend-wise, I can stay long term friends with STs and NFs better than NTs. I'm not sure if it seems like NTs flock together or not, but I don't think it's the case with ENTXs. I think if NTs are close for long periods of time, one or both are INTXs. But my life long best friend is an ENFP. the people I'm currently closest with are all either NFs or STs.
    Hmm yes i can imagine that. ENTP's are very different from all other NT's, and wouldn't fit in nerdy kind of groups in my belief. With INTJ's they can also probably clash. They also have inferior Se what would make them very weird since Se makes you live in the active world and have you an idea what is trendy to do (and they're not going to be busy with that, and just be weird in general, weird clothing, weird haircut maybe). So INTJ's are likely candidates to be bullied.

    INTP's are not going to be that popular of inferior Fe, and especially if their Fe is not well trained, and they can't fit in a group, they will just like me not be accepted in a group with a dominant ENTP/ESTP. And it seems like an ENTJ is just occupied with very different stuff than the ENTP. I think an ENTP would theoretically have more ST friends, and i would include ESFP and ENFP in too.

  10. #40

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakigigar View Post
    Hmm yes i can imagine that. ENTP's are very different from all other NT's, and wouldn't fit in nerdy kind of groups in my belief. With INTJ's they can also probably clash. They also have inferior Se what would make them very weird since Se makes you live in the active world and have you an idea what is trendy to do (and they're not going to be busy with that, and just be weird in general, weird clothing, weird haircut maybe). So INTJ's are likely candidates to be bullied.

    INTP's are not going to be that popular of inferior Fe, and especially if their Fe is not well trained, and they can't fit in a group, they will just like me not be accepted in a group with a dominant ENTP/ESTP. And it seems like an ENTJ is just occupied with very different stuff than the ENTP. I think an ENTP would theoretically have more ST friends, and i would include ESFP and ENFP in too.
    I've found that I do have some of the best conversations with INTPs, and some of my best relationships have been with INTPs, but... idk. it's always tended to fizzle out because although there is only that one letter difference, I've found it can make the world of a difference. I don't get along very well with ENTJs unless they're eons older than me. I have found myself to clash with INTJs... idk... something about them just unnerves me. I have an INTJ cousin and him and I have a very love-hate relationship. I feel like they're one of the types that gets sick of an ENTP's shit among the fastest.
    but ESTJs I get along with fine. the few INFPs I know, I am pretty good friends with - or at least, in my opinion, I am. one of them I am positive thinks of me as a good friend - the others, not so sure. ENFPs, as I previously mentioned, I get along with. ESFPs are also fun. ESTPs are quick friends for me. I haven't yet met an ISTP other than my dad, but am very eager to see how it would be to meet one.

    oh! that was the other thing I was going to say..
    I do think that ENTPs can nerd out with the other NTs, but are less likely to stick around for the full conversation unless they are very interested in it, or have nothing else to do. They aren't as committed to the nerd life though :') our interests change too fast to actually allow us to be nerds on many different topics.


     
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-07-2018, 10:04 AM
  2. [Enneagram Type 4] which types do you get along least and most with? why?
    By faizafaiz in forum Type 4 Forum - The Individualist
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-15-2016, 02:01 PM
  3. [ISFP] What types do isfps get along with?
    By Tega1 in forum ISFP Forum - The Artists
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 09-04-2016, 07:21 PM
  4. [ISTP] What type are your siblings and how do you get along with them?
    By deadly_silence in forum ISTP Forum - The Mechanics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-12-2015, 04:00 PM
  5. [INFP] MBTIs of your siblings and how well you get along with them
    By Hal Jordan Prime in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-27-2012, 09:56 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:45 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0