[INFP] INFP-ENTJ relations - Page 2

INFP-ENTJ relations

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
Thank Tree51Thanks

This is a discussion on INFP-ENTJ relations within the INFP Forum - The Idealists forums, part of the NF's Temperament Forum- The Dreamers category; Originally Posted by Pizzafari But that's what I mean, that's not good, dude. Believe me, I know full well how ...

  1. #11

    Quote Originally Posted by Pizzafari View Post
    But that's what I mean, that's not good, dude. Believe me, I know full well how it feels to have someone who makes you feel great about yourself when no-one else does, and I know how it feels to fall for someone who's already in a relationship, but is hoping that this girl goes through the sadness of breaking up with the person she loves for the sake of you who she's known for one month really how you should be feeling towards someone who's given you happiness? I understand the feeling, believe me, but the mindset that must have gone into you asking this question is not a good one for her sake. If you care about her as a friend, you need to let things be. If they do break up, fine. But that'd be a horrible thing for her to have to go through and it's not something to wish upon a friend. And if not for her sake, if they never break up you could be holding your breath for something to happen forever.
    I must say that was very well put.
    neutralchaotic and Hælendleof Loc thanked this post.

  2. #12

    Quote Originally Posted by Pizzafari View Post
    But that's what I mean, that's not good, dude. Believe me, I know full well how it feels to have someone who makes you feel great about yourself when no-one else does, and I know how it feels to fall for someone who's already in a relationship, but is hoping that this girl goes through the sadness of breaking up with the person she loves for the sake of you who she's known for one month really how you should be feeling towards someone who's given you happiness? I understand the feeling, believe me, but the mindset that must have gone into you asking this question is not a good one for her sake. If you care about her as a friend, you need to let things be. If they do break up, fine. But that'd be a horrible thing for her to have to go through and it's not something to wish upon a friend. And if not for her sake, if they never break up you could be holding your breath for something to happen forever.
    Maybe I am indeed a terrible person for hoping for this... but it's just how I feel. Usually, I treat my own feelings like natural phenomena... like hurricanes or something. I don't judge/analyse my feelings in general, they just come out of nowhere, they are what they are and maybe they do go away... one day... Now, I will not do anything to make that break up happen, but still in my heart of hearts I do hope it happens.

    I'll be honest with you... I see it more in terms of getting a shot... the needle does hurt, but it's one of those painful things that are good for you in the end. I have intervened in other relationships in the past, advising people to break up, but it was for a good cause... or better described as making the best of terrible situations. Like advising a former friend of mine to leave his girlfriend, because he was cheating on her and I thought: at least she can find someone else and get on with her life. This would later be the reason why I now say FORMER friend. Or advising a friend of mine to accept a divorce because staying in that marriage... I genuinely think it would have killed him... And I'm not saying this metaphorically... He lost 20 kg/44 lbs in this marriage. Although he's still young, his health is fragile and he had to deal with an insane family. I would compare it more to a cult... with the father as "the prophet" (I think he's an 8 like me) and the rest of the family as cult members including his daughter/my friend's wife. I genuinely think he's a narcissist or a psychopath, resorting to stuff like gaslighting, etc... And my friend was married for less than 2 years... Think of what it would have done to him in decades... I wanted to not get involved earlier, but I did see the signs. I did tell him once, that if they were to break up it would be the fault of her family. I knew he shouldn't have married her, but I didn't say/do enough and look at the situation he's in now. I do feel partly guilty for it.

    It's a hard choice either way, to get involved or not... because past a certain point, if you care about someone as a friend/prospective BF/etc... whatever positive relationship there is... brother, sister, etc. you have to do something. It's not the case with the girl I mentioned, but if it were... then yes, I'd feel that it would be my duty to do/say something about it. She might hate me for it, but it would do her good. I'd rather break off all relations with her (or anyone) but know that I did that person good, than just be a spectator to their pain. I had a similar decision to make with other friends and yes, I did intervene... like an ESTJ who called me a 3 months later after moving in with some guy I warned her not to... she called me to tell me I was right, he was insane and he kicked her out after cheating on her...

  3. #13

    Quote Originally Posted by Strelnikov View Post
    Maybe I am indeed a terrible person for hoping for this... but it's just how I feel. Usually, I treat my own feelings like natural phenomena... like hurricanes or something. I don't judge/analyse my feelings in general, they just come out of nowhere, they are what they are and maybe they do go away... one day... Now, I will not do anything to make that break up happen, but still in my heart of hearts I do hope it happens.

    I'll be honest with you... I see it more in terms of getting a shot... the needle does hurt, but it's one of those painful things that are good for you in the end. I have intervened in other relationships in the past, advising people to break up, but it was for a good cause... or better described as making the best of terrible situations. Like advising a former friend of mine to leave his girlfriend, because he was cheating on her and I thought: at least she can find someone else and get on with her life. This would later be the reason why I now say FORMER friend. Or advising a friend of mine to accept a divorce because staying in that marriage... I genuinely think it would have killed him... And I'm not saying this metaphorically... He lost 20 kg/44 lbs in this marriage. Although he's still young, his health is fragile and he had to deal with an insane family. I would compare it more to a cult... with the father as "the prophet" (I think he's an 8 like me) and the rest of the family as cult members including his daughter/my friend's wife. I genuinely think he's a narcissist or a psychopath, resorting to stuff like gaslighting, etc... And my friend was married for less than 2 years... Think of what it would have done to him in decades... I wanted to not get involved earlier, but I did see the signs. I did tell him once, that if they were to break up it would be the fault of her family. I knew he shouldn't have married her, but I didn't say/do enough and look at the situation he's in now. I do feel partly guilty for it.

    It's a hard choice either way, to get involved or not... because past a certain point, if you care about someone as a friend/prospective BF/etc... whatever positive relationship there is... brother, sister, etc. you have to do something. It's not the case with the girl I mentioned, but if it were... then yes, I'd feel that it would be my duty to do/say something about it. She might hate me for it, but it would do her good. I'd rather break off all relations with her (or anyone) but know that I did that person good, than just be a spectator to their pain. I had a similar decision to make with other friends and yes, I did intervene... like an ESTJ who called me a 3 months later after moving in with some guy I warned her not to... she called me to tell me I was right, he was insane and he kicked her out after cheating on her...
    That's so much drama. That's more relationship drama than all of my extended family on my mom's side put together.

    ...so maybe this INFP's boyfriend is also psycho? And you're not? Well you would know better than the internet. I hope you find your love.

  4. #14

    Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    That's so much drama. That's more relationship drama than all of my extended family on my mom's side put together.

    ...so maybe this INFP's boyfriend is also psycho? And you're not? Well you would know better than the internet. I hope you find your love.
    I know... I honestly never thought of it this way, as drama, until I saw what I've written in my previous post... It's amazing how much clarity seeing something written down can bring. I did mention that the psycho stuff doesn't apply in this case, don't think he is, but it does apply in the case of my other 2 friends...

    As for whether or not I'm a psychopath... I don't think so. It's true that I do feel less than other people, but the key thing missing is the reckless disregard for other people. If I were, I would have acted from the start without any questions, lying/cheating/stealing my way to my objective.
    Last edited by Strelnikov; 10-03-2019 at 01:25 AM.
    secondpassing thanked this post.

  5. #15
    INFP

    My best friend is ENTJ. It's cool now that we are not roommates anymore. We developed a wonky relationship where I'm the NFP pet and protegé. It's even more wonky as I thought I was ENFP for years and now that I'm coming face to face with my introvert needs he still thinks I'm just a moody extrovert... Oh boy. Needless to say he's a rather TeSe-loopy kind of ENTJ.
    Strelnikov thanked this post.

  6. #16

    My husband is ENTJ. I like the balance of personalities/ strengths/ styles. He is very direct which means sometimes he can be a little too blunt but it also means that I don’t have to spend emotional energy worrying about 7000 variations of “what if”. What you see is what you get. He’s all on the surface. I don’t mean he’s shallow; far from it. But he doesn’t hide much.

    I really like that my emotional swings don’t bother him. If I’m crying over nothing or thrilled about the way the sun filters through the leaves, his mood is pretty stable either way. Don’t get me wrong, he does not like if I’m upset and tries to comfort me. But I don’t drag him down.

    I needed to learn to ask for exactly what I wanted and not hint or hope he’d mind read. And I needed to learn to not assume bad intent. “Please ask me how I’m feeling if I’m home sick from work” is the type of thing we had to talk about. After I made the request it made sense to him, but it would not occur to him to ask, or that I might want an invitation to talk. He figured I’d update him if things had changed, gotten better or worse, whatever.

    He likes my ability to read people and situations since he is not good at it. I am able to help him understand his more complex feelings since he tends to have mostly primary-colored emotions (happy/ sad/ angry) and the more involved ones can be harder for him to figure out, since generally he doesn’t experience varying moods and so doesn’t have much practice in deciphering them.

    We share a sense of humor. I think for the match to work you need to really share most values and many interests because when disagreements occur is where things really break down between us. We don’t resolve conflict well, most often choosing to just make a truce rather than solve the underlying problem. Strange because we are both problem-solvers at heart, but our communication styles when we are not happy are so very different that it’d hard to bridge the gap. This may not be quite as true of other ENTJs; he leans towards the autism spectrum in his difficulty with understanding social cues and body language. So for instance if I start to cry in an argument to him it’s out of the blue whereas most people would have seen it building for many minutes. It’s not that he doesn’t care, it’s just that he literally does not see it.

    The nice thing is that ENTJs are extroverts who are quite happy to do their own thing without a lot of social activity as long as they can be busy with some sort of activity that engages their mind or their planning and creative abilities. So even though he is outgoing he is not forever trying to get me to socialize.

    As to her having a boyfriend; I am a bit older than many of the posters here and I say “So what?” Don’t actively try to break them up, don’t pin your hopes on it, but it’s called “dating” not “marrying” for a reason. People date. They break up. They date someone else. Yeah, INFPs tend to take breakups hard in part because we don’t connect with a lot of people. But you said she is dating him, not for how long or how seriously or even if she is in love with him.

    It sounds like she is (probably subconsciously) back-burnering you; I have seen some compelling studies that show that most women have backup partners in mind because for most of our evolutionary history, being without a mate was a very risky endeavor, so having someone in mind in case our partner for some reason left the scene was an evolutionary advantage. “Shopping” is not cheating. It sure seems like she is giving hints that she finds you compelling.

    My guess is that as an ENTJ you would not be too heartbroken if she never became available or if she did and it turned out she strictly thought of you as a friend. So don’t be a jerk and put on the moves but I’d say give things a little time, keep her in your orbit, and see what things look like in a few months. I wouldn’t wait much longer than that.
    Liquidlucy, twirler, L P and 2 others thanked this post.

  7. #17

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Flower View Post
    My husband is ENTJ. I like the balance of personalities/ strengths/ styles. He is very direct which means sometimes he can be a little too blunt but it also means that I don’t have to spend emotional energy worrying about 7000 variations of “what if”. What you see is what you get. He’s all on the surface. I don’t mean he’s shallow; far from it. But he doesn’t hide much.

    I really like that my emotional swings don’t bother him. If I’m crying over nothing or thrilled about the way the sun filters through the leaves, his mood is pretty stable either way. Don’t get me wrong, he does not like if I’m upset and tries to comfort me. But I don’t drag him down.

    I needed to learn to ask for exactly what I wanted and not hint or hope he’d mind read. And I needed to learn to not assume bad intent. “Please ask me how I’m feeling if I’m home sick from work” is the type of thing we had to talk about. After I made the request it made sense to him, but it would not occur to him to ask, or that I might want an invitation to talk. He figured I’d update him if things had changed, gotten better or worse, whatever.

    He likes my ability to read people and situations since he is not good at it. I am able to help him understand his more complex feelings since he tends to have mostly primary-colored emotions (happy/ sad/ angry) and the more involved ones can be harder for him to figure out, since generally he doesn’t experience varying moods and so doesn’t have much practice in deciphering them.

    We share a sense of humor. I think for the match to work you need to really share most values and many interests because when disagreements occur is where things really break down between us. We don’t resolve conflict well, most often choosing to just make a truce rather than solve the underlying problem. Strange because we are both problem-solvers at heart, but our communication styles when we are not happy are so very different that it’d hard to bridge the gap. This may not be quite as true of other ENTJs; he leans towards the autism spectrum in his difficulty with understanding social cues and body language. So for instance if I start to cry in an argument to him it’s out of the blue whereas most people would have seen it building for many minutes. It’s not that he doesn’t care, it’s just that he literally does not see it.

    The nice thing is that ENTJs are extroverts who are quite happy to do their own thing without a lot of social activity as long as they can be busy with some sort of activity that engages their mind or their planning and creative abilities. So even though he is outgoing he is not forever trying to get me to socialize.

    As to her having a boyfriend; I am a bit older than many of the posters here and I say “So what?” Don’t actively try to break them up, don’t pin your hopes on it, but it’s called “dating” not “marrying” for a reason. People date. They break up. They date someone else. Yeah, INFPs tend to take breakups hard in part because we don’t connect with a lot of people. But you said she is dating him, not for how long or how seriously or even if she is in love with him.

    It sounds like she is (probably subconsciously) back-burnering you; I have seen some compelling studies that show that most women have backup partners in mind because for most of our evolutionary history, being without a mate was a very risky endeavor, so having someone in mind in case our partner for some reason left the scene was an evolutionary advantage. “Shopping” is not cheating. It sure seems like she is giving hints that she finds you compelling.

    My guess is that as an ENTJ you would not be too heartbroken if she never became available or if she did and it turned out she strictly thought of you as a friend. So don’t be a jerk and put on the moves but I’d say give things a little time, keep her in your orbit, and see what things look like in a few months. I wouldn’t wait much longer than that.
    loved to read this, I recognise a lot from it. Especially the bit of not having to worry about his 'what you see is what you get' style. I love that about my ENTJ as well. And the thing about being extroverted in a project-sense instead of in a people-sense.. My partner is always in the future in his head, planning, thinking ahead, solving problems. I'm more in the here and now. We help each other a great deal with enjoying the moment, though making sensible plans for the future together too (without getting too stressed out).
    Just wanted to add this too the ENTJ-INFP bliss ;)

    I recognise the thing about not seeing the tears coming as well. I sometimes feel like I need to spell every emotion out, especially when it's really foreign/just me feeling them. He sometimes misinterpets my tears as a way to manipulate him, which I find very weird (I think he has read somewhere that girls can do that, but my tears mostly come from frustration/anger).
    We just suffered a loss together though, which was, in a strange way, a good experience for us too, because we were both able to feel it so deeply and talk about it in a heartfelt manner (Fi?).
    Totally agree on your pragmatic approach towards the INFP in question too. Just wait it out, stay close and see what happens until, you feel, it has been long enough. I'd also try to keep an open mind towards other people who are free atm.
    twirler, Blue Flower and Strelnikov thanked this post.

  8. #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Strelnikov View Post
    Dear INFPs,

    How do you feel about ENTJs? How are your relations with us? How do you view us?

    By "relations" I mean any kind of personal relationship (romantic, friendship, rivalry, etc.) The reason I'm asking is because there is an INFP girl I'm interested in romantically (unfortunately she has a BF at the present :( ) and I'm curious to get an idea of how things might work between us.
    Don't know a ton of ENTJs personally. My father and then possibly my younger brother and very few outside of that. But: most people in general are fascinated deeply by their own Inferior Function and enjoy using it, even if plays a non-central role in their life. That's how I am about Te. I can say all I want: "that's not what I base my life on" yet inevitably when it comes to things like developing a procedure for how to do something, making things more organized and efficient, accepting universal standards, etc. it never loses its appeal. So the ENTJ way of doing things is very enjoyable to watch.

    And yet our last interaction Strelnikov, it was me declaring ENTJs the most overrated MBTI type and that's something I'm sticking with. This applies far more to ENTJs inside America, and then the other Anglo-rooted countries. It's not a healthy culture that appreciates all styles of personality, it's a toxic, narcissistic culture, it plays favorites. And narcissistic cultures don't only negatively affect those disfavored by them; they also negatively impact those favored, the Golden Children.

    In areas online where a lot of ENTJs congregate, I see an above average number of egotistical, obnoxious remarks. "I’m an ENTJ and as such think that I can already do everything better than everyone else", one person wrote. I read some of these things and I'm just filled with contempt and disgust. On ENTJ Confessions, it became enough of a problem that the more sober and wise ENTJs began the scolding, see here and here. Yes most of them haven't gotten to that level of spoiled, and I do not think it an inherent ENTJ trait either. To be fair, there are also some self-pitying confessions among them but for all that...I still definitely understand where the scolders are coming from. All I can say those who've let it go to their heads: if they fail to humble themselves, life will do it for them. It happened to me when I was about 10 and I'm still never the same as I was before, probably for the best though.

    And no this does not apply to you personally Strelnikov, from what I've seen of you I'm fond of you. But admittedly what I've said isn't going to help you much in getting what you're seeking. For that, I'm just willing to accept that two people of any MBTI type can make a great relationship as long as there is good communication, understanding of the other, and most importantly, genuine affection. Maybe you find Dominant Fi fascinating because of your own Inferior Fi?
    Strelnikov thanked this post.

  9. #19

    Quote Originally Posted by Monadnock View Post
    Don't know a ton of ENTJs personally. My father and then possibly my younger brother and very few outside of that. But: most people in general are fascinated deeply by their own Inferior Function and enjoy using it, even if plays a non-central role in their life. That's how I am about Te. I can say all I want: "that's not what I base my life on" yet inevitably when it comes to things like developing a procedure for how to do something, making things more organized and efficient, accepting universal standards, etc. it never loses its appeal. So the ENTJ way of doing things is very enjoyable to watch.
    Yes, there are times when I'm amazed myself how effective Te can be... it reminds me of the idea of "wu wei" in Chinese philosophy, doing something without any effort, without getting tired... it just comes naturally and everything is in balance and harmony.

    And narcissistic cultures don't only negatively affect those disfavored by them; they also negatively impact those favored, the Golden Children.
    Which other types would you say gain by this system? Who are the Golden Children?

    In areas online where a lot of ENTJs congregate, I see an above average number of egotistical, obnoxious remarks. "I’m an ENTJ and as such think that I can already do everything better than everyone else", one person wrote. I read some of these things and I'm just filled with contempt and disgust. On ENTJ Confessions, it became enough of a problem that the more sober and wise ENTJs began the scolding, see here and here. Yes most of them haven't gotten to that level of spoiled, and I do not think it an inherent ENTJ trait either. To be fair, there are also some self-pitying confessions among them but for all that...I still definitely understand where the scolders are coming from. All I can say those who've let it go to their heads: if they fail to humble themselves, life will do it for them. It happened to me when I was about 10 and I'm still never the same as I was before, probably for the best though.
    :D Wow! Well, for me it's like this: I sometimes do say things like: "I'm invincible" either as a joke or because it gives me encouragement and makes me feel better at certain times. But I don't actually think that I can't be defeated. I really like history and everything I've seen has taught me that the biggest, most massive mistake one can make is believing one's own hype and underestimating the enemy (by "enemy" I don't mean particular people, I'm thinking of a more general thing, like situations or tasks). The greatest defeats and humiliations were suffered by the people who did these things.

    As for confidence, well... honestly... it doesn't cross my mind in general. My first concern when I have to do something is what do I have to do to bring about the desired outcome? Whether or not I can do it... the question rarely crosses my mind. I don't really think "I can do anything better (because I'm an ENTJ)" or "I can't do it"... It's just that my mind gets focused on the task itself and I don't factor in myself as a person (or other people) in the equation. I have to do a conscious effort to remember that there are also human factors, because I usually focus on the situational non-personal factors and the logical steps needed to make a certain situation reality. This also applies when I'm angry or upset, I don't get angry at people in general (except when they directly insult me), but at the situations themselves. As such, unless people insult me, I don't take it out on them.


    And no this does not apply to you personally Strelnikov, from what I've seen of you I'm fond of you. But admittedly what I've said isn't going to help you much in getting what you're seeking. For that, I'm just willing to accept that two people of any MBTI type can make a great relationship as long as there is good communication, understanding of the other, and most importantly, genuine affection. Maybe you find Dominant Fi fascinating because of your own Inferior Fi?
    Thank you! The feeling is mutual!

    Well... what I'm seeking... I did present the case that triggered the question of the thread in my mind, but I was also curious in a wider sense how INFPs view ENTJs and yes, you did help with that. What I find fascinating about dominant Fi is the resilience. It could be inferior Fi or my 9 wing (Enneagram-wise), but I really value resilience. I see resilience as the trait I'm most proud in myself, due to my own personal past (having been through poverty and illness, even death - medics managed to resuscitate me), but also because of my birthplace (a city which has been completely destroyed 3 times, survived 2 world wars and German - WW1 and Allied - WW2 occupations and yet it still stands, the phoenix is on our coat of arms as a symbol of our resilience despite hardship).

    I see strength mainly not as an ability to be aggressive in the offensive, as much as I see it in terms of one's ability to take it, to suffer hit after hit without giving up and it seems to me Fi-doms are exceptional at this. I see INFPs as powerhouses, because real power isn't about a puffed up chest and the go-getter attitude, but about taking it quietly and persevering. And I have seen my INFP friends take heavy hits and in a way, the hits barely put them off balance. Sensitive like a seismometer, yet resilient at the same time. Another thing I really like is the moral compass, you seem to be able to deal with complex moral questions in a way I can't and this makes INFPs excellent at giving solid grounded advice which re-balances me.
    Monandock, Blue Flower and L P thanked this post.

  10. #20

    Quote Originally Posted by Strelnikov View Post
    Which other types would you say gain by this system? Who are the Golden Children?
    for America it's historically been: EXFJ for women and EXTJ for men. Unhealthy Dominant Fe is an example of America's smiling culture. But it's not something strictly categorical, it's more like a spectrum of more likely, less likely. Even the types that you could call "Black Sheep" (INXPs usually) can thrive here sometimes, the question is more of "what does society prioritize and how likely is it that your specific needs will be met?" Also as I said in earlier posts, I can see things slowly changing.

    :D Wow! Well, for me it's like this: I sometimes do say things like: "I'm invincible" either as a joke or because it gives me encouragement and makes me feel better at certain times. But I don't actually think that I can't be defeated. I really like history and everything I've seen has taught me that the biggest, most massive mistake one can make is believing one's own hype and underestimating the enemy (by "enemy" I don't mean particular people, I'm thinking of a more general thing, like situations or tasks). The greatest defeats and humiliations were suffered by the people who did these things.
    As for confidence, well... honestly... it doesn't cross my mind in general. My first concern when I have to do something is what do I have to do to bring about the desired outcome? Whether or not I can do it... the question rarely crosses my mind. I don't really think "I can do anything better (because I'm an ENTJ)" or "I can't do it"... It's just that my mind gets focused on the task itself and I don't factor in myself as a person (or other people) in the equation. I have to do a conscious effort to remember that there are also human factors, because I usually focus on the situational non-personal factors and the logical steps needed to make a certain situation reality. This also applies when I'm angry or upset, I don't get angry at people in general (except when they directly insult me), but at the situations themselves. As such, unless people insult me, I don't take it out on them.
    That sounds like what I try to do, it's not so much "confidence" because confidence is often just ungrounded optimism, and more like determination.

    What I find fascinating about dominant Fi is the resilience. It could be inferior Fi or my 9 wing (Enneagram-wise), but I really value resilience. I see resilience as the trait I'm most proud in myself, due to my own personal past (having been through poverty and illness, even death - medics managed to resuscitate me), but also because of my birthplace (a city which has been completely destroyed 3 times, survived 2 world wars and German - WW1 and Allied - WW2 occupations and yet it still stands, the phoenix is on our coat of arms as a symbol of our resilience despite hardship).

    I see strength mainly not as an ability to be aggressive in the offensive, as much as I see it in terms of one's ability to take it, to suffer hit after hit without giving up and it seems to me Fi-doms are exceptional at this. I see INFPs as powerhouses, because real power isn't about a puffed up chest and the go-getter attitude, but about taking it quietly and persevering. And I have seen my INFP friends take heavy hits and in a way, the hits barely put them off balance. Sensitive like a seismometer, yet resilient at the same time.
    So I'd like to amend that: what makes the INFP "resilient" isn't necessarily the ability to withstand the blast itself, in that regard most of our defenses are quite low. What makes us resilient is our ability to quickly recover once healing and empowering stimuli are applied to us. Elaine Aron has done a lot of research on what she calls "Highly Sensitive People", about 20% of humans are like this, most INFPs strongly relate to the description. She says this is the 20% of the population that, for example therapy in the case of depression, is actually really beneficial for, because our nervous systems pick up so much more stimuli, good and bad, than the other 80% and hence healing stimuli is that much more effective on us. I was the sibling who went crazy when my parents divorced, I tend to react to everything pretty strongly, but I was also the one that was most reactive to being healed by the therapist.

    Another thing I really like is the moral compass, you seem to be able to deal with complex moral questions in a way I can't and this makes INFPs excellent at giving solid grounded advice which re-balances me.
    I have noticed based on 16personalities surveys that NTs are more likely to fall into the utilitarian trap than NFs, but you all have much you can teach NFs about morality too. NTs seem quicker to nourish people's desire for independence, to become their own authority, and they're also quicker I think to spot the limitations of democracy. I'd trust NTs to hold the fort in a decaying civilization more so than NFs.
    L P and Strelnikov thanked this post.


     
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-16-2019, 04:24 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-02-2016, 03:38 PM
  3. Are Supervision Relations Even Worse Than Conflicting Relations
    By The Exception in forum Socionics Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-19-2016, 11:56 PM
  4. Relations of Benefit vs Relations of Supervision?
    By Helios in forum Socionics Forum
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 07-03-2013, 02:19 PM
  5. [ENTJ] INTP-ENTJ relations case study to solve
    By asharil in forum ENTJ Forum - The Executives
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-05-2011, 04:45 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:43 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0